Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

If they offer you the job, could you not just ask if they would be willing to wait a little? I took voluntary redundancy last May but had to stay there until October. I was offered a new position with 6 weeks still to go of my leaving date and they were willing to wait it out.

Turns out it was a shithole anyway so am at a different place now, but if they are really interested in you I feel there's no harm in asking. They may be understanding.

Is it at Bromford Industries by any chance?

no its Babcocks. If I get to an interview stage I will ask the question. Will see how it goes

I was going to say the same thing. If redundancy takes effect in April that is only 4/5 weeks away and you have to have an interview along with other candidates possibly. That may only leave a fortnight. It would be a shame to leave with a short time to go.

Could you not book a holiday for those weeks and tell the new place you need the time to sort things out. Bank accounts etc.

Ive spoke to a colleague that has said that voluntary wont kick in until at least July so that has made my mind up. Also our yearly bonus has been brought forward to April instead of July so everyone gets it before redundancies start. I wasn't aware of that so happy days.

No idea what that is and i'm afraid to google it but it sounds gnarly.

Certainly was. Basically think of gagging and feeling like you're gonna vomit for about 3 mins constantly.

The good thing is that the procedure doesn't last long at all.

Had my technical interview this morning over the phone. Think it went well, should near back in the next two weeks.

The guy who interviewed me works for IBM down in Southampton, but apparently is from Birstall - literally 5 mins walk from where I grew up. Small world.

Nice surprise last night at Blood Bowl.. One of the regulars had bought my two poetry books from Amazon and asked me to sign them. I did not even know there had been that many sold. I do not check very often and royalties are only added after a certain amount.

• Like 1

I went to my sons special nursery last night where we had a meeting with a speaker to talk about Conductive Education. Anybody ever heard of it? Its not a well known thing but has been around for years. Its a method of education that allows children/adults with disabilities to reach their full potential. It was very informative and opens your eyes a bit to the difficulties a lot of people with disabilities face when it comes to learning tasks.

My son is doing Conductive Education now and quite frankly it needs to be rolled out on a much larger scale. Only 40 centres in Britain do Conductive Education which is sad when we see so many physiotherapists (a lot of physios don't like CE but that's another matter) cant apply their skills on a regular basis due to NHS budget restrictions. Too many organisations focus heavily on the health side of a disability and parents/carers get told all sorts of things that makes you believe that that person will say never walk so they don't try. CE focuses a lot on the education side in that through play and doing things that help to stimulate the brain it can cause the brain to reconfigure itself so as things like walking can actually be achieved.

Since my son has started going to STEPS he has really began to come out of his shell. Much more expressive and their are real signs of improvement. I am massively confident that my son will walk and talk etc and that is down to his CE education. That's not disregarding the fine work his physio does. Ashtons physio is wonderful but their is such a divide between CE and the other organisations that CE is overlooked. If CE was more mainstream and worked in conjunction with Physiotherapy then people with disabilities would have an even greater chance to fulfil their potential.

Sorry to bore you all I went off on a tangent there. If anybody is interested I would have a google search for conductive education. The conductors who use this methodology are so underrated. They say that soon CE will become more important in the eyes of the nation as years go on and hopefully will get funding rather than be a charity.

Here's hoping

Edit - Oh and my day is going well as its Friday. Roll on 3pm

Edited by kingcarr21
  • Like 1

Nice surprise last night at Blood Bowl.. One of the regulars had bought my two poetry books from Amazon and asked me to sign them. I did not even know there had been that many sold. I do not check very often and royalties are only added after a certain amount.

you're a celebrity now rince!

Got my end date for my current job now - 29th March. Don't quite get the sense in putting it there, the first day back after the easter weekend, but hey ho, just means I've got 24 days to find something else. 

Also got asked to wait after work on Thursday so one of the bosses could have a chat with me and thank me for being professional about it and just carrying on doing what I was doing (turning up early and leaving late to ensure the days work actually got done). Surprises me that me carrying on doing my job while in my notice period is considered noteworthy tbh.

Surprises me that me carrying on doing my job while in my notice period is considered noteworthy

Surprises me that it surprises you Doc ...   unfortunately the opposite is now more often the norm.

Good luck in the new one when you get it !!    :thumbup:

So I was at work last night, and a lad comes to the bar going on about me being a Leicester fan. I asked him how he knew and apparently my supervisor had told him the week before, anyway they started asking for 'Vardy Bombs' (blue WKD with Jäger bombed in).

This lad started telling me he loved Leicester but was a Tottenham fan, I said how come you love Leicester, and he goes "oh my dad used to play for Leicester".

Turns out this guy is only the son of Tommy Bloody Wright! In honour of his dad I gave him his round on the house. Then, just before closing, he comes up to me again and shows me his phone, a message off his dad, thanking us for sorting his lad out, up the city etc. He'd bank transferred him £50 to stick in the tip jar as well, absolutely surreal!

sound that

So I was at work last night, and a lad comes to the bar going on about me being a Leicester fan. I asked him how he knew and apparently my supervisor had told him the week before, anyway they started asking for 'Vardy Bombs' (blue WKD with Jäger bombed in).

This lad started telling me he loved Leicester but was a Tottenham fan, I said how come you love Leicester, and he goes "oh my dad used to play for Leicester".

Turns out this guy is only the son of Tommy Bloody Wright! In honour of his dad I gave him his round on the house. Then, just before closing, he comes up to me again and shows me his phone, a message off his dad, thanking us for sorting his lad out, up the city etc. He'd bank transferred him £50 to stick in the tip jar as well, absolutely surreal!

decent story

The bloke is a hero.

Idiot son.

Went to see the head yesterday( our request) due to his "school is party time "attitude .Not a bad kid really,and his heart is in the right place but it turns out you get naughty boy points for misdemeanours( 1 for each).He has amassed 104 since September!90% talking,chewing gum,uniform violations being late by a few minutes.Now if you get a certain amount a week you get put in isolation for a day and he then seems to " rage against the machine" and prat about more.

All the teachers said he is a nice lad and clever but lets himself down for being some sort of comedian and class clown of which we have hopefully persuaded him to cease.Time will tell.

His latest was after isolation when you have to fill in some sort of form where you gave to say when you will behave,who can help,what you want as a reward( no I can't believe it either) if you behave and then sign it.

His answers

When will you behave?100th Birthday give or take a year.

What reward would you like for behaving? Wait for it.........Maybe a lap dance or two!!!

Signed Badman 3000 hell yeah!!!

What a knob.

Grounded again.How I kept a straight face for the lap dance one I don't know.