Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I had not seen him for at least 4/5 years so only remember him when he was a moaning git. He had not long lost his sight and was at the beginning of his dementia. I remember him more when he first met my mum. Full of energy and  moaning about things but he treated us as his own children. Hardly saw the kids from his first marriage.  He used to read the Leicester Mercury cover to cover and also the same with the Mail  occasionally stopping to moan about some story. He was one of the if it is in the Mail then it  must be true brigade. I never got to see the latest on the City before the following day.

So remembering the good times helps with the loss.

Thanks everyone. My mum would appreciate  the thoughts. I am sure they gave the best care they could at the home  but my sister was saying when he had food he would spit it out again so did not swallow and the staff would think he had finished and take the plate away. I am not putting any blame on them as I expect it to be a difficult job with difficult residents. I never visited him there so I can only relate what others have said. Apparently he may have had a couple of strokes in his sleep. 

Just seen yet another person from the same school year as me has been sent to prison. Bosworth College is like Gotham. 

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Premature-baby-suffered-broken-bones-brain-bleed/story-28472120-detail/story.html

Sick ****er's Facebook is golden at the minute. Full of threats. 

Disgusting and the fact he has only got 6 years and 8 months , good behaviour he be out in 4 years. Where is the justice xx 

Go to a proper Dr ie me, I will sort you out!!

Not letting you check me out. You'd probably take advantage.

Just had some sad news. My sister called to say my step-dad passed away earlier today. She said he took ill and the doctor was called. My sister and mum were on their way but got a call before they got there to say he had gone.

When I saw my sister at Christmas she said he was a lot weaker and was not eating. He had been suffering with dementia for the last few years and had lost his sight. He was in a nursing home. It may not be the best thing to say but it will take a huge burden off my mum with all the worry and visits she had. My sister was saying that one moment he was saying how dark it was and asking what time it was and had to be told that he had lost his sight. A short while later he asked the same thing.

One good thing I suppose was that he never suffered and went in his sleep.He was in his 80's and given his condition no great surprise. I expect my mum to be upset but OK if that makes sense. Life goes on

Sorry to hear that Ken. Condolences to the family.

Not letting you check me out. You'd probably take advantage.

He gave me a prostate exam once. I don't know how he managed it, he had a hand on each shoulder. :unsure:

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 2

Guest CityFan 06

Just  had some sad news. My sister called to say my step-dad passed away earlier today. She said he took ill and the doctor was called. My sister and mum  were on their way but got a call before they got there to say he had gone.

When I saw my sister at Christmas she said he was a lot weaker and was not eating. He had been suffering with dementia for the last few years and had lost his sight. He was in a nursing home. It  may not be the best thing to say but it will take a huge burden off my mum with all the worry and visits she had. My sister was saying that one moment he was saying how dark it was and asking what time  it was and had to be told that he had lost his sight. A short while later he asked the same thing.

One good thing I suppose was that he never suffered and went in his sleep.He was in his 80's and given his condition no great surprise. I expect my mum to be upset but OK if that makes sense. Life goes on 

Very sorry to hear about this. Condolences to you and your family. 

Had an E-mail yesterday from from iTunes with an invoice of £35.99 for automatic renewal of Netflix.

I've never had or registered for Netflix before. I've had a look online and it looks like it's a scam. Shall I phone apple or my bank letting them know?

Are you sure it's a real email from iTunes, or is it a scam one that has a big button that says "if you think this is incorrect click here" and by clicking it, because it's incorrect, you've fallen for the scam?

So... Last August I entered a script competition, to find the top 250 amateur scripts out there. I'd said all along that I'd be happy to have one of my scripts accepted, then one did; a 5 year old first draft (finished at quarter to 2011) I'd been meaning to re-draft for years, but decided to submit it on a whim in the hope it might get read by a professional script reader and reviewer.

To have been accepted in the first place was mind blowing. Then I said I'd be happy to come 249 out of 250...

Then this happened:

Top 35.

"Title: Itchy Feet

Writer: urban.spaceman

Genre: Comedy

Logline: After a South African holiday goes hilariously wrong, two friends decide to make their way home to England – by driving up through the African continent.

Notes: This writer is really green. Script is 134 pages. Scenes go on for 3-4 beats longer than they should. But he’s got comedy dialogue down. It sucks that you can’t reward this because in addition to his knack for comedy, he’s given us a movie we’ve never seen before. How often does that happen? But this writer needs to learn how to focus his story (outline, only write the scenes you need, get into every scene late and out of every scene early) as well as get a few scripts under his belt. Potential is great but you need to learn the nuances of the craft before they’ll let you in the door."

WTF.

Bloody hell!!!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Wow well done. Now you know where to make improvements. so what will be your next script.

So... Last August I entered a script competition, to find the top 250 amateur scripts out there. I'd said all along that I'd be happy to have one of my scripts accepted, then one did; a 5 year old first draft (finished at quarter to 2011) I'd been meaning to re-draft for years, but decided to submit it on a whim in the hope it might get read by a professional script reader and reviewer.

To have been accepted in the first place was mind blowing. Then I said I'd be happy to come 249 out of 250...

Then this happened:

Top 35.

Logline: After a South African holiday goes hilariously wrong, two friends decide to make their way home to England – by driving up through the African continent.

Notes: This writer is really green. Script is 134 pages. Scenes go on for 3-4 beats longer than they should. But he’s got comedy dialogue down. It sucks that you can’t reward this because in addition to his knack for comedy, he’s given us a movie we’ve never seen before. How often does that happen? But this writer needs to learn how to focus his story (outline, only write the scenes you need, get into every scene late and out of every scene early) as well as get a few scripts under his belt. Potential is great but you need to learn the nuances of the craft before they’ll let you in the door."

WTF.

Bloody hell!!!

That's brilliant. I was talking to a woman over Christmas who's been invited down to the BBC in February to discuss writing some episodes of Doctors and Eastenders. The wife's cousin has had a novel published and claims he is writing scripts for the BBC (although I'm never quite sure he's telling the truth) and now you.

I've always fancied a bit of writing but I'm just to lazy to have a go. Good luck to you. 

Are you sure it's a real email from iTunes, or is it a scam one that has a big button that says "if you think this is incorrect click here" and by clicking it, because it's incorrect, you've fallen for the scam?

Got through to apple and they confirmed it was a scam.

Then this happened:

Top 35.

WTF.

Bloody hell!!!

If the guy likes the story and comedy of it and only needs the scenes improving, why don't you polish it up, look round any film forums or the such online for keen directors and should it look possible crowdfund it? Obviously a lot harder and daunting than I make out and I personally wouldn't have a clue where to start, but you obviously have the knack and if it's something you enjoy why not press on with it?

Regardless, good luck with this/any future projects you have!