Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Still researching and deciding on the best way to write a self-published (non-fiction) book I really want to write. I've got to come up with the chapter parameters and themain focus of each chapter, along with the background info the reader will need for each section. If I can muster the motivation and longevity to stick with it I really think I'd enjoy it.

Edited by Footballwipe

A bit pissed off.

Currently work 10:00-18:00 (in a 24-hour business).

But manager has asked me whether to work from 3am (!) until 11am, with higher pay.

I wouldn't mind doing it for higher pay, but just concerned it'll affect (almost certainly it will) social life.

Don't know what to do.

ive worked a few 3.30-11.30 or 4-12 shifts and they are a bitch tbf. you can't really do anything, ever. you've gotta be in bed early because you're up at 2 or half 2 in the morning. even going to bed "early" you're still tired for most your shift. then you get to the end of your shift and think, ace, a whole day basically free now. but then you remember nobody else you know is home from work til gone 6pm and that's about the time you start thinking of having a shower an going to bed. 

still ill from last week, off work and watching The Hunt. Fascinating. David Attenborough's commentary is superb as usual.

Watched that last night. How good was the quality of the colour and close ups etc. Superb.

Weirdly I've always liked (and still do like) crocodiles and alligators so I loved their little inclusion on the programme. 

Watched that last night. How good was the quality of the colour and close ups etc. Superb.

Weirdly I've always liked (and still do like) crocodiles and alligators so I loved their little inclusion on the programme. 

I love the 'behind the scenes thing they do at the end for about 10 minutes. Like what they have to go through and the endurance/patience they have to experience in order to get those special shots. Pure dedication and commitment that to just wait watching the same image for hours, days or weeks on end. 

Spent Friday and Saturday night sleeping on the floor in my mates Halls in Manchester. Friend went home early when we went out on the Saturday and his flatmates bumped me off so I spent 40 minutes walking back and running from a couple of large gentleman who offered some dubious substances to go to an after-party in the Gay Village.

My mate is coming to sheff for my birthday this weekend oh man it's gonna be messy.

Spent Friday and Saturday night sleeping on the floor in my mates Halls in Manchester. Friend went home early when we went out on the Saturday and his flatmates bumped me off so I spent 40 minutes walking back and running from a couple of large gentleman who offered some dubious substances to go to an after-party in the Gay Village.

Good times. I don't even miss Uni I just miss halls. Can't believe it was three years ago now. Where's your mate staying?

My first year, me and one of my flatmates got kicked out of a nightclub and basically didn't know where we were (still one of the first weeks). Took us about 4 hours to walk back. Actually thinking about it now I dunno why we didn't get a taxi.

Edited by Fox92

Guest Col city fan

Not a good day with the left leg/ass thing.

Back with a bloody vengeance today and I'm dozed on painkillers. Off to the Docs in a few mins.

Not a good day with the left leg/ass thing.

Back with a bloody vengeance today and I'm dozed on painkillers. Off to the Docs in a few mins.

Got it stuck up there again, Col?

You really should get someone else to kick you up the arse next time.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

So i had a cyst removed from my left shoulder blade area last month. Doctor said it was a sebaceous cyst. Nothing to worry about he says they are usually non cancerous etc. After the procedure he told me it will be tested and he should have results a week later and if nothing big/serious (ie cancer ) he wont call me. Consider it a non issue.

So i get a call yesterday (some 4 plus week later) saying doctor wants to see me to discuss the results and that its not urgent. The appointment is set next thursday (fook me the wait!). Im freaking out since that call. Im worried its bad news. He said he would only call me in if something comes back in test results so naturally through logic i have deduced im in trouble. Cant help thinking the worst because my mum dealt with and passed away from cancer.

Trying not to worry but i see my kids faces and i get concerned. Need to smoke a joint lol.

So i had a cyst removed from my left shoulder blade area last month. Doctor said it was a sebaceous cyst. Nothing to worry about he says they are usually non cancerous etc. After the procedure he told me it will be tested and he should have results a week later and if nothing big/serious (ie cancer ) he wont call me. Consider it a non issue.

So i get a call yesterday (some 4 plus week later) saying doctor wants to see me to discuss the results and that its not urgent. The appointment is set next thursday (fook me the wait!). Im freaking out since that call. Im worried its bad news. He said he would only call me in if something comes back in test results so naturally through logic i have deduced im in trouble. Cant help thinking the worst because my mum dealt with and passed away from cancer.

Trying not to worry but i see my kids faces and i get concerned. Need to smoke a joint lol.

Interestingly enough I've just gotten back from a follow up appointment after having a sebaceous removed from my face (as well as some moles).

I was a bit concerned about having an appointment afterwards but they didn't mention anything about one, fortunately everything's fine.

:blink:

I have to say Alf, on the back of some rather bizarre posts of yours, that's one of the strangest yet?

Was referring to your left leg, in case of doubt. Ignore me, though, I sometimes go a bit bonkers sat alone in front of this screen all day.

To be serious briefly, when I broke my arm about 5 years ago I ended up with a weird, sore left leg, too.

Because of the arm, I had to sleep sitting up for a few weeks, did something to a nerve in my hip and ended with a sort of dead leg / semi-permanent pins & needles in my left thigh....went away eventually.

Hope that's a bit less bizarre for you! :thumbup:  

There's still much room for improvement but successive birdies and a round of 78 gross makes a welcome change and I'm feeling like a youngster again! :D   

Great shooting mate! Anytime I break 80 is a cause for celebration  :D

Successive birdies is good going  :thumbup:

Just had a sort of cottage pie. Put some veg in a slow cooker on low. Went out. When I came back did some mashed potatoes and added them to mince rge veg. Sprinkled with cheese and browned in oven. Served with a toasted roll.

I'd pay compliments to the chef if it wasn't me.