Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I got breathalysed at 7.15am supposedly because of a dimmed headlight bulb on my car that had already been booked in for repair.

I was an obvious target. White man with wife, driving to work! It must be that unusual now. :D

It's a wonder they didn't mount a road block.

What the hell a headlight bulb had to do with a breath test I don't know.

Bet he wouldn't have stopped two blacks and risked sparking an incident.

Meanwhile real crime continues unabatted.

I got breathalysed for cutting someone up on a roundabout in the New Forest a few weeks ago. I got the impression the policewoman was just bored. She was also Polish so naturally I blamed our lax immigration laws. The Poles enforcing British law! Whatever next?

I got breathalysed at 7.15am supposedly because of a dimmed headlight bulb on my car that had already been booked in for repair.

I was an obvious target. White man with wife, driving to work! It must be that unusual now. :D

It's a wonder they didn't mount a road block.

What the hell a headlight bulb had to do with a breath test I don't know.

Bet he wouldn't have stopped two blacks and risked sparking an incident.

Meanwhile real crime continues unabatted.

I don't quite see what the problem is. I got stopped the other evening for having a headlight bulb out. I got breathalysed - as is completely standard practise, particularly at this time of year. The two traffic cops that stopped me were pleasant and courteous - simply doing their job. At no point did I consider myself to be a 'target'. :dunno:

Edited by anotherofwalshieswomen

I don't quite see what the problem is. I got stopped the other evening for having a headlight bulb out. I got breathalysed - as is completely standard practise, particularly at this time of year. The two traffic cops that stopped me were pleasant and courteous - simply doing their job. At no point did I consider myself to be a 'target'. :dunno:

a) I start work at a certain time and don't like to be 15 minutes late.

b) I told the police officer the fault was booked in for repair and dislike being disbelieved for no good reason.

c) I don't know how much police officers are paid but I'm quite sure their time could be spend dealing with more important things than a dimmed headlight.

d) Because something is standard practise doesn't make it right as history has demonstrated time and agin. I started my day in perfectly good spirits and ended up feeling victimised. Yes, in a studiously civilised way. But victimised nevertheless and for no good reason.

And, from what you say they are doing their bit to make other people's festive period a misery too. Nothing like goodwill is there...?

Edited by Thracian

I started my day in perfectly good spirits and ended up feeling victimised.

Bloody hell! Lighten up Thracian. When I got breathalysed I found the whole incident quite amusing. Don't let those nasty police get the better of you. You'd do yourself a favour if you were able to not take everything quite so personally.

Not bad at all, I had a dominos pizza for just £6. Gotta love that.

Theres a Dominos down the road that advertise Large Pizza for $4 (1.70 pound) during the the day and $5 (2 pound) after 5pm, Mind you it cos Dominos is shite

So Mr Stapelford i think you got ripped off.

Cold and isolated. It's quite clear that market traders have nothing like the same enthusiam post Christmas than they have in the pre-Christmas rush!

Half the stalls must have been empty thus increasing the draughts on what was a freezing cold day anyway.

I reckon the jobless should be given a spell of market trading outside in the middle of winter. Whatever the weather the rent has to be paid and it's no sales no wages. They'd never complain about anything they were offered after that! :D

Eight hours of constant standing on ice-cold concrete and barely 20 potential customers making enquiries in all that time. We were the only ones selling our sort of stuff and the irony was that those few enquirers seemed to sympathise and bought something, I feel sure, just for the sake of being supportive.

Tonight, I shall drink a toast to each and every one of them.. :thumbup:

It won't get me pissed but it might get me halfway. :cheers:

Mixed.

Had a nice spending session in town.

Brought Converse, jeans, hat, t-shirt & FIFA 09.

However, FIFA, which I brought brand new from Gamestation is scratched up to **** & XBOX can't read the disc, therefore it will be taken back tomorrow.

Mixed.

However, FIFA, which I brought brand new from Gamestation is scratched up to **** & XBOX can't read the disc, therefore it will be taken back tomorrow.

Now your a real man.

Welcome.

Mixed.

Well, guess that means I won't be speaking to you anymore.

Pretty sad day.

A fellow co-worker died on Tuesday after losing his long battle with liver and lung cancer. :( - It was announced today and the whole office was in a sad atmosphere. It was pretty flat.

He was such a great man - gave me great laughs over the years and always saw the funny side of life.

Pretty sad day.

A fellow co-worker died on Tuesday after losing his long battle with liver and lung cancer. :( - It was announced today and the whole office was in a sad atmosphere. It was pretty flat.

He was such a great man - gave me great laughs over the years and always saw the funny side of life.

Ah that's sad mate, sorry to hear that.