Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

My 12 year old lad.He is no angel,loves to p!ss about but his heart is in the right place.

His best mates brother has Downs and 2 lads in the year above keep taking the p!ss about his brother,now I can understand he can take so much and he had a run in.One of the other lads is 13 and 15st and got my lads mate in a headlock and smashed his head causing concussion .The other one punched my lad,however he retaliated and hit the lad in the face 4 times.The worse thing is some year 11s saw my lads mate in trouble and waded in.3 suspended .my lad was told to apologise but refused as he said they were having a go at his mates brother with Downs,luckily he has got a weeks worth of after school detention.

This is the 4th scrap he has had sticking up for his mates( undefeated ) finding it hard to know if that's a good thing or not as every one is the local bully boys pushing their weight about.

My 15 year old daughter( don't go there) said his group of about 10 all stick up for each other if there are problems.

I would be the first to say if he was a problem,but I have this sense that what he does is quite a good thing.Would prefer the non violence and I would go mad if he ever started it,however teachers have said in all occasions that he wasn't starting it and protecting a friend,although he shouldn't .

I think the fact you highlighted 'undefeated' says it all really.

#prouddad

• Like 1

I have a boy the same age, he has got into a couple of scuffles. My lad is quite small and wears a turban so he used to get picked on quite abit. He started MMA, and doing Sikh Martial arts, which has had a real positive effect, he is far calmer and would never fight, unless he was attacked, he is far more thick skinned and ignores taunts, and he actually says the taunts have gone down considerably, infact he just ignores them

ive told him to ignore it,but he said he wouldn't see a mate in trouble.

ive told him to ignore it,but he said he wouldn't see a mate in trouble.

Get him into martial arts or boxing, the philosophy is always about not having to use violence. He may actually turn out to be really usefulnat physical contact sports. My boy looks nothing, you see him in tournaments, he is like a little tiger

• Like 1

My 12 year old lad.He is no angel,loves to p!ss about but his heart is in the right place.

His best mates brother has Downs and 2 lads in the year above keep taking the p!ss about his brother,now I can understand he can take so much and he had a run in.One of the other lads is 13 and 15st and got my lads mate in a headlock and smashed his head causing concussion .The other one punched my lad,however he retaliated and hit the lad in the face 4 times.The worse thing is some year 11s saw my lads mate in trouble and waded in.3 suspended .my lad was told to apologise but refused as he said they were having a go at his mates brother with Downs,luckily he has got a weeks worth of after school detention.

This is the 4th scrap he has had sticking up for his mates( undefeated ) finding it hard to know if that's a good thing or not as every one is the local bully boys pushing their weight about.

My 15 year old daughter( don't go there) said his group of about 10 all stick up for each other if there are problems.

I would be the first to say if he was a problem,but I have this sense that what he does is quite a good thing.Would prefer the non violence and I would go mad if he ever started it,however teachers have said in all occasions that he wasn't starting it and protecting a friend,although he shouldn't .

What punishments are happening to the bullies ? 

Fair play to your son and the other lads that helped , they should not have been suspended.

Happens a lot where the bullies are ones that don't suffer even when it comes to punishments.x

Edited by lianne81

It's very rare that violence is the correct answer and even rarer that it's the only answer. Then again kids who want trouble do generally find it. I'd be concerned by regular fighting. Once or twice, OK, it happens, but every few weeks? It's a bit too much to ignore.

What punishments are happening to the bullies ? 

Fair play to your son and the other lads that helped , they should not have been suspended.

Happens a lot where the bullies are ones that don't suffer even when it comes to punishments.x

oFound out last night that the two lads who started it have been suspended and my lad and his mate after school detentions,so I think the right outcome has been reached.Apparently they had a pop at some other kids the next day
  • Like 1

Ah bullies.  My daughter (year 2) is upset because a couple of girls in her class are laughing at her wearing her welly boots at lunchtime, which was standard at her old school, and she wants to keep doing - it is pretty muddy.  Is it wrong I want to tell her to get as muddy as possible and tread on their shoes?  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Get him into martial arts or boxing, the philosophy is always about not having to use violence. He may actually turn out to be really usefulnat physical contact sports. My boy looks nothing, you see him in tournaments, he is like a little tiger

Can vouch for this. I'm scrawny as fvck, and look like I could be snapped like a twig, but I've been a martial artist for almost 14 years and if anyone tried anything I could more than handle it.

Preaching non-violence is always top priority, though. Everything is taught with either self-defense, non-contact or competitions in mind.

Even in weapons training, the number 1 thing taught is ALWAYS to run.

Well yesterday was the raffle fundraiser for my son and what a huge success it was. Some great prizes were won and lots of money raised from selling raffle tickets. Also people donated to the pot aswel just out of generousity. My son now has enough money to have weekly private physio sessions for 5 months. We will alternate each week between paying for physio out of the donations and our own pocket so now he will have it for 10 months on a weekly basis. To see a community come together to all help my boy really brought a tear to my eye.

I really feel that the day i can have a kick about in the back garden with him will come sooner rather than later.

Good news! 

Well yesterday was the raffle fundraiser for my son and what a huge success it was. Some great prizes were won and lots of money raised from selling raffle tickets. Also people donated to the pot aswel just out of generousity. My son now has enough money to have weekly private physio sessions for 5 months. We will alternate each week between paying for physio out of the donations and our own pocket so now he will have it for 10 months on a weekly basis. To see a community come together to all help my boy really brought a tear to my eye.

I really feel that the day i can have a kick about in the back garden with him will come sooner rather than later.

Fantastic KingCarr, great effort from you all.