Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Someone who can only be described as shameless has stolen the Christmas decorations from outside our house. It was a Disney clubhouse set, with mickey, Minnie and the gang. The kids absolutely love it and form someone to steal! Well I'm speechless, it is obvious for kids and the people who did this would have know the house has kids in it just from the decorations.

Utter speechless, don't care about the cost, just can't get my head around who would steal from children AT CHRISTMAS!

He's pulled a blinder today.

In the office all day. He's been in since 9am, sitting at the same desk. 

Then at 3pm, he goes 'this chair's too high'. 

So for 6 hours he's suffered but didn't say anything lol

Have to say you don't sound like a great colleague to have.  So far all you've described this guy doing is making an earnest attempt to foster a positive workplace relationship, he can hardly help that he evidently has little common ground with you but I reckon you can probably help being a cvnt to him lol

• Like 1

Have to say you don't sound like a great colleague to have.  So far all you've described this guy doing is making an earnest attempt to foster a positive workplace relationship, he can hardly help that he evidently has little common ground with you but I reckon you can probably help being a cvnt to him lol

nah we still have other conversations and decent ones at that. we help each other out at work where necessary as we're on the same team; it'd be counter-productive for me to be an outright cvnt to him and wouldn't be beneficial to me anyway lol. I don't have anything against him at all; just some conversations can be a bit awkward e.g. the chair thing. just seemed a bit weird! what does he want out of saying his chair is too high 6 hours after sitting in it lol

plus it's hard to relay exactly how conversations actually go with him on to here! 

nah we still have other conversations and decent ones at that. we help each other out at work where necessary as we're on the same team; it'd be counter-productive for me to be an outright cvnt to him and wouldn't be beneficial to me anyway lol. I don't have anything against him at all; just some conversations can be a bit awkward e.g. the chair thing. just seemed a bit weird! what does he want out of saying his chair is too high 6 hours after sitting in it lol

plus it's hard to relay exactly how conversations actually go with him on to here! 

Fair enough, the way you described it sounded like 2 guys sat in a quiet office for hours with you shutting down any attempt to cut the silence.  Seemed a bit mean.  :P

Fair enough, the way you described it sounded like 2 guys sat in a quiet office for hours with you shutting down any attempt to cut the silence.  Seemed a bit mean.  :P

haha nah i'm always up for conversation. i find it uncomfortable if there's eerie silence; but on the hand don't break the silence just for the sake of it :)

Some fool broke it our yard last night. Our dog attacked him, he then jumped in to the neighbours yard, climbed a tree and was shot by their armed security. They say the guy is still alive and at the police station.

Not slept much. Quite exhausted.

Thankful for my GSD. I think I'm going to get another.

• Like 3

Some fool broke it our yard last night. Our dog attacked him, he then jumped in to the neighbours yard, climbed a tree and was shot by their armed security. They say the guy is still alive and at the police station.

Glad you are ok , sod him if he is not that's what you get for breaking in.,

GSDs are great dogs for protecting their family and homes. x 

• Like 1

My God, MC, that must have been terrifying - I hope you're all ok.

My God, MC, that must have been terrifying - I hope you're all ok.

Scariest thing was not knowing how many were there. Seems to have been a lone guy, but I doubt it.

We are waiting for an electrician to come and sort out our security lights and electric fence. So feeling a bit vulnerable, especially if they can't do the work today.

I'm also checking out getting a third dog, which will stay outside with the GSD. Probably a boerboel. Our little dog is our last line of defence :)

Scariest thing was not knowing how many were there. Seems to have been a lone guy, but I doubt it.

We are waiting for an electrician to come and sort out our security lights and electric fence. So feeling a bit vulnerable, especially if they can't do the work today.

I'm also checking out getting a third dog, which will stay outside with the GSD. Probably a boerboel. Our little dog is our last line of defence :)

Bloody hell just googled a boerboel dog. You would feel safe from burglars, but would you trust it around your children.

They look dangerous dogs.

This week is going to be a battle between the desire to fall into a deep, comforting Christmas slowdown and the jarring, cold realisation that it's probably still a bit too early and that work does still need to be done.

Adding to the pain will be the fact that I slept until 10am this morning which means I'll be lucky to get to sleep before 1am tonight which will throw my sleep pattern out for the whole week. 9-5 problems.

Had my usual Sunday night existential crisis tonight. A low quality YouTube copy of Ray Mears' desert island survival was where I found myself at about 10pm. One day Ray. One day I'm going to give it all up and use your tips to survive on a tropical paradise island.

Sunday night, weekly grind starts in t minus 9 hours

This week is going to be a battle between the desire to fall into a deep, comforting Christmas slowdown and the jarring, cold realisation that it's probably still a bit too early and that work does still need to be done.

Adding to the pain will be the fact that I slept until 10am this morning which means I'll be lucky to get to sleep before 1am tonight which will throw my sleep pattern out for the whole week. 9-5 problems.

Had my usual Sunday night existential crisis tonight. A low quality YouTube copy of Ray Mears' desert island survival was where I found myself at about 10pm. One day Ray. One day I'm going to give it all up and use your tips to survive on a tropical paradise island.

Look on the bright side only 30 years to retirement.

Guest Col city fan

Busy week this week..no wind-down for me. In fact, one of the busiest for ages.

However, Friday is the last day till 4th Jan. Just gotta get through this one...