Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Sounds like a perfect way to remove them from your life, 2 birds one stone, for want of a better metaphor.

Don't think they'll take your advice if they think your an interfering cvnt. Don't disregard he fact that their is a mentally fragile young girl at the centre of this, they may react badly whatever is said but if MC is going to have the discussion he should keep the parents on side for as long as possible.

• Like 1

Is one parent more understanding than the other? Maybe the father over a drink. Say you are worried about their child.

I know it is slightly off subject but in the film the boy was five and viewed the room he was raised in as the world. When faced with he outside he found it hard to adjust. Your daughter's friend seems to be in a world of her own and needs help in readjusting.

How are the parents with her?  Strict, easy going? That could also affect a person at a young age..

• Like 1

Flipping heck! That is scary. Definitely taking your advice.

I don't envy you for having such a difficult situation to deal with, MC. Anyone who says being a parent is easy is either lying or childless.

Making tough decisions is what seperates the good parents from the bad.

• Like 1

I know it's the proper thing to do to watch out for your daughters interests first and formost but you should reiterate to the parents that their daughter is showing signs of mental illness. Understand it's difficult to talk to other parents about their children about how they should be raised, though.

i wouldnt use the word mental illness. i would say "its not right she has done this" however. if they say it is then its a nurture problem. 

Hopefully this little guy will make her smile! Can't wait to pick her up from school.

6a304c171bfae1d4f60a606bcfd0cb73.jpg

bless! 

if your daughter needs another friend let me know and you can have my 5 year old girl visit! she wont crush it to death thats for sure, if anything she wont stop stroking it until it takes her finger off! 

• Like 1

If the kid's already that screwed up she probably has done it herself.

Her mum says she does squeeze the cats and her baby (6 months!) sister... but they are apparently too big to die!

bless! 

if your daughter needs another friend let me know and you can have my 5 year old girl visit! she wont crush it to death thats for sure, if anything she wont stop stroking it until it takes her finger off! 

Haha! We'll take her on a safari!

Wing Sun isn't too bad*, but I'll agree it's not as good as Happy Garden.

*I'd like to point out I don't live in Thurmaston anymore, and only have a Chinese there if I'm at my Mum's and we've mostly used Happy Garden. So if Wing Sun has gone monumentally shit then fair enough.

I was talking about Thurmaston House in the village lol

Wing Sun is alright

It is pretty chilling.

I agree, I do think their daughter will need therapy in the future. I don't think they discipline her well enough, and she is very naughty. However, she was upset when I got there, but I wasn't sure if it was just because the Nanny told her off.

Is it bad that I wish my daughter had punched the other girl in the face?

Torturing and killing animals is a classic early sign of psychopathy.

Like, page one of a first year psych textbook.

Avoid.

lol I just read the rest of the thread at everyone else saying the same haha.

always thought it was a cliche in like a film that you kill the family pet as a kid then end up mike myers

It's a cliché in story telling but it's based on reality. It's a very common behaviour in young children who are psychopathic, even those that don't go on to be murderous or violent.

It's my personal recommendation that everyone in life (and I'm being very serious) read The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout.

It'll amaze you how many of your coworkers you'll start diagnosing.

It's a cliché in story telling but it's based on reality. It's a very common behaviour in young children who are psychopathic, even those that don't go on to be murderous or violent.

It's my personal recommendation that everyone in life (and I'm being very serious) read The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout.

fantastic book. blew my mind reading it at uni

i can't read