Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

And seeing as how you are interested, Santa came and gave all the kids a present ....    and I spent £15 on the raffle and won a box of biscuits ..........     and guess what I had donated as a prize to the raffle ... ?   :(

Sounds quite nice actually. I'm making a huge assumption here, but was it the biscuits?

A few years ago, around this time of year, I was with a few friends in Walcote and we ended up (briefly) at their Xmas charity fundraiser in the evening. Being slightly tipsy and confident, I thought I was on to a right steal, managing to buy a bottle of 'whisky' from the lovely lady doing the raffle for about £10, only to realise after I'd got it, that it was cooking cider. Needless to say, I felt a bit silly after that and every year, my friends make sure they remind me about it lol

Edited by Darkon84

Sounds quite nice actually. I'm making a huge assumption here, but was it the biscuits?

A few years ago, around this time of year, I was with a few friends in Walcote and we ended up (briefly) at their Xmas charity fundraiser in the evening. Being slightly tipsy and confident, I thought I was on to a right steal, managing to buy a bottle of 'whisky' from the lovely lady doing the raffle for about £10, only to realise after I'd got it, that it was cooking cider. Needless to say, I felt a bit silly after that and every year, my friends make sure they remind me about it lol

Us stupid south Leicester bumpkins !! ......     and yes it was the biscuits.     :thumbup:

Xmas dinner is a tough one, I want to really enjoy the slap up but I also want to keep room for numerous glasses of champagne afterwards.

This year I'll be more sober than usual as I'm in a corporate box at Liverpool on boxing day.

Just arrived back from work, about to cook dinner and watch the live coverage of Major Tim Peake becoming the first full UK citizen in space - that will be a small slice of history. To be honest it's a bit of a disgrace with respect to the UK establishments lack of ambition (or rather ambition in entirely the wrong areas) that it's not happened before now.

Just arrived back from work, about to cook dinner and watch the live coverage of Major Tim Peake becoming the first full UK citizen in space - that will be a small slice of history. To be honest it's a bit of a disgrace with respect to the UK establishments lack of ambition (or rather ambition in entirely the wrong areas) that it's not happened before now.

He seems alright but he's going to have to top Helen Sharman dropping the Olympic Torch at the World Student games to really win me over

Just got back from town having done some christmas shopping, some serious hilarity near the bus station.

Guy is waiting for his bus just shouting and screaming at anyone, completely off his tits and finally one of the staff comes over and tells him to calm down, he responds by knocking out the guys clipboard and calling him all sorts (drunk guy also has one of th ose LCFC Santa jackets on people were wearing last night to add to the amusement) he then swings a couple of punches at the staff member comically before staff member grabs him by the throat, bloke starts shouting "you can't do this I'm disabled" so he lets go and another staff member turns up to tell him to leave the bus station, he knocks this guys clipboard out as well and tries to kick him, other staff member is not as tolerant as the last one and immediately turns him round and puts him in an armbar and pushes him towards the exit, cue more "You can't do this to me I'm disabled" - he then rants on the outside for a few seconds before leaving, saying he's going to fetch a copper to arrest the staff members for bullying him.

How you get in this state at 11am in the morning?And Is "I'm disabled" the new go to line to defend any sort of behaviour? On a brighter note all the road workmen had Christmas jumpers and Santa hats on.

Just got back from town having done some christmas shopping, some serious hilarity near the bus station.

Guy is waiting for his bus just shouting and screaming at anyone, completely off his tits and finally one of the staff comes over and tells him to calm down, he responds by knocking out the guys clipboard and calling him all sorts (drunk guy also has one of th ose LCFC Santa jackets on people were wearing last night to add to the amusement) he then swings a couple of punches at the staff member comically before staff member grabs him by the throat, bloke starts shouting "you can't do this I'm disabled" so he lets go and another staff member turns up to tell him to leave the bus station, he knocks this guys clipboard out as well and tries to kick him, other staff member is not as tolerant as the last one and immediately turns him round and puts him in an armbar and pushes him towards the exit, cue more "You can't do this to me I'm disabled" - he then rants on the outside for a few seconds before leaving, saying he's going to fetch a copper to arrest the staff members for bullying him.

How you get in this state at 11am in the morning?And Is "I'm disabled" the new go to line to defend any sort of behaviour? On a brighter note all the road workmen had Christmas jumpers and Santa hats on.

I'm shocked to find you've ever been near a public transport facility!

My 18 year-old has just left for Nigeria with the England Beach Soccer squad to play in the Copa Lagos tournament v Lebanon, Nigeria and Ivory Coast.

They have an armed guard for all travel once they arrive. I'm really worried and can't wait for him to get home safely next Monday.

• Like 2

I'm shocked to find you've ever been near a public transport facility!

I'm in no financial position to afford taxis into town anymore for daytime shopping, although after today's entertainment I'm almose grateful.

My 18 year-old has just left for Nigeria with the England Beach Soccer squad to play in the Copa Lagos tournament v Lebanon, Nigeria and Ivory Coast.

They have an armed guard for all travel once they arrive. I'm really worried and can't wait for him to get home safely next Monday.

Have you got a family of superstars?wasnt your lad on someone's books fir football?
  • Like 1

Have you got a family of superstars?wasnt your lad on someone's books fir football?

Yes - same son.

He was with Portsmouth's development squad for a couple of years but he developed a problem with a couple of bones fusing together in his left foot which was aggravated by playing on hard ground. He's had to pack-up grass football but the sand is ideal for him.

He's going to Nigeria as 1st reserve as he's just got back from a broken big toe, a common injury in beach soccer, but is hoping to feature in at least one game.

If there's a stream, I'll put it on FT.

Yes - same son.

He was with Portsmouth's development squad for a couple of years but he developed a problem with a couple of bones fusing together in his left foot which was aggravated by playing on hard ground. He's had to pack-up grass football but the sand is ideal for him.

He's going to Nigeria as 1st reserve as he's just got back from a broken big toe, a common injury in beach soccer, but is hoping to feature in at least one game.

If there's a stream, I'll put it on FT.

Good luck to him!

My father in law worked in Nigeria for 4 years until a month ago with no problems, and he was in the Oil & gas industry.  As you say it is normal to have guards etc, and they will take care of the team I'm sure.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 1

They will be safe. I've worked in Nigeria a lot and it isn't that bad. Promise.
  • Like 1

sounds like ken imo

Stop saying your disabled.