Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Doubt it.

i had 15 years in a job with pressure,loads of work and meetings about meetings,those last 5 years i detested.Now I get no pressure,don't get asked where or what I'm doing( 1 meeting in 12 years) the pays good and work with a good bunch and my customers become like friends,I know when ive got it good and appreciate it.
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear you and others are struggling Lianne. I suffered lower back pain for many years (due to doing heavy lifting wrong in my teens) and was on all sort of pain meds but nothing worked. I've had scans, seen chiropractors and all sorts - but no joy. Then about 3 years ago someone suggested I take up Pilates and I laughed but thought why not? So I went along with a load of old dears and I loved it. I now go at least once a week and have to say it's worked miracles for me. My back is strong and my core muscles are supporting it and I'm no longer in pain. I know Pilates is not everyone's cup of tea, but I'd highly recommend trying it if you haven't already x

P.S. if it's good enough for Ryan Giggs it's good enough for me!!!

Be honest! You're just hoping to emulate Wayne Rooney.

That guy at work who says random things. did it again today.

Him: so I heard Mahrez and Williams had a fight on saturday

Me: it wasn't really a fight, Williams followed him after the match to the team bus but didn't get in.

Him: Yeah but I heard they had a fight

Me: not really, it's just the media blowing everything out of proportion.

Him: oh okay

conversations with him are so :revenge:  :revenge:  :revenge:  

I seeee, what have they diagnosed you with? It all got a bit lost in this thread and I can't remember what you said. I had a cortisone (steroid) injection in my back about 6 years ago to alleviate the swelling after I slipped a disc. It made it so much better in a matter of days, took all the pain away and now all I have is mild discomfort.

I have 4 damaged disc , facet disease which is joints in back and spina bifida.  Because of the spina bifida if they operate there is a higher than normal chance of leaving me in wheelchair . so i just carry on best i can, at  least most of  time i can still move normally just have some off weeks but that's life. x

There's guy at work and I'm just trying make conversation yet he's always so dismissive. I know he likes football so I try and make an effort but he's not having any of it, dickhead.

Bit harsh, just might be autistic.

Got very little work done yesterday, so I've now got half of today (other half is lectures) to work on a 12min presentation I've got to give tomorrow morning, assessed as the first part of my dissertation. Ugh.

The presentation isn't too bad as I can fill it with loads of examples. It's the questions afterwards I'm dreading, as I don't have nearly as strong an understanding of the material as I'd like.

Doesn't help that my supervisor has (literally) been thousands of miles away since the beginning of term...

After the presentation I've only got another 4 lectures this week before christmas though, so that's something to look forward to at least :)

In typical student fashion, I've managed to get it done but now it's probably going to overrun significantly (meaning I'll lose marks, although less time for qs).

Guess I'll just havetotalkreallyquickly ;)

On a side note, some dick has just walked past me wearing a tshirt, short shorts, flip flops and a snapback. ITS FVCKING DECEMBER YOU T!T. For some stupid reason though, that seems to be the norm here in Lboro...

Edited by Xen

I think we should have Foxestalk whip-round, MC, to bring you home and rescue you from your miserable existence.

An expat tried to make Melton Mowbray Pork Pies the other day. It almost made me buy my own ticket to wash my mouth out with Walkers, red Leicester, Stilton and proper pork pie.

Please bring me home. It's hard here.

• Like 1

An expat tried to make Melton Mowbray Pork Pies the other day. It almost made me buy my own ticket to wash my mouth out with Walkers, red Leicester, Stilton and proper pork pie.

Please bring me home. It's hard here.

Just jump in my rubbish bin, I wheel it out every two weeks and it always comes back. It blew away at the weekend heading for the coast and must be with you by now.