Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

reet good day

Wife's been on a spa day so had my 7 month old son all to mesen. Proper daddy and son day.

Started off listening to vinyl and he was loving me head banging, absolute fits of giggles, then I took him to horse well lane to watch some Sunday league. My team were 2-2 at 90 mins but ended up losing 4-2! He thoroughly enjoyed watching though, he's very switched on to it as we watch city on tv as much as we can when I'm not going games and he loves clapping along to the Vardy chant.

Then he had an hours nap so I prepped beef boubignon for the wife's return, when laddo woke we played on his car mat in the lounge and I chased him around a lot. Rapid crawler!

Wife came back from a spa fully refreshed and revitalised. What a great day. A world of difference from Friday when I was off work sick.

Monday tomorrow. Up early for a morning session on the turbo trainer

Edited by SystonFox
  • Like 1

Can have a quick look on foxestalk to see is any developments now the last two tax returns done and sent off. That's six sent this weekend, all for the family, four self employed and a couple of partnership returns.

Could do them earlier but like a bit of brinkmanship, keep the old stess levels up. Having a nice glass of wine or three. VAT return to do tomorrow, this retirement lark is hard work!

Guest Col city fan

Booked a trip to Iceland :claudio:

No idea why the flights are ridiculously expensive considering the relatively close proximity

Make sure you take plenty of money...its one of the most beautiful places on earth but very expensive.

In London to do dissertation research. 

Paid 3 quid for 24hrs wifi so I can keep up with deadline day. 

If we sign Gayle i'll write to the club demanding my 3 quid back. 

I saw this strange sky in Leicester today at about 5pm. It was like seeing the Northern Lights. Did anyone else see it and does anyone know what it was?

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=strange%20sky%20in%20leicester&src=typd〈=en-gb

It may have been the Northern Lights. For reasons not clear to me, they have been seen at increased Southern latitudes, this year.

Tomorrow is the day.

Me and the wife have got an appointment with the genetics department. We gave blood samples last October and tomorrow we will get the results to see if our son inherited his condition from us. We should also get confirmation in person that he has chromosome 12p duplication (which we only know about as it was hand written on the letters they sent us asking for the blood samples, hardly professional)

My wife is obviously a bit scared but no use being worried I suppose. It is what it is. I just hope it isn't a waste of time and we actually get some answers which will help us moving forward.

Great news from last night. My son finally pivoted whilst doing tummy time. He managed to move 90 degrees to reach my wives phone. This is a big step towards getting him on the move. I know the physio will be thrilled when we see her on Saturday. I will post on Thursday with how we get on tomorrow. (I only go on foxestalk at work, gotta get paid to be on here :P )

• Like 4

Lost my Grandad today (his surname is the inspiration for my username; also my middle name). 

He was 93 and had a fantastic life. Moved over here from Italy in his 20's and lived and worked all over the country, finally settling in Leicestershire. He loved City and used to work the David Gower gate down the county for years and years, it was lovely to see how well known and admired he was. I wish he could have seen how this season turned out for us but it is what it is i suppose. Got caught in two minds on wether to drive back home to be with my family but my mum told me to stay in Leeds, not much I can do now I guess. 

Instead I'm doing the proper Italian thing and taking my housemates out for a meal, gonna' drink lots of red wine and see him off in my own way.

• Like 2

Going to my girlfriends tonight, but we've not been going out long and I don't want to seem like a scumbag. When I went to the bog at work, I realised there's a big hole in my boxers so I drove home at lunchtime to pick up some better ones. The better pairs were still on the radiator drying but I'm going straight to hers after work so I took them to work and hung them out the car window to try. If you saw a little Corsa on the dual carriageway near Fosse Park with blue calvins flapping out the window to dry, that would be me. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Shit day...Two words:Information Technology. When working it's great. When it's not its a fookin nightmare and makes doing your job even harder.

Sorry to hear that.  Wonderful dogs.  Still miss our boy after 18 months.  My 6 year old swings between very excited when she sees a GSD to crying at missing Zeke.  Now we are in the new house will be looking at getting a pup later in the year.  Need to find a good breeder locally.

My new pup is my fourth German Shepherd and I just adore them. All have been gentle and loving, and are great company, as I am sure you know.

Heart breaking when you lose your pet. Mine have always been my best friends, and always want to be close to you.

Well the appointment with the genetics department yesterday went well (I think).

My son does have Chromosome 12p duplication syndrome. In simple terms his strand of chromosome 12 has a small duplication on one of the small arms (so 2 of the same piece). In terms of size its very small (in numbers we are talking 1 million in a body of 3 billion 300 million) The doctor believes that it should have no impact on his life. The problem they have though is in the NHS database there is no other case of this duplication to compare it to. Therefore my son is the only one diagnosed with the condition. (It maybe that hundreds of people have the same duplication but cause they've led normal lives they have never needed to be tested)

He didn't inherit it from either me or my wife and it is a new event. ( I was hoping I did have it then we wouldn't have anything to worry about knowing I have led a normal life)

The doctor cant possibly confirm whether it wont have any effect on him but its highly unlikely. They will do further tests as Ashton grows up so they can log any changes into the database for future use when the next person is diagnosed with it. The genetic condition and my sons brain condition are highly unlikely to be related as by looking at the genes inside the duplication they are perfectly normal. (When someone has a genetic condition the genes inside can tell a doctor what specific condition they will develop, as Ashton's genes are normal they are confident it will have no effect on him and his ACC is a separate issue.)

So all in all it was good news. What is a little annoying is the unknown. We don't know what it means for his future but most likely its nothing. The doctor did say that if we decided to have more children its highly unlikely they will develop the same genetic condition (its happened once so they cant say its impossible but it practically is. Ashton was just unlucky).

Although if Ashton was to have kids of his own they would have a 50/50 chance of getting it but if it doesn't affect him then its nothing to worry about.

So that's where we are at the moment. For the time being the genetic condition can be on the back burner and now we can concentrate on helping him overcome his ACC and help him get back on track with his motor skills. I knew my son was one in a million but now the doctor has confirmed that he actually is.

I joked to the wife that you never know his extra chromosome might mean he gains super powers. X men style. Just hope its Wolverine lol

• Like 3