Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

some guy tried strangling me in a club in newcastle because i sat at his 'VIP' table. 5 randomers then came and pushed him off me, a bouncer got him in a headlock and then kicked him out. Interesting night.

did you get to keep the table 

Stunning.

Went bed last night at 10pm on a boat and realised the football was on in the UK.

Couldn't get a fecking signal as I was in a fecking bay north of Vietnam.

Struggled to sleep thinking "what's the score going to be?"

Got up at 05:00am this morning (10pm UK) to find out the score. Been absolutely buzzing all day today. Ecstatic in fact.

Got back to Hanoi at 6pm and had a big cigar and lots of beer. I'm wide awake now (02:02)

Brilliant day. I'm going to give away two of my City shirts tomorrow to some Vietnamese kids.

Had to take the little one to hospital and found out she has a possible upper chest infection )she is only four weeks old). Felt utter useless as there is not much you can do when she is screaming for hours on end from 11pm to 2am.

Not much the doc can do either as she is so young. Fast asleep now and hopefully she'll have a better night.

The misses has gone to see welled as she deserves a night off so fingers crossed

Took my six year old boy football training this afternoon. We live down sarrf so all the other kids were wearing Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal kits etc. My lad turns up last and walks towards them in his City kit. All the coaches and kids break out into a spontaneous round of applause and hero worship him cos we're top of the league. One of my proudest moments as a Leicester fan.

That's brilliant.

• Like 1

Stunning.

Went bed last night at 10pm on a boat and realised the football was on in the UK.

Couldn't get a fecking signal as I was in a fecking bay north of Vietnam.

Struggled to sleep thinking "what's the score going to be?"

Got up at 05:00am this morning (10pm UK) to find out the score. Been absolutely buzzing all day today. Ecstatic in fact.

Got back to Hanoi at 6pm and had a big cigar and lots of beer. I'm wide awake now (02:02)

Brilliant day. I'm going to give away two of my City shirts tomorrow to some Vietnamese kids.

Not great.

Daughter had a complete mental meltdown, attacked me, assaulting me with punches to my head during 45 mins of yelling abuse and insult,s then cut her arm twice with a kitchen knife.

Trip to A&E, stitches and a referral to the "crisis" team.

I expect nothing from them as we're still waiting to hear from them following her serious overdose 5 weeks ago.

Mental health treatment in an emergency is a joke.

God thats awful, hope your daughter can start on some sort of recovery soon Parafox. Don't forget there are measures for your mental wellbeing in all this as well.

Cheers mate, Our GP is pretty good and we have Wellbeing measures if we need to access them.

Not great.

Daughter had a complete mental meltdown, attacked me, assaulting me with punches to my head during 45 mins of yelling abuse and insult,s then cut her arm twice with a kitchen knife.

Trip to A&E, stitches and a referral to the "crisis" team.

I expect nothing from them as we're still waiting to hear from them following her serious overdose 5 weeks ago.

Mental health treatment in an emergency is a joke.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you can make some progress and she gets the help she needs.

Guest CityFan 06

Hope its not Man Flu buddy, else you're fooked. Get well soon..

Cheers mate managed to get through the afternoon. It was almost like one moment I felt ok, than 5 mins later I didn't and that seems to be the story at the moment. I haven't felt great for a couple of days now but just gotta keep going I suppose.

Cheers mate managed to get through the afternoon. It was almost like one moment I felt ok, than 5 mins later I didn't and that seems to be the story at the moment. I haven't felt great for a couple of days now but just gotta keep going I suppose.

Or go and see your GP maybe?

Crashed my motorcycle earlier, landed on my kneecap which now contains a lump so bloody it resembles a baby's head as it's being squeezed from the woman-temple. Pain's ridiculous and I have a feeling this lump may well be a misplaced bone. May have to top off my Monday with a trip to A&E.

Well I've been dismissed at work. lol  Don't worry though, I've got almost half a year's pay coming my way so I have plenty of spare time to contest the flimsy reasons they gave to get me out the door.

It all started when I was looking through the many files named scan[insert number here] in my scans folder to find an old document I hadn't bothered renaming all that time ago when I scanned it into the system.  As it happens, one of the files I clicked on during my hunt turned out to be one of my colleague's contracts (you'll have to ask the HR lady why it was still in there instead of in her own folder on the system).  Thinking the hourly rate looked far too low I mentioned it quietly to his girlfriend who also works there (he wasn't in that day).  Apparently when I carefully explained what had happened and then told her she and he may want to look into it, she decided to go straight to the bosses who are now making out I've somehow done something wrong here.  Really?  You find out your other half's being mistreated at work and you think the best course of action is to ingratiate yourself with the corrupt motherlovers responsible by giving them an extremely tenuous reason to fire the person showing solidarity with you?  Poor guy, she isn't even attractive. 

The best bit of it all is they clearly don't care how sloppy the whole "he saw a file which had been incompetently left in a folder he uses daily, then mentioned his concerns over its legality to an appropriate party" thing is because they followed it up with 3 equally spurious reasons for dismissal:

-Seeing this document during working hours (I shit you not).

-Having a poor attitude towards my superiors.  Interestingly I've not been warned about that once.  My poor attitude consists of things like requesting that they tell me in person about changes to procedure for my role instead of leaving a general note about it in the breakroom and hoping myself and the one other person it actually affects happen to see it before this new information becomes pertinent to our daily work.  I certainly didn't.

-Last but not least, apparently they had issues with my timekeeping.  Again, I've not received a single written or even verbal warning to suggest they had an issue.

I reckon they're hoping I'll take the compensation quietly and not make a fuss which is astounding since they know I'm signed up to a union.  If the lawyer I'm in contact with through them agrees with my prognosis that they're a bunch of incompetent jebends then you can bet I'll make them sweat. I guess he may yet turn around and say "actually they have you bang to rights" in which case I'll be very surprised but at least I'll hold my hands up and say fair enough.

But I digress, what's important here is I won't have to work in that hole over Christmas and now I realistically have until Spring to find a new job where the bosses aren't entirely amoral jerks.

Take the money and run.  Disclosing the salary details of an employee to another employee is clearly Gross Misconduct, and they could have dismissed you without notice of settlement agreement.