Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

German market in Birmingham lived up to expectations. hangover was strong this morning. 

if you're in Birmingham, don't ever go to Tiger Bills (next to Nandos and Cineworld). Disaster from start to finish. Took half an hour for drinks to be ordered. 2 hours for mains to be served. Food was cold. Customer service was terrible and staff as a whole seemed disinterested and disorganised. 3 other sets of customers complained in the time we were there lol

Had an electricity cut earlier. Whole street  lost it. Luckily it was not long.

Final of the Kings Head poker league tonight. Reckon  there will be 12-16 players turn up. I am 4th or 5th in chips so not too bad.

Rules were changed from last season. We used to get points just for turning up for each game but it was felt that the ones who played both the early and late games (mainly me) had an unfair advantage. Points are now awarded for position and only the ten best finishes counted which are then converted to chips. I think the leader has 90 points and I am in the 70's so will be 7 or 8k on top of the set amount.which I am not sure awhat it will be prob around 10k. I will be about 5k behind the chip leader but it wont matter at 25/50 blinds.

Last night the power stayed on all night. It has been going off at midnight and coming back on at 08:30 since we got here. I slept so well.

I've also had a sore throat since I was sick last week. I might have to go to the Dr at some point this week. :(

They gave me some diclofenec last week, I had never heard of it, and I seem someone mentioned it here. It's good stuff, especially with a strong gin and tonic. Nice buzz.

been doing a massive economics essay about the banking industry and now have just been given the news i have a spanish speaking exam tomorrow that my lecturer didn't tell me about even though i emailed her asking if i missed anything cos i've been ill . **** off man.

Last night the power stayed on all night. It has been going off at midnight and coming back on at 08:30 since we got here. I slept so well.

I've also had a sore throat since I was sick last week. I might have to go to the Dr at some point this week. :(

They gave me some diclofenec last week, I had never heard of it, and I seem someone mentioned it here. It's good stuff, especially with a strong gin and tonic. Nice buzz.

I'm available for you all week

Been an entertaining day at work - gypsies set up camp over weekend, and a mechanic turned up about lunch time and took their caravan - not for any genuine reason, he just wanted the caravan.

Shouldn't laugh because it is someone's home but I think the gypsies were still inside it at the time.

Been an entertaining day at work - gypsies set up camp over weekend, and a mechanic turned up about lunch time and took their caravan - not for any genuine reason, he just wanted the caravan.

Shouldn't laugh because it is someone's home but I think the gypsies were still inside it at the time.

hahahhahaha no way

been doing a massive economics essay about the banking industry and now have just been given the news i have a spanish speaking exam tomorrow that my lecturer didn't tell me about even though i emailed her asking if i missed anything cos i've been ill . **** off man.

I presume unis still have them but when I had to miss an exam (due to a family bereavement) I had to fill out a mitigating circumstances form. Could you fill out one of those as long as you have proof of your illness? 

Tuesdays are wank. Monday you've still got weekend freshness. Wednesday you can start looking forward to the weekend again. Tuesdays are a cocoon of undiluted misery. Even worse for me because I have to be in for a 9am meeting where I've actually got to contribute meaningfully to the discussion and Lord knows I can't be bothered with that I mean jesus.

in a 9-5 monday friday job tuesday mornings are the worst time i agree. monday you can still chat about an think about the day or two before and it seems ok like yeah i can handle this then bam tuesday, the last weekend seems a few years ago and there is four whole days of work before you next get to do anything apart from work. KILLAH. 

Tuesday is my most productive day, I usually smash loads of job in on Tuesday's. I work away quite a bit at the minute, so Monday's and Friday's are dragged by all the travelling checking in and out of hotels. If I hit Tuesday hard it makes the rest of the week a breeze, love a good Tuesday.

• Like 1