Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Recovering with some booze having had the poo kicked out of me at six side football outdoor on a half football pitch.

Inside two minutes, I was shielding the ball when an 18 stone 6' 4" cant steamed though the back of me, studded me down the back of my right leg, then kneecapped my thigh giving me a deadleg. As we had no subs, I had to hobble into goal second half. Ref did nothing.

However, I got reprimanded for taking a goal kick from the wrong place and swearing too much. The ref, 18 years old said, don't expect me to respect you if you use that language. I said I dont want your fecking respect you cant, I just want you to get your decisions right. He wasn't impressed, but I was lucky, a couple of weeks ago, he sent off my youngest for saying the word "wicked'! (they were arguing and the ref said say one more word and you are off, my lad said wicked and he got sent off)

Seriously, my point is most refs are jobs worths as Atkinson proved yesterday. I know it is a thankless task, but to do the job it seems you have to have a common sense bypass in your DNA.

Ps we won our first match for quite a while 3–1!

I've never seen a referee who doesn't look like he's been bullied at school and wants to use a little bit of power to get his own back. At uni we don't have a ref for 5 and 6 a-side and it works really well. There's no petty decisions and both teams seem to respect each other more.

Found out today some low life has stolen the charity box for Wishes4Kids from the Globe again. Its been about a year since the last time. Sean Kirk who does a lot of work for them is fuming. He has contacted the police and informed the Mercury. He said it is not just that charity but wants people to know about other donations stolen and make people aware of the affect it has on the ones the charity helps.

He is also a big City fan. He is in the Mercury re superstitions before games. His is rubbing a mini toy bike before the game.

Is that a euphemism?

Someone asked that on Facebook.

It's as likely the poor bugger froze to death.

I passed a couple of homeless people today and and thought how awful it must be for them. I was walking so cannot imagine how it is sitting still just in light clothing. Even in the summer it would not be good. I could not stand it. Better off dead than live like that. I'm lucky that I have family and friends I can turn to and know where to go to for help.

Someone asked that on Facebook.

I passed a couple of homeless people today and and thought how awful it must be for them. I was walking so cannot imagine how it is sitting still just in light clothing. Even in the summer it would not be good. I could not stand it. Better off dead than live like that. I'm lucky that I have family and friends I can turn to and know where to go to for help.

Yeah.

Count your blessings, Rince.

Edited by Buce

It's baffling really that anyone would just live on the street rather than just visit the relevant authorities and have the housing association find them somewhere, won't be perfect bit it's surely better than being on a pavement.

I really don't understand it.

It's baffling really that anyone would just live on the street rather than just visit the relevant authorities and have the housing association find them somewhere, won't be perfect bit it's surely better than being on a pavement.

I really don't understand it.

Housing Associations have long waiting lists, Matt, and single men are not prioritized for help. Hostels are an option, I guess.

Also, you're looking at it from the point of view of someone who has (I assume) good mental health. A lot of homeless people don't.

Hostels or Shelters I was talking about.

Just having a look at ones in Leicester, between November and March they are free and open to all, just two conditions, one you get there on time, the other you aren't pissed.

It does seem easy if you think either and or. But it is not as simple as that. First there has to be accommodation available. Then a person has to meet a certain criteria. A person has to have been resident in the area or this country for a number of years. They have to know where to go. To obtain a rented property a lot of landlords want the person to have a steady job. Casual or part time may not be good enough. To get a job an employer may require a permanent address. There are many reasons why a person may be homeless. Some self inflicted some not. Sometimes a combination of things.

But I have gone over all this before and do not want several pages discussing it.

Hostels or Shelters I was talking about.

Just having a look at ones in Leicester, between November and March they are free and open to all, just two conditions, one you get there on time, the other you aren't pissed.

There's your answer, Matt. A lot of homeless people are alcoholic, probably how they ended up homeless in the first place.

There but for grace of God etc.

Awful day today.

I've had to spend the afternoon comforting my 5yr old daughter. Her friend came over to play, we've known the family for a few years now, and we know she is quite naughty.

Well, last week I bought some Guinea pigs for my daughter. They were babies, very cute.

Her friend picked one up in each hand and squeezed them to death. In front of my daughter, who was pleading her to stop.

I'm so furious at the other kid and so sad for my daughter.

When I was called to come and see what had happened, I found my daughter cuddling her favourite. She said she was trying to make it 'come back'. Poor girl is devastated. I hope she isn't traumatised and too deeply affected.

Now i can't sleep because my mind is spinning about how much we'll have to pay for therapy when she is 15 and recalling how her pets were killed.

Awful day today.

I've had to spend the afternoon comforting my 5yr old daughter. Her friend came over to play, we've known the family for a few years now, and we know she is quite naughty.

Well, last week I bought some Guinea pigs for my daughter. They were babies, very cute.

Her friend picked one up in each hand and squeezed them to death. In front of my daughter, who was pleading her to stop.

I'm so furious at the other kid and so sad for my daughter.

When I was called to come and see what had happened, I found my daughter cuddling her favourite. She said she was trying to make it 'come back'. Poor girl is devastated. I hope she isn't traumatised and too deeply affected.

Now i can't sleep because my mind is spinning about how much we'll have to pay for therapy when she is 15 and recalling how her pets were killed.

That's pretty dark, if any child needs or will need therapy its not yours.

That's pretty dark, if any child needs or will need therapy its not yours.

It is pretty chilling.

I agree, I do think their daughter will need therapy in the future. I don't think they discipline her well enough, and she is very naughty. However, she was upset when I got there, but I wasn't sure if it was just because the Nanny told her off.

Is it bad that I wish my daughter had punched the other girl in the face?

Jesus, MC, that's well beyond naughty - that's psychopathic.

I hope your daughter will be ok.

Thanks Buce

I'm glad people don't think I'm overreacting. I've never seen such heartbreak from her before. Breaks mine as her Dad.

What do we do about this family though? My daughter goes horse riding with the girl on Mondays, they come over on Tuesdays and she goes to theirs on Fridays. My wife and I don't think the girl is a good friend or influence on our daughter. But we like the parents and we don't want them to think we think they are crap parents with a psycho child (she is). Our daughter has to come first though, so I think just the horse riding and we find new people to hangout with.

MC that is horrific! How can someone of that age go through with something like that or even contemplate it. I do worry for future generations when children so young are becoming so psychopathic.

I must just say, I don't know if she intended to kill them, but she certainly knew she was hurting them, they would have been squeaking and squirming. Plus my daughter telling her to stop. Must have been horrific for my girl.

I'm so angry.