Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Came third  in the final of the Kiings Head Poker League. My brother won it. No surprise really.He has won it 4 seasons running. In November he was in the  Caribbean curtesy of a ticket he had won for a tournament and has won various entries to tournaments including cruises.

Still I am happy with my £11 even if my brother eliminated me.

Came third in the final of the Kiings Head Poker League. My brother won it. No surprise really.He has won it 4 seasons running. In November he was in the Caribbean curtesy of a ticket he had won for a tournament and has won various entries to tournaments including cruises.

Congratulations Ken.

But more importantly what are your thoughts about Tuesday's?

Third day i have woke in agony because of my back. Even had 2 morphine yesterday morning and all that managed to do was make me high and have a pounding head lol,

But little ones play today so will have to go to that as i made her a promise and then college later.

Have a good day all x 

Got very little work done yesterday, so I've now got half of today (other half is lectures) to work on a 12min presentation I've got to give tomorrow morning, assessed as the first part of my dissertation. Ugh.

The presentation isn't too bad as I can fill it with loads of examples. It's the questions afterwards I'm dreading, as I don't have nearly as strong an understanding of the material as I'd like.

Doesn't help that my supervisor has (literally) been thousands of miles away since the beginning of term...

After the presentation I've only got another 4 lectures this week before christmas though, so that's something to look forward to at least :)

Guest Col city fan

Third day i have woke in agony because of my back. Even had 2 morphine yesterday morning and all that managed to do was make me high and have a pounding head lol,

But little ones play today so will have to go to that as i made her a promise and then college later.

Have a good day all x

Bless ya!

Ditto for me too. Woke up this am in all sorts of trouble. Tramadol and Diclofenac about sorted it to get ready for work.

Seeing someone Friday to try to get this fookin sorted.

Came third in the final of the Kiings Head Poker League. My brother won it. No surprise really.He has won it 4 seasons running. In November he was in the Caribbean curtesy of a ticket he had won for a tournament and has won various entries to tournaments including cruises.

Well done Kenneth!

It would be cool if you could put the days of the week on shuffle so you didn't know what day it was til you woke up.

that would suck! imagine going on the piss on friday night and waking up, hungover the next morning to find its monday

Bless ya!

Ditto for me too. Woke up this am in all sorts of trouble. Tramadol and Diclofenac about sorted it to get ready for work.

Seeing someone Friday to try to get this fookin sorted.

Well done Kenneth!

hope you get it sorted Hun , they won't do anything for me i was basically told take pills and wait to get worse.

With saying that I normally don't stop and don't have many days I am in this much agony xx

hope you get it sorted Hun , they won't do anything for me i was basically told take pills and wait to get worse.

With saying that I normally don't stop and don't have many days I am in this much agony xx

Why wouldn't they do anything? If it's causing you that much pain or lack of movement then you need to have a scan.

Tuesdays are the kind of days where I'd happily give up work and just live as a tramp. I'd walk down to the Mediterranean every autumn and back up in the spring so I didn't get too cold. Then I'd just hang around getting pissed and shouting obscenities at people. That's the life right there.

• Like 1

Tuesdays are shit.

This is not a humble brag. I am genuinely pissed off.

Our landlord has accused us on not maintaining the pool. It's absolutely spotless. He has complained that we repaired pump pipes after they broke. They used to have four joints, and they used just PVC cement, grass, and hose clips. A joint failed, so we asked them to fix it, they said no we had to do it (eh?!).

So I improved the system. There are now just two joins, and they use compression fittings, and silicone sealant at the seams.

He asked me, why did you use GLUE on the pipes. Glue. Really?

And he said the pool lights aren't working. They are.

I spend hours a week cleaning that ****er, and he says it is in poor condition. Twat.

I have had a scan sorry I meant they won't operate on me , and just take meds until I get worse x

Sorry to hear you and others are struggling Lianne. I suffered lower back pain for many years (due to doing heavy lifting wrong in my teens) and was on all sort of pain meds but nothing worked. I've had scans, seen chiropractors and all sorts - but no joy. Then about 3 years ago someone suggested I take up Pilates and I laughed but thought why not? So I went along with a load of old dears and I loved it. I now go at least once a week and have to say it's worked miracles for me. My back is strong and my core muscles are supporting it and I'm no longer in pain. I know Pilates is not everyone's cup of tea, but I'd highly recommend trying it if you haven't already x

P.S. if it's good enough for Ryan Giggs it's good enough for me!!!

• Like 1

I have had a scan sorry I meant they won't operate on me , and just take meds until I get worse x

I seeee, what have they diagnosed you with? It all got a bit lost in this thread and I can't remember what you said. I had a cortisone (steroid) injection in my back about 6 years ago to alleviate the swelling after I slipped a disc. It made it so much better in a matter of days, took all the pain away and now all I have is mild discomfort.