Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I don't want to give you any advice, you know your situation better than me but that's life. 60% of the time I barely talk to the wife, 30% we get on great and 10% we hate each other. I wouldn't swap her for the world.

wow i am doing a peter pan an never growing up 

Is your girlfriend on maternity leave?

Got made redundant whilst she was pregnant. It's no reflection on her to be honest, like i said she is a loving, caring girl. I do love her but I just don't know if I can spend the rest of my life with someone I'm not in love with. I sound like a woman!

I don't want to give you any advice, you know your situation better than me but that's life. 60% of the time I barely talk to the wife, 30% we get on great and 10% we hate each other. I wouldn't swap her for the world.

I'm the same, sometimes me and the wife can two or three weeks without a face to face chat, if I'm not working she is. The less time we spend together the better we get on, when we do get time. Apart from tonight when I've been a right mard arse apparently.

Got made redundant whilst she was pregnant. It's no reflection on her to be honest, like i said she is a loving, caring girl. I do love her but I just don't know if I can spend the rest of my life with someone I'm not in love with. I sound like a woman!

You fall in and out of love with people, if you did love her you can again. It's not Hollywood, you can't expect your heart to skip a beat everytime you see her, forever. Have you even discussed things with her?

• Like 1

Without wanting to be indelicate. With you having a 6 month old baby, are you getting a bit? 

I know when we had our girls and I'd gone a while without  our relationship did suffer .

Edited by Webbo

You fall in and out of love with people, if you did love her you can again. It's not Hollywood, you can't expect your heart to skip a beat everytime you see her, forever. Have you even discussed things with her?

She knows I'm not happy but don't think she knows exactly how i feel. Think you lot are right though so I won't be too hasty. Couldn't imagine not seeing my daughter everyday

Without wanting to be indelicate. With you having a 6 month old baby, are you getting a bit?

I know when we had our girls and I'd gone a while without our relationship did suffer .

Not much and when we did it feels more like we're doing it to get it done rather than actually wanting too

She knows I'm not happy but don't think she knows exactly how i feel. Think you lot are right though so I won't be too hasty. Couldn't imagine not seeing my daughter everyday

Trust me, in the early years of my two kids being born, I lost my business, got evicted and I had to get a job in a warehouse. It wasn't much fun and we didn't get on very well for most of that time but we stuck at it. I got back on my feet, got a reasonable job, bought a house, set up a business together and we got married in the summer and we are closer now than ever before. Try being a bit more attentive and try planning to do more things as a family or just the two of you. It doesn't have to cost anything, just to share something to talk about. You do have something in common and always will have, she is six months old and you will share a roller coaster of emotions in your lifetime, today tomorrow are insignificant in comparison.

• Like 1

Even though  I said you need to have the same interests brother and his wife (married about 40 years) do not have all the same interests. She loves her soaps, he loves his poker. They do not mix the two. But they both enjoy dining out, chinese  and indian food and have the same views when they were raising the kids.They often are separated during the day night. She in  another room watching TV  he  in  his study with online poker. I have never known them to have a heated argument but they do have disagreements but are level headed to work it out. Not being in the position myself  I don't know if I am qualified to give advice although I can view the situation from a distance which is sometimes better. Like Webbo says with a 6 month child the magic  may have wavered. Sleepless nights and the child needing the full attention of your partner. Do you have anyone to babysit for a night or two so you can spend some time alone?

Trust me, in the early years of my two kids being born, I lost my business, got evicted and I had to get a job in a warehouse. It wasn't much fun and we didn't get on very well for most of that time but we stuck at it. I got back on my feet, got a reasonable job, bought a house, set up a business together and we got married in the summer and we are closer now than ever before. Try being a bit more attentive and try planning to do more things as a family or just the two of you. It doesn't have to cost anything, just to share something to talk about. You do have something in common and always will have, she is six months old and you will share a roller coaster of emotions in your lifetime, today tomorrow are insignificant in comparison.

Thanks mate, probably ddoesn't help that were temporarily living at her parents house

Thanks mate, probably ddoesn't help that were temporarily living at her parents house

I hear that.

My relationship with beer and Leicester City still thrills after all these years.

Can you get Everards in Bulgaria?

I got a "nearly" 3 year old and 9 months old at home and let me tell you relationships take a big step back sexually with young children around. You are both tired from being a parent plus stresses of everyday life. Stress will always be around but I'm finally starting to get more time with the wife again and things are coming back to where they were before kids.

Its no walk in the park but just keep at it be open and TALK to eachother. I cant say it will work out but you owe it to yourselves and your lovely little one to try harder.

If thoughts get a little OJ simpson like perhaps you should boogie before you get to that point.

No it won't help, you can't be yourself there no matter how welcome you feel. Chin up and look for the right solution pal, not the easy one and you will reap the rewards. :)

Edited by Strokes

Start again. Chat her up and ask her out on a date. Rediscover what attracted you to her. But first talk to her. Don't just drop the bombshell. She may think you have eyes for another then things could turn nasty.

This is just an outsiders POV who has never been married or in a long term relationship. I am a believer in that for any long term relationship to work it is not the physical side but whether you regard your partner as a best friend and you can have a laugh together as well as sharing the same interests.

Some wise words there.

Foxfanazer, introduce 'Date Night' into you're life where one day a week or even a couple of days a month you and you're partner go out together to spend time together as a couple.

I've been through the same situation. This worked for me.