Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Why would I lie?

some people do!Know what you mean,really nice to get offered a promotion but you have to weigh up pressure,confidence in The role etc.Youre obviously doing a good job and enjoy it and in a relatively short time that hasn't gone unnoticed which is a good thing,but you may have that feeling of not wanting to risk that enjoyment just yet.plenty of time and sounds like it won't be the last time you get offered a promotion if they are pushing it already.

Although Tincy could be 100% right and your full of shite!

• Like 1

some people do!Know what you mean,really nice to get offered a promotion but you have to weigh up pressure,confidence in The role etc.Youre obviously doing a good job and enjoy it and in a relatively short time that hasn't gone unnoticed which is a good thing,but you may have that feeling of not wanting to risk that enjoyment just yet.plenty of time and sounds like it won't be the last time you get offered a promotion if they are pushing it already.

Although Tincy could be 100% right and your full of shite!

I'm a sales estimator, the job I got offered was a bdm so on the road full time. Yes a lot more money but I love my job and the money will come. Would rather love going in to work than hate it even if it meant more cash.

Full of shite? I'm the most serious guy after @@Col city fan on the forum imo.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

OK. Went mad and bought a lamentor. Going to laminate some of my poems and put some on display at the project I volunteer for at the West End centre. Will also have a note to say they are taken from books available to buy so it is also publicity. Only need to sell a dozen or so  outside of that to get my money back. The Centre has a machine but was out of pouches but I thought it would be unfair ask them to bear the cost of laminating.

At the centre I came away with a couple tins of soup a tin of curried chicken gravy mix and some nettle tea for a couple of quid and a bit of work. Has anyone had nettle tea? Apparently you put hot water in a glass then leave it to soak for a few minutes before taking the tea bags out. Jst going to try some during half time of football.

I have  also avoided posting in the politic thread by reacting  to posts. Although Alf has done a good job with his posts.

• Like 1

I'm a sales estimator, the job I got offered was a bdm so on the road full time. Yes a lot more money but I love my job and the money will come. Would rather love going in to work than hate it even if it meant more cash.

Being on the road is tough (not that I do it, I just know a lot of people that are), not only do you drive to meet your clients every day, you're up at ridiculous hours and often not back before 7. Then you come home and you've still got all your emails to answer, work doesn't stop once you're off the road. For 6k extra probably isn't worth the fuss, although if you don't have any family commitments (I think having read the tinder thread on numerous occasions I'm safe-ish to assume this) it might have been worth taking to get the extra pay for when you do.

Personally, I don't blame you for not taking it, I'm not sure it's for everyone and if you weren't convinced you've done right.

• Like 1

OK. Went mad and bought a lamentor. Going to laminate some of my poems and put some on display at the project I volunteer for at the West End centre. Will also have a note to say they are taken from books available to buy so it is also publicity. Only need to sell a dozen or so  outside of that to get my money back. The Centre has a machine but was out of pouches but I thought it would be unfair ask them to bear the cost of laminating.

At the centre I came away with a couple tins of soup a tin of curried chicken gravy mix and some nettle tea for a couple of quid and a bit of work. Has anyone had nettle tea? Apparently you put hot water in a glass then leave it to soak for a few minutes before taking the tea bags out. Jst going to try some during half time of football.

I have  also avoided posting in the politic thread by reacting  to posts. Although Alf has done a good job with his posts.

I hope it doesn't give you too much grief.

• Like 1

luckily I don't get paid too badly but I love my job too.Probably had my most hectic week yet regarding getting enquiries,the MD was pulling his hair out with the work I was dumping on him,although he has just bought a share in another plane which will soften the blow. theoretically that share is mine!

Being on the road is tough (not that I do it, I just know a lot of people that are), not only do you drive to meet your clients every day, you're up at ridiculous hours and often not back before 7. Then you come home and you've still got all your emails to answer, work doesn't stop once you're off the road. For 6k extra probably isn't worth the fuss, although if you don't have any family commitments (I think having read the tinder thread on numerous occasions I'm safe-ish to assume this) it might have been worth taking to get the extra pay for when you do.

Personally, I don't blame you for not taking it, I'm not sure it's for everyone and if you weren't convinced you've done right.

Think I'm the exception,don't leave early,the office is the next village and the boss answers my e mails and does my quotes for me.

The lamentor.

Sounds like a miserable purchase.

I see. Damn auto spell. Laminator it should have been. Not bad price from Argos. £20 plus £10 for 100 pouches. Although it included pouches and a trimmer. It is something I have been thinking about getting for a while but the amount of usage put me off. I have some things I can do. Certificates etc and it will keep them in good order..