Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Perhaps that's the sort of underlying attitude they identified as to why you got weeded out

Trying to make light of the situation with a tongue in cheek comment, but yeah, thanks for reminding me. I'll make sure to take a long hard look at myself.

Just seen the Flying Scotsman on the East Coast Mainline. Absolutely beautiful sight. Waited about an hour and a quarter before she passed through. Stopped for water and then stopped on a red light so got many wonderful pictures. Failed with a video as I didn't want to risk dropping my camera.

Was on a footbridge but missed it on my camera as I was that amazed with it. As it stopped for water I walked parallel to the track to get closer shots. Many people already at the front of the fence so I scaled it instead. Managed to sit on top of fencing which opens so I had no fence in my photos as it passed. Wonderful sight.

I'd start a train thread but I doubt there's too many people that share an interest here. 

• Like 1

Just seen the Flying Scotsman on the East Coast Mainline. Absolutely beautiful sight. Waited about an hour and a quarter before she passed through. Stopped for water and then stopped on a red light so got many wonderful pictures. Failed with a video as I didn't want to risk dropping my camera.

Was on a footbridge but missed it on my camera as I was that amazed with it. As it stopped for water I walked parallel to the track to get closer shots. Many people already at the front of the fence so I scaled it instead. Managed to sit on top of fencing which opens so I had no fence in my photos as it passed. Wonderful sight.

I'd start a train thread but I doubt there's too many people that share an interest here. 

I'd join that thead

• Like 1

The new gaffer at the Salmon never  lasted long. Found out he was completely new to the trade and made some mistakes. One being setting fire to some bins. John Davis from the Kings is in charge at the moment. He said he likes the place so don't know if it will be permanent. They are both Black Country Ale pubs. Off down there now.

setting fire to some bins. what a basic mistake.

literally i know nothing about running a boozer but what i do know is that settin fire to some bins just isn't on

Somebody told me last night that the Hobby Horse in Syston is closing. Has anyone else heard anything?

will you miss it?

setting fire to some bins. what a basic mistake.

literally i know nothing about running a boozer but what i do know is that settin fire to some bins just isn't on

will you miss it?

Not really,it must be 5-10 years since I've been in, it's crap in there. I just wondered what was happening to the site, it's just round the corner to me.

Had 3 evictions to carry out today at work. Heard a report that one of the tenants tried to commit suicide last night.

Turns out the family of the tenant (who was not at the property at the time) made that excuse up in order to cancel the eviction. 

God forbid they don't actually have to go through a real suicide, least of all a family member doing it. Horrible thing to make up. Especially when there were other options available to avoid the eviction going ahead.

Somebody told me last night that the Hobby Horse in Syston is closing. Has anyone else heard anything?

Apparently it rarely gets busy there now, and standards gone downhill in general

Won't really miss it, and hope a decent pub chain takes over - if that's what's happening.

Not really,it must be 5-10 years since I've been in, it's crap in there. I just wondered what was happening to the site, it's just round the corner to me.

i imagine another chain would take it over or maybe smash it down and turn it into an office block perhaps?

Apparently it rarely gets busy there now, and standards gone downhill in general

Won't really miss it, and hope a decent pub chain takes over - if that's what's happening.

last time i went in (around 4 years ago i think) the food was terrible, cold, slow to be served. but it is a fayre and squayre pub so what did i expect?

Syston has a lack of decent pubs imo.

Syston has a lack of decent anything. Horrible place that needs bombing imo.

Today's catch chip shop.

Ermmmmmmmm the village bakery

Errrrrmmmmmmm the new roundabout system which is in no way confusing or a ridiculous waste of money.

The fact Webbo and Wymse both live there

The fact I don't live there but am still clinging on

• Like 2

Today's catch chip shop.

Ermmmmmmmm the village bakery

Errrrrmmmmmmm the new roundabout system which is in no way confusing or a ridiculous waste of money.

The fact Webbo and Wymse both live there

The fact I don't live there but am still clinging on

This man speaks the truth, especially about the roundabout.