Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Kopfkino

Received an interview invite for a Spring Week at Rothschild and feeling better about the exam tomorrow now so a decent day really

Guest CityFan 06

I've got tomorrow off which is great, but it's Wednesday I am worried about. I find the work very difficult at times and it's a long day (well, it feels like a long day). Nice people though. The hours are very good but I don't particularly enjoy it that's the thing. 

Edited by LeicsFox06

Spilt a full bottle of Oasis summer fruits into my work bag today. All the crap I have to carry around in the bag on London transport smells of strawberry now. Bag contained a laptop and tablet amongst other things that amazingly still work.

Guest Mee-9

Set myself a target of doing my 15,000 word history dissertation before I go to see Billy Connolly next Saturday (16th) in London.

Challenge accepted. Spent 5 hours in the library at uni today doing 1100 words. 

Tough going. 

Walked the dog and packed for skiing,probably won't do much after my accident last year,but it's a bit of a bonus deal as we are going with some friends who just happen to own a chalet in Switzerland.He had a knee op last week so we will probably just drink.

No snow!!!!!Had to travel 1hr 1/2 to get any.Dont piss yourselves too much.Chalet our friends own was something else.Jealous to death.

2 days back into work and already want another 2 weeks off. 

found out i went 4lb into the BMI of overweight over christmas so on diet and more exersize now for the foreseeable. money is still non existent too! never worked so hard to be this poor! 

Back at the Dr. this morning. Last night I had really bad stomach pains. They are checking my blood for malaria and parasites.

It is moments like this that I wish I lived back in the UK.

I am not usually sick, but over the last few months it feels like my body is starting to fall apart. 

Edited by Merging Cultures

Not loving the last few weeks. Oldest son had sickness bug over Christmas and on his 5th birthday yesterday he has somehow got an abscess in his mouth.

My youngest son had the same sickness bug over Christmas and now has Chicken Pox for the 2nd time in three months. I didn't even realise it was possible to get it twice.

Not slept properly for over a month and back in work this morning.

Not loving the last few weeks. Oldest son had sickness bug over Christmas and on his 5th birthday yesterday he has somehow got an abscess in his mouth.

My youngest son had the same sickness bug over Christmas and now has Chicken Pox for the 2nd time in three months. I didn't even realise it was possible to get it twice.

Not slept properly for over a month and back in work this morning.

you can get chicken pox twice if the first strain you get isn't as strong as the first strain. keep an eye on them though as it can cause health complications later in life and possibly shingles apparently. 

you can get chicken pox twice if the first strain you get isn't as strong as the first strain. keep an eye on them though as it can cause health complications later in life and possibly shingles apparently.

Yeah the first strain wasn't too bad. I've never had it myself so bracing myself for that to come along next. Apparently horrendous in adults.

Yeah the first strain wasn't too bad. I've never had it myself so bracing myself for that to come along next. Apparently horrendous in adults.

it can be. my ex had it 2 christmas' ago and passed it onto my daughter but it was a piss weak strain (ex got spots in her mouth and down her throat, daughter got a few spots and felt a bit sick that was it)

it hits adults like a ton of bricks. i remember my dad getting it when me and my sister had it as children and he was seeing things he was that bad. start getting any kind of cold/flu like symptoms or anything get to the doctors and sick noted. you will be out of action for a while! with the fact you are tired too i would say you are a ticking timebomb. 

it can be. my ex had it 2 christmas' ago and passed it onto my daughter but it was a piss weak strain (ex got spots in her mouth and down her throat, daughter got a few spots and felt a bit sick that was it)

it hits adults like a ton of bricks. i remember my dad getting it when me and my sister had it as children and he was seeing things he was that bad. start getting any kind of cold/flu like symptoms or anything get to the doctors and sick noted. you will be out of action for a while! with the fact you are tired too i would say you are a ticking timebomb.

No cold or flu symptoms although I had a lot of dizziness over the weekend. I put that down to the tiredness though.

Guest Col city fan

Keep fighting off a headcold that I know is lurking and waiting to pounce.

Vit C (1000mg) and raw garlic usually holds the sod at bay..and everything else too for that matter.

Set myself a target of doing my 15,000 word history dissertation before I go to see Billy Connolly next Saturday (16th) in London.

Challenge accepted. Spent 5 hours in the library at uni today doing 1100 words. 

Tough going. 

How can it be good quality if you just smash it out quickly rather than do bits over time?

Went to the doctors today after having 5 days of consistent illness involving coughing up blood with phlegm and when blowing my nose blood comes out too. Gotta go to the hospital to get an X-Ray on my chest to see if there's any infection. Also on antibiotics too. Great start to the year!

Back at the Dr. this morning. Last night I had really bad stomach pains. They are checking my blood for malaria and parasites.

It is moments like this that I wish I lived back in the UK.

I am not usually sick, but over the last few months it feels like my body is starting to fall apart.

Go to a proper Dr ie me, I will sort you out!!

Just  had some sad news. My sister called to say my step-dad passed away earlier today. She said he took ill and the doctor was called. My sister and mum  were on their way but got a call before they got there to say he had gone.

When I saw my sister at Christmas she said he was a lot weaker and was not eating. He had been suffering with dementia for the last few years and had lost his sight. He was in a nursing home. It  may not be the best thing to say but it will take a huge burden off my mum with all the worry and visits she had. My sister was saying that one moment he was saying how dark it was and asking what time  it was and had to be told that he had lost his sight. A short while later he asked the same thing.

One good thing I suppose was that he never suffered and went in his sleep.He was in his 80's and given his condition no great surprise. I expect my mum to be upset but OK if that makes sense. Life goes on