Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had a weird few days. At Villa Park I found a phone at full time in the away end, asked around me to see who's it was but no one had lost it, so I thought as it was probably a guy from Leicester, I'd hand it into the club in the morning.

Anyway, when I got home - I charged it up and called one of the numbers it had a missed call from. A bloke picked up who told me it was one of his mates, and that he was at Villa because he was friends with Danny Drinkwater. So he said that as a thank you for not running off with it or something, Drinkwater (whom he was with at the time) had offered to give me a signed shirt if I handed it in. So I handed it in at the training ground in the morning and true to his word, Drinkwater has sorted me out with a shirt - all for handing a phone in!

Top bloke!

Top bloke, yourself.

It's nice to see honesty and decency aren't completely dead.

Cracking start.

Just had confirmation that i have successfully completed my Certificate IV in Celebrancy.

I can now pronounce you anything i want. :)

What made you want to give up sex...?

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

Went to my placement site this morning for my internship in Cape Town... It looks amazing and a great place to work. Plus it's air conditioned too which is important as Cape Town is high 30s at the minute (so warm). Only downer is that I don't start for another 2 weeks so I'm at a pretty loose end with not much to do except find somewhere to watch City's matches.

Weird few days for the old ticker....

Thurs:

- Pushing a box across the floor, heart rate suddenly started racing (2.5 x normal speed) -> Tachycardia -> Have a rest & work out what to do

- Rate slowed after 5 mins, but rhythm abnormal -> Atrial fibrillation -> Saw GP to get put back on Warfarin

Sun/Mon:

- Rhythm still wrong, but rate went haywire as well -> Tachycardia + Atrial fibrillation -> GP -> Glenfield for ECG

Mon/Tues:

- Admitted to Glenfield for 24 hours to get rate down -> Discharged with no tachycardia, just atrial flutter ("regularly irregular" heartbeat; atrial fibrillation = "irregularly irregular")

....Back to injecting myself in the stomach again

5am last night:

- Woke up suddenly and heartbeat seemed strong & regular again -> Back in normal rhythm and normal rate again  

-> May now have avoided cardioversion (planned defibrillation/electrical shocking of heart), but ablation still on the cards (catheter up vein in groin to heart under local anaesthetic, so as to burn away a few morsels of heart muscle).

Had a nice rest in hospital, though, eating some lovely grub and watching all the sexy nurses/doctors walk by....obviously did the ticker some good!   :D

• Like 1

Take it easy Alf. Avoid any stress like watching City Well try and be as relaxed as possible when you do.

Cheers, Ken. Am giving tonight a miss for that reason - apart from TV.

Intend to be at the Stoke match on Saturday (provided I'm not in the 2016 Deathlist :ph34r:). These problems seem to have been triggered by swilling ale (in the summer) and by pushing a box (last week).

Emotions about football clearly don't have the same coronary impact.

Weird few days for the old ticker....

Thurs:

- Pushing a box across the floor, heart rate suddenly started racing (2.5 x normal speed) -> Tachycardia -> Have a rest & work out what to do

- Rate slowed after 5 mins, but rhythm abnormal -> Atrial fibrillation -> Saw GP to get put back on Warfarin

Sun/Mon:

- Rhythm still wrong, but rate went haywire as well -> Tachycardia + Atrial fibrillation -> GP -> Glenfield for ECG

Mon/Tues:

- Admitted to Glenfield for 24 hours to get rate down -> Discharged with no tachycardia, just atrial flutter ("regularly irregular" heartbeat; atrial fibrillation = "irregularly irregular")

....Back to injecting myself in the stomach again

5am last night:

- Woke up suddenly and heartbeat seemed strong & regular again -> Back in normal rhythm and normal rate again

-> May now have avoided cardioversion (planned defibrillation/electrical shocking of heart), but ablation still on the cards (catheter up vein in groin to heart under local anaesthetic, so as to burn away a few morsels of heart muscle).

Had a nice rest in hospital, though, eating some lovely grub and watching all the sexy nurses/doctors walk by....obviously did the ticker some good! :D

Virtual horse tomfoolery to your good sen and to your recovery!

Get well soon Alf, fingers crossed you won't be but if you need to stay in Glenfield again and want a visitor/paper/drink/some food etc don't be afraid to give me a buzz.

Edited by MattP

Brilliant start to the day with a full English and coffee whilst looking at the sea but got a feeling it's going to go downhill fast when we start packing and go to my favouritist place .... The airport.

In the meantime I shall have one last prolonged assault on the hotels beer supply.

P.S. Take it easy Alf.

Edited by Countryfox

Wow almost properly injured myself at the gym today, was doing laying on the bench chest press with dumbells that you can add smaller weights too, didn't screw on the end properly to secure it and a 10kg weight flew off and landed about an inch from my head.

Wow almost properly injured myself at the gym today, was doing laying on the bench chest press with dumbells that you can add smaller weights too, didn't screw on the end properly to secure it and a 10kg weight flew off and landed about an inch from my head.

Friend of mine bust his femur falling off a running machine.

Dangerous place gyms.