Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Stopping at the Travel Lodge Cockermouth. The care home where my stepdad was is across the road.

Funeral midday. Pretty much ready. I just want it over and done with. Got WiFi but only 30 mins free. Left this notebook on and its been used  up overnight. Thought it only counted if you browsed. It is slow on this device but refreshing firefox may have helped. Using my mobile wifi device so have to be wary of how long i am on it.

Hope it all goes well today Ken, stay strong mate.

Crap day so far, after going to sleep thinking it was a great night for the foxes last night only to wake up this morning to find that a real fox had killed my 3 chickens and 3 ducks :(

Sorry to hear that. We keep chickens ourselves, thankfully we've only lost one to a fox over 10 years.

How did it manage to get them?

Stopping at the Travel Lodge Cockermouth. The care home where my stepdad was is across the road.

Funeral midday. Pretty much ready. I just want it over and done with. Got WiFi but only 30 mins free. Left this notebook on and its been used  up overnight. Thought it only counted if you browsed. It is slow on this device but refreshing firefox may have helped. Using my mobile wifi device so have to be wary of how long i am on it.

Hope the day goes well Ken.

Should anybody win it, the payout is over 29 years lol

You can choose to take the lump sum instead of the annuity. You generally only get 1/2 of the prize. If you were one of the luckily 3, the lump sum would be like $250 million. Of that, you'd probably get $165 M after taxes.

Not too shabby

You can choose to take the lump sum instead of the annuity. You generally only get 1/2 of the prize. If you were one of the luckily 3, the lump sum would be like $250 million. Of that, you'd probably get $165 M after taxes.

Not too shabby

3 separate winners, you can have it in one lump, it is federal and state taxed but you should still be able to survive on half a billion minus tax.

Eta, must read all the posts.^^^

Ah right, BBC said last night about the 29 year thing so I thought that was the only way.

Depends on whether I'm the billionaire or one of the millionaires.

Not so sure Webbo ..... Becoming a billionaire overnight might be a very scary thing.

Whereas a millionaire ! ... You'd have it spent before you know it and have had a damn good time doing it !

Had a great day tbh ... And so you should when you are on your jollies ! Still buzzing from the game last night and managed to see the goal and a few highlights on some some strange foreign channel. Couldn't wait to see the geezer who fills up the mini bar as apparently he's a Spurs fan ... Although I doubt he's ever seen them play. Funny that .. Next year he may be a Leicester fan !

Not many celebrities around (much to the missus' disgust) ... Carrot head the Top gear bloke is long gone, my mate Titchmarsh went the other day (probably got to get back and water his plants) and Russ Abbott is still keeping a low profile after I asked him where the emu was .... Nice to find someone with a sense of humour somewhere near to mine as the two lads behind the bar have put up a lost/reward sheet with a picture of Emu on it.

• Like 2

Pretty fvcked off with my work.

I asked a guy in another area of the country to cover a job for me as I was prior engaged and wouldn't get there til late. It needed doing sharpish (healthcare industry!) he said no he and his other techs were too busy. I explained my situation in further detail he said he would ask his techs, 5 mins later he rings back and says one will do it now after shuffling about some stuff. As I said thanks and went to end the conversation and put the phone down he started lecturing me on how to do my job better, that the MD and Service Manager have specifically said this job is my site, my area and my responsibility to carry out these jobs.

I get all that but on this one occasion I'm asking a favour you penis. Do you forget the times I travel across the country and cover your jobs or fill in when your staff can't perform tasks?

If he hadn't name dropped the big dogs I'd be fine but what's all that about you cheap back stabbing arse

I asked a guy in another area of the country to cover a job for me as I was prior engaged and wouldn't get there til late. It needed doing sharpish (healthcare industry!) he said no he and his other techs were too busy. I explained my situation in further detail he said he would ask his techs, 5 mins later he rings back and says one will do it now after shuffling about some stuff. As I said thanks and went to end the conversation and put the phone down he started lecturing me on how to do my job better, that the MD and Service Manager have specifically said this job is my site, my area and my responsibility to carry out these jobs.

I get all that but on this one occasion I'm asking a favour you penis. Do you forget the times I travel across the country and cover your jobs or fill in when your staff can't perform tasks?

If he hadn't name dropped the big dogs I'd be fine but what's all that about you cheap back stabbing arse

Remember this when he next asks you to cover one of his jobs. 

• Like 1

Order a cake for his birthday that says happy birthday cvnt.

Bad day yesterday.

Started off really well. Was getting the office organised and found the diaries that I wrote when travelling around Australia in 1990 - a precious find indeed.

I then went to shove back a heavy box of LPs - and my heart went again. Racing, tachycardic at first, then quickly settled down to a normal - but irregular - rhythm.

Went to the GP, who confirmed that atrial fibrillation (abnormal heart rhythm) is back. Put me back on the Warfarin (blood thinner to avoid strokes) that I'd just stopped. Also referred me to the cardiologist for consideration of catheter ablation, whereby they stick a catheter into your thigh and up the artery into your heart, where an electrode burns away some of your heart muscle. A fairly routine, low-risk procedure, apparently, but not an appealing prospect.

Doctors are a bugger for finding things to lecture you about, though, aren't they? When I had this heart problem back in June, they said that there had been no worsening of my hereditary heart condition and that the abnormal rhythm had probably been caused by booze. So, I stopped the booze entirely (7+ months now)....and it happens again. Heart can't be as strong as they thought, if shoving a box a few inches causes such a problem. 

Why can't I take serious things seriously, though? The GP was a Dr. Fernando and while she had the stethoscope to my chest I had to fight the urge to ask: "can you hear the drums, Fernando?"  :D

Anyone got me in Deathlist 2016?  :ph34r:  My odds have just come in slightly. 2% p.a. chance of a stroke until they sort it out. I'm a big enough star to get my own entry in Deathlist, surely? 

• Like 4