Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Best wishes Alf.

Best stay off the box pushing .... and the ale ..... and the nurses .....

I've been off the ale for 8 months, after they told me that ale was probably the cause of the previous episode.

Wrong, clearly. I should quaff gallons of ale, cavort with nurses all night, but avoid pushing boxes. Only logical conclusion that I can draw.

Weird few days for the old ticker....

Thurs:

- Pushing a box across the floor, heart rate suddenly started racing (2.5 x normal speed) -> Tachycardia -> Have a rest & work out what to do

- Rate slowed after 5 mins, but rhythm abnormal -> Atrial fibrillation -> Saw GP to get put back on Warfarin

Sun/Mon:

- Rhythm still wrong, but rate went haywire as well -> Tachycardia + Atrial fibrillation -> GP -> Glenfield for ECG

Mon/Tues:

- Admitted to Glenfield for 24 hours to get rate down -> Discharged with no tachycardia, just atrial flutter ("regularly irregular" heartbeat; atrial fibrillation = "irregularly irregular")

....Back to injecting myself in the stomach again

5am last night:

- Woke up suddenly and heartbeat seemed strong & regular again -> Back in normal rhythm and normal rate again  

-> May now have avoided cardioversion (planned defibrillation/electrical shocking of heart), but ablation still on the cards (catheter up vein in groin to heart under local anaesthetic, so as to burn away a few morsels of heart muscle).

Had a nice rest in hospital, though, eating some lovely grub and watching all the sexy nurses/doctors walk by....obviously did the ticker some good!   :D

All the best Alf... if you go to the General for anything, tell the ginger nurse in A&E that I think she's stunning and I'll leave my mrs for her.

Kinda seemed the wrong time for me to say it when I was rushing a family member in there a few months back.

lol

All the best Alf... if you go to the General for anything, tell the ginger nurse in A&E that I think she's stunning and I'll leave my mrs for her.

Kinda seemed the wrong time for me to say it when I was rushing a family member in there a few months back.

lol

There's an A&E at the general?

They've kept that well hidden,

lol

Cheers, Babs. I was down at the Royal for a blood test yesterday, but not A&E so didn't see any ginger nurses.

Blood nice and thin so off the stomach injections again.  :scarf:

Cheers, Babs. I was down at the Royal for a blood test yesterday, but not A&E so didn't see any ginger nurses.

Ouch,they sound painful Alf.Keep strong buddy and hope everything sorts itself out.Not been the best few years for you.

I'm not a person to dislike posters on here but there are a few that I do like to read if I see them post,and guess what your one of them.What I also like is that you and MattP are 2 opposite ends of the political spectrum and have a few heated debates,yet have gone for beers together,which says a lot about the both of you as people.

Creeping over.

• Like 1

Good to know you're not going to be out of circulation.

just to check you're back on top form,without using aorta,how many can you do?

I'm not a person to dislike posters on here but there are a few that I do like to read if I see them post,and guess what your one of them.What I also like is that you and MattP are 2 opposite ends of the political spectrum and have a few heated debates,yet have gone for beers together,which says a lot about the both of you as people.

Creeping over.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Personally I'd like to thank my working spunk and my ridiculously large dodo instead of my model-esque looks.

Conceiving a child helps when you ejaculate inside a woman, and not on your username. 

My aunty died overnight and my 3 year old daughter broke her elbow yesterday.

Just waiting for the 3rd shitty ****ed up bastard thing to happen now

Oh no! Poor little girl, that sounds really painful. How do fix a broken elbow on a small child ?

And sorry to read about your Auntie.

The three thing is just old folklaw.

Oh no! Poor little girl, that sounds really painful. How do fix a broken elbow on a small child ?

And sorry to read about your Auntie.

The three thing is just old folklaw.

I hope you are right re folklore buddy

My 3 year old bless her has been very brave so far and she is lucky (sort of) that at the moment she doesn't have to have an operation (as its a clean break) but it's still very difficult for her and we still have to keep our fingers crossed it heals properly. Thanks for your thoughts