Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Bad day yesterday.

Started off really well. Was getting the office organised and found the diaries that I wrote when travelling around Australia in 1990 - a precious find indeed.

I then went to shove back a heavy box of LPs - and my heart went again. Racing, tachycardic at first, then quickly settled down to a normal - but irregular - rhythm.

Went to the GP, who confirmed that atrial fibrillation (abnormal heart rhythm) is back. Put me back on the Warfarin (blood thinner to avoid strokes) that I'd just stopped. Also referred me to the cardiologist for consideration of catheter ablation, whereby they stick a catheter into your thigh and up the artery into your heart, where an electrode burns away some of your heart muscle. A fairly routine, low-risk procedure, apparently, but not an appealing prospect.

Doctors are a bugger for finding things to lecture you about, though, aren't they? When I had this heart problem back in June, they said that there had been no worsening of my hereditary heart condition and that the abnormal rhythm had probably been caused by booze. So, I stopped the booze entirely (7+ months now)....and it happens again. Heart can't be as strong as they thought, if shoving a box a few inches causes such a problem.

Why can't I take serious things seriously, though? The GP was a Dr. Fernando and while she had the stethoscope to my chest I had to fight the urge to ask: "can you hear the drums, Fernando?" :D

Anyone got me in Deathlist 2016? :ph34r: My odds have just come in slightly. 2% p.a. chance of a stroke until they sort it out. I'm a big enough star to get my own entry in Deathlist, surely?

Sorry to hear that, Alf. :(

Have you considered swapping your albums for cds? :D

• Like 1

Someone's taken a shit in the urinals at work, suddenly a building full of grown adults turns in to a primary school. Hilarious scenes. lol

Some people just want to watch the world burn

Bad day yesterday.

Started off really well. Was getting the office organised and found the diaries that I wrote when travelling around Australia in 1990 - a precious find indeed.

I then went to shove back a heavy box of LPs - and my heart went again. Racing, tachycardic at first, then quickly settled down to a normal - but irregular - rhythm.

Went to the GP, who confirmed that atrial fibrillation (abnormal heart rhythm) is back. Put me back on the Warfarin (blood thinner to avoid strokes) that I'd just stopped. Also referred me to the cardiologist for consideration of catheter ablation, whereby they stick a catheter into your thigh and up the artery into your heart, where an electrode burns away some of your heart muscle. A fairly routine, low-risk procedure, apparently, but not an appealing prospect.

Doctors are a bugger for finding things to lecture you about, though, aren't they? When I had this heart problem back in June, they said that there had been no worsening of my hereditary heart condition and that the abnormal rhythm had probably been caused by booze. So, I stopped the booze entirely (7+ months now)....and it happens again. Heart can't be as strong as they thought, if shoving a box a few inches causes such a problem. 

Why can't I take serious things seriously, though? The GP was a Dr. Fernando and while she had the stethoscope to my chest I had to fight the urge to ask: "can you hear the drums, Fernando?"  :D

Anyone got me in Deathlist 2016?  :ph34r:  My odds have just come in slightly. 2% p.a. chance of a stroke until they sort it out. I'm a big enough star to get my own entry in Deathlist, surely? 

Be well Alf

Sorry to hear that, Alf. :(

Have you considered swapping your albums for cds? :D

Cheers, Buce.

Most of my stuff after mid-80s is on CD, anyway. Never progressed to this internet download nonsense and no intention of doing so. Have a LOT of 70s/early 80s vinyl, though.

Is it possible to buy a mini-forklift for domestic use, I wonder?

Shocking reading for two reasons.

1 - Get well soon again Alf, we've already lost Bowie and Rickman this week, we can't afford to lose you as well.

2 - I've only glanced through the thread but what sort of a person has a dump in a urinal? Savage.

The women's loos here are apparently usually worse, I'm told they're so prissy about sitting on the loo seat they try and hover and sometimes miss. Filth.

We're assuming someone's done it to deliberately piss off the cleaner. Animal.

Either way I'm finding it hilarious.

at a former job of mine they put a coded entry to the femae toilets as, on a daily basis there were regular large dumps being deposited and not flushed therefore stinking out the offices above. they, without asking any member of staff, concluded it MUST be a bloke doing the damage so as i say they key coded the door. The following few days when huge shits were still being left were great because not one female member of staff would admit to ddoing huge turds on the daily basis.

scenes.

Shocking reading for two reasons.

1 - Get well soon again Alf, we've already lost Bowie and Rickman this week, we can't afford to lose you as well.

2 - I've only glanced through the thread but what sort of a person has a dump in a urinal? Savage.

Good call.

Hasn't he got previous for something like this, in a referee's toilet?

Edited by Buce

Just got final confirmation today that building work will start next week on our garage conversion - which is nice. I want the new space to be my office/man cave and the wife wants it to be a kids play room. As always - I'll end up paying for it all but still lose.. :(