Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On Thursday, I cut my hand on glass. Clean cut and it won't stop bleeding. Cleaned it up but my plasters keep falling off.

Got to the Emirates yesterday and blood was literally running down my hand so I asked for a plaster. It literally took three stewards to take me to the first aid room (they kept getting us lost; it was like something from a comedy)... I was led out the concourse and underneath the ground. Honestly, it was like a hospital. The doctor cleaned it and said 'yes this looks deep'. I was like yeah I know it keeps bleeding. Anyway they let me go but with no guidance so I get lost. Walked back up what I thought were the same stairs, into the concourse and it was the Arsenal end lol There's me in my Leicester shirt and hat. A steward walked me back down the stairs and pointed me in a direction where I ended up going through the massive doors ended up at the side of the pitch. Stewards opened the gates at the bottom of the away end and I walked up to me seat.

Literally all that for a plaster!

• Like 1

Recovering with some booze having had the poo kicked out of me at six side football outdoor on a half football pitch.

Inside two minutes, I was shielding the ball when an 18 stone 6' 4" cant steamed though the back of me, studded me down the back of my right leg, then kneecapped my thigh giving me a deadleg. As we had no subs, I had to hobble into goal second half. Ref did nothing.

However, I got reprimanded for taking a goal kick from the wrong place and swearing too much. The ref, 18 years old said, don't expect me to respect you if you use that language. I said I dont want your fecking respect you cant, I just want you to get your decisions right. He wasn't impressed, but I was lucky, a couple of weeks ago, he sent off my youngest for saying the word "wicked'! (they were arguing and the ref said say one more word and you are off, my lad said wicked and he got sent off)

Seriously, my point is most refs are jobs worths as Atkinson proved yesterday. I know it is a thankless task, but to do the job it seems you have to have a common sense bypass in your DNA.

Ps we won our first match for quite a while 3–1!

• Like 1

Sweating on a job offer, had the interview on Friday and it went very well, they said will confirm the offer on Monday, but nothing yet... grrrr.

Now walking that fine line of being to pushy/enthusiastic, i still have to negotiate final package so dont want to give up too much, but i really want this job. Its lower wages but a real opportunity for the " tree change " move.

will be about an hour out of the city and be servicing and area of thousands of kilometres.. lol

:) brilliant

edit, just checked apparently is an area of 98,000 square kilometres :)

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

Sweating on a job offer, had the interview on Friday and it went very well, they said will confirm the offer on Monday, but nothing yet... grrrr.

Now walking that fine line of being to pushy/enthusiastic, i still have to negotiate final package so dont want to give up too much, but i really want this job. Its lower wages but a real opportunity for the " tree change " move.

will be about an hour out of the city and be servicing and area of thousands of kilometres.. lol

:) brilliant

edit, just checked apparently is an area of 98,000 square kilometres :)

What will you be doing? 98000 sq kms I massive!

Lesotho is 33k sq kms! lol.

Was queueing almost 2 hours to get into a nightclub last night, got to the end of the queue about to go in and someone accidently trips me up and I go flying and cut all my elbows up so they didn't let me in. And then to make things worse the taxi man managed to swindle £20 off me for a £4 ride home, jesus

Recovering with some booze having had the poo kicked out of me at six side football outdoor on a half football pitch.

Inside two minutes, I was shielding the ball when an 18 stone 6' 4" cant steamed though the back of me, studded me down the back of my right leg, then kneecapped my thigh giving me a deadleg. As we had no subs, I had to hobble into goal second half. Ref did nothing.

However, I got reprimanded for taking a goal kick from the wrong place and swearing too much. The ref, 18 years old said, don't expect me to respect you if you use that language. I said I dont want your fecking respect you cant, I just want you to get your decisions right. He wasn't impressed, but I was lucky, a couple of weeks ago, he sent off my youngest for saying the word "wicked'! (they were arguing and the ref said say one more word and you are off, my lad said wicked and he got sent off)

Seriously, my point is most refs are jobs worths as Atkinson proved yesterday. I know it is a thankless task, but to do the job it seems you have to have a common sense bypass in your DNA.

Ps we won our first match for quite a while 3–1!

The bloke that went through you sounds like me ,2 out of 3 isn't bad as I've lost a stone and a half!

Our van driver reffed up to Championship level and the first thing he said Monday morning was 1st ,offence no way a yellow and 2nd offence yes.Was a penalty in his eyes.

Ps we had a thread years ago " my mates the ref tonight" who had a shocker and the OP was given some Sh!t.

THIS WAS NOT MY COLLEAGUE FOR THE RECORD

Yeah it's shit

Wing Sun isn't too bad*, but I'll agree it's not as good as Happy Garden.

*I'd like to point out I don't live in Thurmaston anymore, and only have a Chinese there if I'm at my Mum's and we've mostly used Happy Garden. So if Wing Sun has gone monumentally shit then fair enough.