Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I must just say, I don't know if she intended to kill them, but she certainly knew she was hurting them, they would have been squeaking and squirming. Plus my daughter telling her to stop. Must have been horrific for my girl.

I'm so angry.

Not suprised. What did the parents say?

Not suprised. What did the parents say?

They apologised profusely. They say they weren't surprised unfortunately as she squeezes their cats, but they are obviously too big to be killed. I said I am not surprised either, because she is naughty.

They offered to buy replacements. They want their daughter to use her money from doing chores. I don't want her to buy them, she'll probably think they are hers and boss my daughter around.

Funny thing is, they are all vegetarians and make a massive fuss about it. Well, tomorrow I'm going to eat a cow to make me feel better.

That's a strange kid MC. Really feel for your daughter, I remember having a hamster back in the day, kept escaping from its cage and eventually one day the cat had it. That was awful itself, yet alone having to watch someone crush it :(

Are you still in Botswana these days? It's hard to keep up sometimes!

That's a strange kid MC. Really feel for your daughter, I remember having a hamster back in the day, kept escaping from its cage and eventually one day the cat had it. That was awful itself, yet alone having to watch someone crush it :(

Are you still in Botswana these days? It's hard to keep up sometimes!

Zambia but close enough!!

Yep, she is an odd one. I'll let you all know how my daughter gets on. Time to sleep. It's very late here.

Awful day today.

I've had to spend the afternoon comforting my 5yr old daughter. Her friend came over to play, we've known the family for a few years now, and we know she is quite naughty.

Well, last week I bought some Guinea pigs for my daughter. They were babies, very cute.

Her friend picked one up in each hand and squeezed them to death. In front of my daughter, who was pleading her to stop.

I'm so furious at the other kid and so sad for my daughter.

When I was called to come and see what had happened, I found my daughter cuddling her favourite. She said she was trying to make it 'come back'. Poor girl is devastated. I hope she isn't traumatised and too deeply affected.

Now i can't sleep because my mind is spinning about how much we'll have to pay for therapy when she is 15 and recalling how her pets were killed.

That's awful, actually made me feel a bit sick thinking about it. Hope the girl realises just how bad that is and learns a lesson.

Hope your daughter is ok.

Thanks Buce

I'm glad people don't think I'm overreacting. I've never seen such heartbreak from her before. Breaks mine as her Dad.

What do we do about this family though? My daughter goes horse riding with the girl on Mondays, they come over on Tuesdays and she goes to theirs on Fridays. My wife and I don't think the girl is a good friend or influence on our daughter. But we like the parents and we don't want them to think we think they are crap parents with a psycho child (she is). Our daughter has to come first though, so I think just the horse riding and we find new people to hangout with.

So sorry to hear this merging , it is hard but someone like that is better not in their lives. We had to make a choice with my son and his friend , his friend was not a good influence and even though he hated us for a few days he soon came around and accepted the fact. 

The thing that is scary is if she can do that to the animals what could she do to your daughter in a temper or mood ? x 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Awful day today.

I've had to spend the afternoon comforting my 5yr old daughter. Her friend came over to play, we've known the family for a few years now, and we know she is quite naughty.

Well, last week I bought some Guinea pigs for my daughter. They were babies, very cute.

Her friend picked one up in each hand and squeezed them to death. In front of my daughter, who was pleading her to stop.

When I was called to come and see what had happened, I found my daughter cuddling her favourite. She said she was trying to make it 'come back'. Poor girl is devastated. I hope she isn't traumatised and too deeply affected.

Now i can't sleep because my mind is spinning about how much we'll have to pay for therapy when she is 15 and recalling how her pets were killed.

Christ almighty! Have you told the kids parents and are they bothered? I don't exaggerate when I say this is how psychopathy can start. When at a young age, there is no feeling for the welfare, pain, life of other things...In this case, animals. Is the friend 5 too? And are they still friends?

Good luck with how you manage this mate.

Guest Col city fan

That's how psychopaths start. You want to keep your daughter away from her MC.

An extreme example, I know (and I'm not making ANY similarities with this situation), but did you ever read any of the James Bolger case? The kids involved in torturing him were seemingly unable to appreciate the pain and suffering they were inflicting. I think they'd been playing video games as though they were real? As in, actually believing this. And were unable to show any remorse. Chilling stuff.

So sorry to hear this merging , it is hard but someone like that is better not in their lives. We had to make a choice with my son and his friend , his friend was not a good influence and even though he hated us for a few days he soon came around and accepted the fact. 

The thing that is scary is if she can do that to the animals what could she do to your daughter in a temper or mood ? x 

That's what we are worried about. From what we now understand she pushes other kids off the climbing frame and is very rough. We have a swimming pool in the yard, it is fenced and locked, but she strikes me as the type of kid who would break in and then push a kid in the pool to see what happens. She won't be coming over again. It is hard to discuss with the parents, but I think they will understand that it isn't a knee jerk reaction.

Christ almighty! Have you told the kids parents and are they bothered? I don't exaggerate when I say this is how psychopathy can start. When at a young age, there is no feeling for the welfare, pain, life of other things...In this case, animals. Is the friend 5 too? And are they still friends?

Good luck with how you manage this mate.

That's how psychopaths start. You want to keep your daughter away from her MC.

The psycho diagnosis definitely seems to be the consensus amongst you lot, other friends and my family. Hopefully the family heed the warnings.

Awful day today.

Horrific, sorry to hear she had to suffer through it,  I hope you can help your daughter deal with it.

The "friend" needs help.

An extreme example, I know (and I'm not making ANY similarities with this situation), but did you ever read any of the James Bolger case? The kids involved in torturing him were seemingly unable to appreciate the pain and suffering they were inflicting. I think they'd been playing video games as though they were real? As in, actually believing this. And were unable to show any remorse. Chilling stuff.

That's my fear, as I was checking the pool lock this morning, all I could think about was that case. She is a dominant leader, and my daughter is quite quiet and would probably follow her. I could see her leading my daughter in to danger. So, definitely nipping this 'friendship' in the bud quickly.

Horrific, sorry to hear she had to suffer through it,  I hope you can help your daughter deal with it.

The "friend" needs help.

I picked up a new guinea pig to surprise her when I pick her up from school. Hopefully that will help my daughter. And we have a previously arranged dinner with her parents on Friday, so I think we will discuss some of our concerns with them then. I am not a confrontational person, he Dad is quite an 'alpha' vocal male, so it will be interesting. I know I can take him though :)

We were in a similar situation with a friend of our daughter, and we had to make the same difficult choice. We even told the school to keep them apart. The parents never spoke to us again but it was the right decision - last year their daughter (aged11) set fire to their house.

• Like 2

Know I'm echoing what a lot of others have already said, but that's pretty textbook start of psychopathy, MC. And her parents need to be told this by someone (of course it doesn't have to be you, though) so they can help the girl out before it gets much worse.

Reading that made me shudder. If she'll do that to guinea pigs now, what would she do further down the line?

• Like 1

What an awful story.

As Buce says I'd keep them apart, if she can do things like that now with seemingly no emotion I think it's pretty much assured she'll be committing some horrific acts in the future.

It is pretty chilling.

I agree, I do think their daughter will need therapy in the future. I don't think they discipline her well enough, and she is very naughty. However, she was upset when I got there, but I wasn't sure if it was just because the Nanny told her off.

Is it bad that I wish my daughter had punched the other girl in the face?

That child does need help and quickly ...   the first thing that is shown in psychopathic killers (as some have already said) is cruelty to animals ..   and you can't get much crueler than that !  

Make sure your child has no contact with her whatsoever.   Hopefully she is young enough (yours), that it won't scar her in later life.

• Like 1

We were in a similar situation with a friend of our daughter, and we had to make the same difficult choice. We even told the school to keep them apart. The parents never spoke to us again but it was the right decision - last year their daughter (aged11) set fire to their house.

Flipping heck! That is scary. Definitely taking your advice.

at 5 she may remember. my 5 year old remembers stuff from when she was 3. 

that kid however needs sorting. tell the parents, hell i would ****ing bill them for the animals and contact authorities for animal cruelty. but then again my anxiety wouldnt have let me sleep at night either and i would have over thought it. 

• Like 1

I know it's the proper thing to do to watch out for your daughters interests first and formost but you should reiterate to the parents that their daughter is showing signs of mental illness. Understand it's difficult to talk to other parents about their children about how they should be raised, though.

Sounds like a perfect way to remove them from your life, 2 birds one stone, for want of a better metaphor.

Edited by Beliall

I know it's the proper thing to do to watch out for your daughters interests first and formost but you should reiterate to the parents that their daughter is showing signs of mental illness. Understand it's difficult to talk to other parents about their children about how they should be raised, though.

Was going to post similar, however it's a difficult path to tread. Although parent's usually want the best for the child it can be a hard pill to swallow if someone believes your child is mentally ill, especially the stigma around psychopathy. But snipping it in the bud this early could be crucial. Good luck MC!