Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Congratulations, what are they - early twenties?

May them stay happy together for a long time.

My daughter is 27... her partner is 24

Congrats to the happy couple Oz. Were you the vicar and father of the bride? How did that work?

lol Definitely not a vicar... i couldnt be less religious if you beat me to death with jesus,  

I am a Civil Celebrant, so legally allowed to marry people outside of the church rules, but in keeping with the government Marriage act.

• Like 1

Busy day yesterday. Went for a ride in a monster truck and off roading. Good fun. Then went home to get ready before getting the tram into Nottingham and going Hooters, not as good as I was expecting. Half the girls had no arse to fill those hot pants but there was 2 girls who were incredible. Food is ridiculously expensive for what it is. Watched the 2nd half of the Man U West Ham game in their though. Then went onto the Motorpoint arena to see Ellie Goulding in concert. Decent enough.

All in all a nice day just me and the wife. Always good to get away and do something just the 2 of us. Didn't get home till gone midnight so im tired today. Roll on getting a nandos takeaway before watching the mighty foxes.

Thank you all. It was a beautiful day, more than a little unusual, but that was to be expected.

Two very happy young folk and  some very proud parents.

Appreciate the good wishes :)

and yes, i am now holy, so beware else i will....strike down upon thee with great vengance and furious anger!!  :)  

6543_10208915542748110_60267420708748037

Congratulations Oz..

I'm sure many are thinking it but probably afraid to ask, but is it common in same sex marriages, women in particular, for there to be a clear difference between a masculine and feminine partner? In your photo, for instance, how did they decide on who was wearing a whistle and who would wear the frock? Is it typical of their relationship, for example?

I have limited knowledge of lesbians other than I used to work with one years ago that looked like Phil Gee. Her partner was very feminine too.

Guest MattP

Congratulations Oz..

I'm sure many are thinking it but probably afraid to ask, but is it common in same sex marriages, women in particular, for there to be a clear difference between a masculine and feminine partner? In your photo, for instance, how did they decide on who was wearing a whistle and who would wear the frock? Is it typical of their relationship, for example?

I went to a lesbian wedding last year and one of them wore a suit and the other a dress, I think it's fairly common now.

Congratulations Oz..

I have limited knowledge of lesbians other than I used to work with one years ago that looked like Phil Gee. Her partner was very feminine too.

Thanks very much :)

Im not sure i can speak for "most" or for whats typical in gay relationships, but i can give what i have noticed from my duaghter and her friends.

My daughters partner is quite "gender fluid" and is not 100% sure whether they (i use they instead of he/she as they do not feel binary) are male or female, when my daughter fell in love with them, they were presenting as female, currently they are presenting as male, but in truth i think they are still not 100%

Looking at my daughters friends many of whom are gay, the relationships dont seem to be masculine/feminine, there are some which are both appear very fem..some that fit the stereotypical  masculine image and then those that are either or.

In the end ive come to the conclusion that there is no "this or that".... there is a scale and we all fit on it somewhere.

Sorry if that doesnt make much sense, its really difficult to put into the written word.

I had been asked in the past... who's the man and who's the woman in the relationship and i was given a what i think is a very clear answer, its a bit like asking a pair of chopsticks... which one is the fork?

:)

• Like 4

Thanks very much :)

Im not sure i can speak for "most" or for whats typical in gay relationships, but i can give what i have noticed from my duaghter and her friends.

My daughters partner is quite "gender fluid" and is not 100% sure whether they (i use they instead of he/she as they do not feel binary) are male or female, when my daughter fell in love with them, they were presenting as female, currently they are presenting as male, but in truth i think they are still not 100%

Looking at my daughters friends many of whom are gay, the relationships dont seem to be masculine/feminine, there are some which are both appear very fem..some that fit the stereotypical masculine image and then those that are either or.

In the end ive come to the conclusion that there is no "this or that".... there is a scale and we all fit on it somewhere.

Sorry if that doesnt make much sense, its really difficult to put into the written word.

I had been asked in the past... who's the man and who's the woman in the relationship and i was given a what i think is a very clear answer, its a bit like asking a pair of chopsticks... which one is the fork?

:)

Careful oz, you'll have the gender essentialists jumping on you before you know it for that!

And congratulations to your daughter and her partner.

• Like 1

Guest CityFan 06

Has anyone done an apprenticeship at a particular company before? What is it like? Thinking of applying soon but would like to hear thoughts of anyone who is in an apprenticeship now or has been previously.

I was thinking about it, but slightly concerned I was over-qualified (degree) and am 24 (think Apprenticeships are only for 16-24 iirc).

Seems the way to go, with Cameron wanting more of it to be happening nationally.

The pro's are that you can learn 'on the job', get paid and earn qualifications (level 3/5?).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Guest Mee-9

Has anyone done an apprenticeship at a particular company before? What is it like? Thinking of applying soon but would like to hear thoughts of anyone who is in an apprenticeship now or has been previously.

My brother did an apprenticeship at a school as an IT Technician when he was 17. He left college and started out on about £3.50 an hour. Now he's 20 and he's just accepted a job which will earn him 25k a year. 

Apprenticeships are great for industry based people, I'm at university and I'm now starting to believe I've thrown 40 odd grand now the shitter, and should have got an apprenticeship. 

Ps: It's national apprenticeship week. So get looking! 

Here's my story.

I was working at the Gynsills. 19 years old. Shit money, shit hours etc. I had previously done a BTEC intermediate in Engineering at college so had that qualification.

My girlfriend at the time (now my wife) was looking for a new job and heard of the jobs fair at the Walkers Stadium so I took her there. We went around and didn't find anything. As we were about to leave I said lets go around again, the first stall was for the ECITB (Engineering Construction Industry Training Board). I thought hey I have a qualification so why not look at it. The guy said to me that they were looking for new guys to go into an Engineering Apprenticeship and with my qualification I would be guaranteed a place (they were taking on people with no qualifications anyway).

So i went for it and i got it. Spent my first year in Southampton (mon-fri) then after that i started work for Alstom Power as an Apprentice Mechanical Fitter working on Steam/Gas turbines.

I completed my 4 year apprenticeship and continued to work on site. Problem was it was a single mans game, with me having a girlfriend and daughter it was hard to be away from home for so long. In the end my manager got me a job in the planning Department which is where i have been for close to 3 years. 

Currently i am on over £30k a year (work in Rugby, live in Glenfield) and this afternoon im going to an interview for a planning job closer to home at £43k a year.

Now i guess my apprenticeship isn't in the field of planning BUT if i didn't go for it in the first place i may very well still be at Gynsills working silly hours for little money. Now im earning good money doing a 37 hour week with every weekend off.

It took a few years to see major benefits of the apprenticeship as the money was very low as an apprentice. Its worth it in the long run though. My engineering background has put me in good stead within the planning set up as it is good background knowledge. An apprenticeship can and will open up many career paths.

I am so happy i decided to go around the job fair again all those years ago. God knows where i would be now.

All in all, an apprenticeship is hard work, getting by financially is a struggle at first but in the years to come you will be so happy you did it. I know i am

• Like 2

Not strictly my day but it seems the best place to put it.

My daughter just came home with the news that Filbert Fox visited her school today with the Premiership Trophy!

She had her picture taken with both. :D

• Like 2

Not strictly my day but it seems the best place to put it.

My daughter just came home with the news that Filbert Fox visited her school today with the Premiership Trophy!

She had her picture taken with both. :D

That's great.

Probably stored in our trophy cabinet already. :whistle:

I was going to ask - does it stay with the current leaders?

I can imagine it, with the real thing being probably worth a bit in terms of value, being stored in a high-security place etc.

I've seen the PL trophy displayed on Match Of The Day most times, so I somewhat doubt Chelsea have it and they just have a replica one for security reasons. :dunno:

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I can imagine it, with the real thing being probably worth a bit in terms of value, being stored in a high-security place etc.

I've seen the PL trophy displayed on Match Of The Day most times, so I somewhat doubt Chelsea have it and they just have a replica one for security reasons. :dunno:

It was definitely the real one - it was protected by a security team at all times.

Guest CityFan 06

Thanks for everyone's thoughts regarding Apprenticeships, keep them coming if possible. I suppose ultimately the key is finding the right one which suits me, so I'm gonna have to research and consider carefully.

lol .... Filled up £20 worth of petrol after work and then realised I never take my wallet to work with me. No money, no bank card, no ID. I assured them I drive past the petrol station everyday and would have given them the money tomorrow morning but they wouldn't let me "in case I don't turn up".

Had to phone someone to pay over card for me. Had 10% battery too, it could have been a disaster.

Edited by Fox92

lol .... Filled up £20 worth of petrol after work and then realised I never take my wallet to work with me. No money, no bank card, no ID. I assured them I drive past the petrol station everyday and would have given them the money tomorrow morning but they wouldn't let me "in case I don't turn up".

Had to phone someone to pay over card for me. Had 10% battery too, it could have been a disaster.

Same has happened to me, I had to give the cashier my watch as collateral, as he wouldn't take a phone payment either

I'll be honest I'm struggling a bit tonight. I've been zen as fvck the last few weeks but I spoke to my Dad tonight and the enormity of what the club has achieved this season has got to me. How the hell are we supposed to get through the next month and a half?

I'll be honest I'm struggling a bit tonight. I've been zen as fvck the last few weeks but I spoke to my Dad tonight and the enormity of what the club has achieved this season has got to me. How the hell are we supposed to get through the next month and a half?

strip clubs and cocaine

• Like 1