Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

When they thought i had that they suggested a warm bath , not too hot mind. But they said it should relax things enough to help. x

Thanks, Lianne, I'll try that.

I'm just cooking some garlic and onion soup - they are both strong anti-inflammatories.

• Like 1

I've got a trapped sciatic nerve.

Agony.

what does that feel like? I got a sharp pain in my lower back last week and felt like I couldn't move for about an hour. Was just lying down trying not to make any sudden or sharp movements for fear of more pain. 

How did yours happen?

what does that feel like? I got a sharp pain in my lower back last week and felt like I couldn't move for about an hour. Was just lying down trying not to make any sudden or sharp movements for fear of more pain. 

How did yours happen?

It differs from person to person , it could have been you got a chill in your back during the night. If keeps happening visit your GP hun . x 

How did yours happen?

Just get to the GP's pal, I slipped a disc a few years back and it became hell. Literally couldn't move by the worse points, if I needed a piss in the night/morning I had to do it in a jug by my bed, that bad. Not worth risking it, the sooner you get back stuff looked at the better.

Guest Col city fan

I've got a trapped sciatic nerve.

Agony.

Same here mate. I got long standing issues with a dodgy disc affecting my left leg. Recently though, I have a trapped nerve in my upper left back, going into my left shoulder. It's Fookin painful and I'm taking painkillers all the bloody time. And if I walk anywhere my left arm goes numb!

My back is basically fooked really and I'm waiting again to go back to Orthopaedics at the LGH.

Being in constant bloody pain really gets you down. However, I've kept going and not, as of yet, had any time off work even though plenty are saying I should.

Just get to the GP's pal, I slipped a disc a few years back and it became hell. Literally couldn't move by the worse points, if I needed a piss in the night/morning I had to do it in a jug by my bed, that bad. Not worth risking it, the sooner you get back stuff looked at the better.

Great advice Haydos..hope you're ok mate btw.

I was supposed to pick my daughters up from the airport this morning at 9 but their flight has been delayed because of the weather. I don't know what time they'll take off. I've also got to finish painting the living room. I just wish I knew what was going off.

Sciatic injuries are agony. All I can recommend is painkillers and booze, nothing else seemed to work for me. Was barely able to walk upright for weeks. Still worried it'll recur, put on so much weight while I was injured because I couldn't exercise properly.

How did yours happen?

I've got a sharp stabbing pain in my left buttock, and shooting pains all down my left leg. Sometimes I get tingling in my left foot.

Ridiculous as it sounds, I did it sneezing.

Same here mate. I got long standing issues with a dodgy disc affecting my left leg. Recently though, I have a trapped nerve in my upper left back, going into my left shoulder. It's Fookin painful and I'm taking painkillers all the bloody time. And if I walk anywhere my left arm goes numb!

My back is basically fooked really and I'm waiting again to go back to Orthopaedics at the LGH.

Being in constant bloody pain really gets you down. However, I've kept going and not, as of yet, had any time off work even though plenty are saying I should.

What painkillers are you taking, Col? Nothing seems to touch mine.

I've got a sharp stabbing pain in my left buttock, and shooting pains all down my left leg. Sometimes I get tingling in my left foot.

All I'll say is do your best to keep yourself as limber as you can. My injury was in exactly the same (except the arse). Staying in any position for too long will make you more uncomfortable.

All I'll say is do your best to keep yourself as limber as you can. My injury was in exactly the same (except the arse). Staying in any position for too long will make you more uncomfortable.

Yeah, you're right - the only thing that eases it is walking; trouble is, I work sitting down.

Yeah, you're right - the only thing that eases it is walking; trouble is, I work sitting down.

Same with me, just get up every 10/15 minutes and have a good stretch. Seems to help to some extent. Biggest problem is the morning when you've been asleep overnight.

Guest Col city fan

What painkillers are you taking, Col? Nothing seems to touch mine.

I do take Tramadol mate, and have taken it for so long that it no longer makes me feel zonked out.

The best thing for me (believe it or not) is a concoction of Diclofenac (on prescription) and effervescent Solpadeine. Get the strongest strength one. It's expensive, but brilliant stuff. And make sure it's the effervescent one...as it hits the spot more quickly. Careful though..it's very addictive stuff.

I genuinely feel your pain mate...it's no bloody fun. For instance, all my mates are off on the piss to London today. I'm not going because literally when I walk, my left arm is killing me. Very very fooked off. It wouldn't be fair on them for me to be complaining about being in pain all day. So...my pain IS affecting my lifestyle. If I was ok, I'd have gone with them.

Edited by Col city fan

Sciatic injuries are agony. All I can recommend is painkillers and booze, nothing else seemed to work for me. Was barely able to walk upright for weeks. Still worried it'll recur, put on so much weight while I was injured because I couldn't exercise properly.

I'm planning on doing one of those today this evening (booze). Painkillers can come tomorrow for the hangover too.

Going German Market today in Birmingham. Great fun last year should be the same this year.

Sneezing still kills me, I have to lift my knee up to avoid a shooting pain these days, not too bad though.

Yeah not too bad at the moment mate, in an office job so sitting down all day's not great, I'm on the phone most of the time so I end up walking round at my desk if I'm having a long conversation with someone. Could (and has) been a lot worse though.

I was supposed to pick my daughters up from the airport this morning at 9 but their flight has been delayed because of the weather. I don't know what time they'll take off. I've also got to finish painting the living room. I just wish I knew what was going off.

Flight cancelled. they've got to rebook a flight for tomorrow now. Don't know where they're going to sleep tonight.