Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

A poignant day.

My bro' is over from Ireland, and we went and scattered our father's ashes.

Where did you go if you don't mind me asking?

We scattered my mother's ashes on Watermead Country park.

Wow well done. Now you know where to make improvements. so what will be your next script.

Thanks! I'm working on a few things at notes stage but my next thing will be a comedy about a little old lady who's trying to visit her husband in his care home. While I'm doing that I'll be doing my second draft of a sci-fi comedy script I did a year or so ago about about a guy who's trying to correct something that happened in his past but when he gets to the incident he's paralysed in his younger self's body and has to re-witness the worst thing that's ever happened to him. Some of it is set at Filbert Street!

That's brilliant. I was talking to a woman over Christmas who's been invited down to the BBC in February to discuss writing some episodes of Doctors and Eastenders. The wife's cousin has had a novel published and claims he is writing scripts for the BBC (although I'm never quite sure he's telling the truth) and now you.

I've always fancied a bit of writing but I'm just to lazy to have a go. Good luck to you.

My advice would be to write down every funny thing you hear or read either on a notepad or an app on your phone. Then let those ideas sit for a while, stewing in your thoughts and before long you'll start to expand something into a bigger thing and gradually into the nub of an idea and you can develop things from there. If you master little things like that first then you have a basis to work from. Alternatively join a writing course, which was terrifying but really helped me. The Phoenix do all sorts of things so it's worth looking there.

If the guy likes the story and comedy of it and only needs the scenes improving, why don't you polish it up, look round any film forums or the such online for keen directors and should it look possible crowdfund it? Obviously a lot harder and daunting than I make out and I personally wouldn't have a clue where to start, but you obviously have the knack and if it's something you enjoy why not press on with it?

Regardless, good luck with this/any future projects you have!

I certainly plan to! Watch this space!

4.20pm Friday, at the end of the first week back at work... its a damn good time   :)

was 27 degrees over night and has been 35-40 all week... wish i was back in the cold :)

No you don't.  :)  ;)

No you don't.  :)  ;)

seriously... yes, i wish i was cold :)

A week of 35+ with nights not going below 20, leaves you completely fvcked,,,,,,,, just sitting in an air conditioned room still makes your clothes stick to you.

I've been looking for a specific BMW for the past 6-10 months. Finally found one on autotrader on Wednesday planned to go and see it Saturday. Just rang them up now to see if it was ok to turn up and they told me it sold last night.

What you after mate?

Looking for a 3 series coupe. There's plenty of them around its just hard finding the specific one I want.

How you getting on with your car?

For your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend?  :unsure:

Looking for a 3 series coupe. There's plenty of them around its just hard finding the specific one I want.

How you getting on with your car?

I thought about one of those.

Yeah I'm loving it. Mine was a very specific car too so I know how you feel.