Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Shit. Fully shit. I have a sort of colleague that occasionally takes the piss and I hand it back but today he overstepped the mark and I had to stop myself from punching him. He's a full-on cvnt but the boss is never around to witness it and my line-manager couldn't give a shit

I firmly told this guy to f*** off in front of other colleagues and he kept his mouth shut for a bit but still had to sneak in some more pisstaking as I was leaving. I'm still reeling from this and the more I think about how much I hate him and how inevitable he's going to try to get a rise out of me tomorrow my heart is going mental and I feel sick.

What do you do in this situation? It's a nightmare. I can't tell my boss (useless, nothing will get done), I can't assault this idiot (instant dismissal, have mortgage), and I don't want to "resolve" anything with him as it's his nature and the circumstances dictate that he's able to act like a complete arsehole and get away with it.

Oh boy I have been there.  This lady I used to work with had the most annoying fvcking phone answering voice, like all you could hear every morning was her shrill tones piercing the air and you can't just tell her to shut the fvck up because technically she's just doing her job.  The printer never fvcking worked either.  These 2 other guys got pretty fed up with it too so we made a computer virus that I installed into the system from a floppy disk they gave me.  It was supposed to transfer all the half cents that get rounded off every time the company we were at made a transaction to an account we'd set up, problem was the dude who wrote it put a decimal in the wrong place so we accidentally stole way more than we meant to.  Didn't matter though cause some weird mental guy who worked there burned the building down so I got a job in construction with my neighbour if that helps you.

Guest Col city fan

Shabadoo, does your organisation not have harassment policies, an HR department etc.?
If so, raise a grievance, live with the fact you've raised it and make it formal.
This tithead clearly wants to ruin your working life.

Edited by DB11

Is possibly the worst advice I've ever heard......

Shabadoo, does your organisation not have harassment policies, an HR department etc.?

If so, raise a grievance, live with the fact you've raised it and make it formal.

This tithead clearly wants to ruin your working life.

Thanks for some proper advice, that is probably all I can do but I'm doing it first thing. Barely slept last night from thinking about it too much and as a result I slept through my alarm so I'm going to be an hour late to work

Edited by DB11

Shit. Fully shit. I have a sort of colleague that occasionally takes the piss and I hand it back but today he overstepped the mark and I had to stop myself from punching him. He's a full-on cvnt but the boss is never around to witness it and my line-manager couldn't give a shit

I firmly told this guy to f*** off in front of other colleagues and he kept his mouth shut for a bit but still had to sneak in some more pisstaking as I was leaving. I'm still reeling from this and the more I think about how much I hate him and how inevitable he's going to try to get a rise out of me tomorrow my heart is going mental and I feel sick.

What do you do in this situation? It's a nightmare. I can't tell my boss (useless, nothing will get done), I can't assault this idiot (instant dismissal, have mortgage), and I don't want to "resolve" anything with him as it's his nature and the circumstances dictate that he's able to act like a complete arsehole and get away with it.

I had a similar situation, once, with a guy who was my department head, and it had reached the point where I dreaded going to work. I decided extreme measures were required. I waited until we were alone (in the lift), slammed him up against the lift wall, and gave a well-rehersed speech (delivered with calm menace) in which I told him that if he didn't get off my case, I'd have him kneecapped.

He never did it again.

Disclaimer: I was young and reckless - other solutions may be available (though not as effective).

Guest Col city fan

Thanks for some proper advice, that is probably all I can do but I'm doing it first thing. Barely slept last night from thinking about it too much and as a result I slept through my alarm so I'm going to be an hour late to work

That's what I'd do mate.

DON'T FORGET TO GET YOUR EVIDENCE!

Write everything down, keep records of what he's said, how it's making you feel so that you can present this when needed.

Do it systematically. It may be that simply making it formal will make him stop.

Literally mate, think like a solicitor would and start making a case.

PS. .why has my reply to Shabadoo been deleted?

Edited by Col city fan

Document it, then talk to your line manager, make it very clear this is not acceptable, and you will take further steps if he doesn't act on it.  Workplace bullying is a horrible thing to put up with, and not good for your health or happiness.  Sort it today before it takes you down.

Sorry to hear that jjjs.Are you the only one this seems to happen to?Can you say to the line manager( the one that doesn't give a Sh!t)that you could take it further as its serious and he might have a word with the other idiot.As Jon said document everything date,time,who was about.When he does say something say " that's overstepped the mark" so others can hear.This is sneaky and a bit of a mind game but it could work.When he says something you say" sorry ,what was that?" At this point in full vision of him and others you get your small notepad out document what's been said and then put it in a locked draw / case if you have one.They will Sh!t themselves.Good luck. Edited by cambridgefox

Sorry to hear that jjjs.Are you the only one this seems to happen to?Can you say to the line manager( the one that doesn't give a Sh!t)that you could take it further as its serious and he might have a word with the other idiot.As Jon said document everything date,time,who was about.When he does say something say " that's overstepped the mark" so others can here.This is sneaky and a bit of a mind game but it could work.When he says something you say" sorry ,what was that" At this point in full vision of him and others you get your small notepad out document what's been said and then put it in a locked draw / case if you have one.They will Sh!t themselves.Good luck.

Cheers, good advice. Made a formal complaint this morning outlining what happened yesterday, turns out a colleague has also complained about him recently. He has also been warned by his boss and is treading a fine line. Fingers crossed this is the straw that breaks the camel's back and he gets sent packing. Totally useless chump, does little work and disrupts a lot of work in our shared office.

• Like 1

Cheers, good advice. Made a formal complaint this morning outlining what happened yesterday, turns out a colleague has also complained about him recently. He has also been warned by his boss and is treading a fine line. Fingers crossed this is the straw that breaks the camel's back and he gets sent packing. Totally useless chump, does little work and disrupts a lot of work in our shared office.

Personally I think you should make one of your emoticon things of you stomping on his face and his eyes popping out their sockets.

Guest Col city fan

Good luck Shabadoo.

I can't stand any sort of bullying. You spend a long time at work and to be subjected to it there can be horrible.

PS. .why has my reply to Shabadoo been deleted?

The post you quoted was deleted, and leaving the quote would have meant it was in vain. I've restored your post now and edited it to redact the quote/your reply. I didn't realise your post was not wholly in response to the post you were quoting

Good,also good that it's not the first incedent and happened to another colleague.

Good news! Only been to Crystal Palace this year at the KP. Lost my season ticket when we got promoted to the Prem due to a death.

I work for a company in Cambridgeshire and my boss has just told me he's got me box seats for Leicester v West Ham.

What a great boss!

I'm over the moon as feel I've paid my fair share but missed all the fun. 

Good news! Only been to Crystal Palace this year at the KP. Lost my season ticket when we got promoted to the Prem due to a death.

I work for a company in Cambridgeshire and my boss has just told me he's got me box seats for Leicester v West Ham.

What a great boss!

I'm over the moon as feel I've paid my fair share but missed all the fun.

Excellent.My boss would get me half of that,the box.considering you know where I work it's not lost( or funny) Edited by cambridgefox
  • Like 1

What a great boss!

I'm over the moon as feel I've paid my fair share but missed all the fun.

Glad you can experience the buzz

If we lose though you're banned ;)

Probably not your style, but certainly mine.

It's times like these that you've got to step up your insults so they're borderline abuse. Said only in private but make them count. Get personal, he'll soon be quiet when you're talking about him and Adam Johnson sharing a hobby.

Either that or he'll punch you and he gets the boot.

Fight fire with fire, I say.