Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

mad that i wouldve thought you would. is it proper ireland or northern ireland or doesnt it matter? 

I thought you did too! I'm going to proper Ireland got to go to the 6 nations though and I can't stand rugby. Prob gonna drink a guinness though.

Edited by Unabomber

I thought you did too! I'm going to proper Ireland got to go to the 6 nations though and I can't stand rugby. Prob gonna drink a guinness though.

guinness is super enjoy. rugby less so but probs just get drunk and dress in green or some shit 

My girls went to Ireland just before Christmas and they needed their passports.

you need ID to get on the plane but technically you dont need your passport. But seen as you're getting on a plane you may as well just use your passport as ID. thats what google says anyway. it also seems to suggest that ryanair say you require a passport even though you dont just because they're ryanair. 

you need ID to get on the plane but technically you dont need your passport. But seen as you're getting on a plane you may as well just use your passport as ID. thats what google says anyway. it also seems to suggest that ryanair say you require a passport even though you dont just because they're ryanair. 

They went with Ryanair so that might be it.

They went with Ryanair so that might be it.

good old ryanair making shit up just for a laugh. 

nah i love me some ryanair tbf their flights to europe are cheaper than my trains from leeds to leicester 

I'll never really understand why you need a 4x4 for the school run.

Have you ever seen parents trying to drop their kids off outside school? It's like deluxe bloody dodgems! All because Tarquin and Annabella can't walk a few extra yards because their Boden wellies might get dirty. :whistle: 

• Like 1

This is the correct answer, I think. You DON'T need to show a passport to immigration travelling to/from the Irish Republic, but you DO need photo ID for the airline (e.g. passport) - certainly for Ryanair. They used to accept driver's licence as an alternative; DK if they still do.

I travelled to Dublin by train and ferry before Xmas. I took my passport but didn't need to show it - and that's been the case for years. Ferry is more fun, if you can spare the time - and possibly cheaper (£70 return Leicester station-Dublin city centre via SailRail).