Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I'm sorry to hear that, but it wasn't me, honest.

Is something similar likely to come up?

youre not foolin me fella.... im guessing you have plans to grab my dongas and run!

Not sure whats next... the mrs is sayin just pay more.... im not so sure, we'll see :)

Guest Col city fan

Been to Church first thing this morning, now gonna get the fire on and watch last night's FA Cup highlights.

Diet starts properly today. Getting wed in two months so target is to lose one stone by then.

I'll achieve it with effort.

Been to Church first thing this morning, now gonna get the fire on and watch last night's FA Cup highlights.

Diet starts properly today. Getting wed in two months so target is to lose one stone by then.

I'll achieve it with effort.

Please, just have one as a send-off, one won't do any harm. :P

sugardonuts.jpg

Edited by Wymeswold fox

All I use my PC for is gaming so I think the only software ever used is steam. It has minimal programmes and data on it. It was a clean and streamlined Windows 10 install with steam, anti virus and some optimisation tools the only things installed. Could an mbr error be caused by a dodgy connection to the hard drive? I know the drive itself seems ok - but thinking about it, the sata cables could be an issue I guess ?

What do you mean master boot record? can you enter the bios on startup? 

Dropped my phone. Smashed the top half of the screen. Somehow still works lol

went to town to see what shops would repair it and if so, for how much.

Local high street phone shop costs £85 same-day repair.

EE costs between £60-£200 (why the big range fvck knows). Minimum 2 weeks for phone to even be sent off.

Carphone Warehouse £160-£200). Minimum 3 weeks as phone gets sent off to their Repair team and then more time on top of that before deciding what needs done

Extortionate from the big brands.

Dropped my phone. Smashed the top half of the screen. Somehow still works lol

went to town to see what shops would repair it and if so, for how much.

Local high street phone shop costs £85 same-day repair.

EE costs between £60-£200 (why the big range fvck knows). Minimum 2 weeks for phone to even be sent off.

Carphone Warehouse £160-£200). Minimum 3 weeks as phone gets sent off to their Repair team and then more time on top of that before deciding what needs done

Extortionate from the big brands.

What model is it?

HTC One m8

Ah that explains the price then, they are a nightmare to replace the screen. You basically can only access them from the back iirc, and have disassemble the whole phone before using a heat gun to separate the screen. It's not a diy job, I'd say £80 is a bargain.

Edited by Strokes

Ah that explains the price then, they are a nightmare to replace the screen. You basically can only access them from the back iirc, and have disassemble the whole phone before using a heat gun to separate the screen. It's not a diy job, I'd say £80 is a bargain.

yeah I'm happy with the £85 price! 

I just really don't like the convenience of not having my phone for up to 2-3 weeks.

yeah I'm happy with the £85 price!

I just really don't like the convenience of not having my phone for up to 2-3 weeks.

The fact you'd have to pay more for that inconvenience is a bit ridiculous too. Surely the speedier service should set you back more.

I used to share a house with a medical student and she always came home after the dissections (which were apparently great fun) blissfully unaware that she always reeked of formaldehyde. I can still smell it now. Sexy.

Sorry for the absence of puns

Formaldehyde smells sexy? :unsure: I'd no idea. :blink:

Booked a trip to Iceland  :claudio:

No idea why the flights are ridiculously expensive considering the relatively close proximity

Don't you remember all the flight disruption caused by ash from erupting volcanoes a few years ago?

The airlines have to pay higher insurance premiums due to the greater probability of planes crashing.

:ph34r:

Don't you remember all the flight disruption caused by ash from erupting volcanoes a few years ago?

The airlines have to pay higher insurance premiums due to the greater probability of planes crashing.

:ph34r:

Yeah, thanks, Alf.

That's done wonders for my aviphobia.