Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Not sure if it'll be the same for your subject (mine is maths and stats so this sort of thing is normally simplified for us), but for my case it just involves going through previous studies / articles etc. and briefly describing them and their results, and how they relate to my topic.

So in mine, my study is investigating the link between socioeconomic status and children's physical activity levels, so I'm summarising papers which have already found links between specific factors so I can justify including them in any model I produce.

Okay so basically you are referring back to other people's work. Thank you for that!

Had my technical interview this morning over the phone. Think it went well, should near back in the next two weeks.

The guy who interviewed me works for IBM down in Southampton, but apparently is from Birstall - literally 5 mins walk from where I grew up. Small world.

Just seen this - the chap's name wasn't Alex by any chance was it? If so that's proper inception that

Top tip.    If you go to the Curve to watch  'An Inspector calls'  don't sit on the front row cus when they put the overhead sprinklers on as pretend rain you get very wet.

....   and the lead man gobs over you as he speaks as well.

....   and don't brag to your mate who is on Row J that you will be able to see up the ladies skirts, as, if he is a clever arse like my mate, he will point out that it is a period drama and you won't see anything.

Play weren't bad though.    :)

What a bitter sweet feeling to win an (albeit inconsequential) golf competition as one of my sporting heroes and contemporaries breathed his last.

A net 61 got me quite excited for the season ahead, but the Cruyff news only emphasised how important it is - and how grateful I am - to get out into the relaxed surroundings of a golf course (or wherever) while there's still chance.

The course will get it's own back for sure, but the fresh air and exercise remains precious beyond exaggeration.     

What a bitter sweet feeling to win an (albeit inconsequential) golf competition as one of my sporting heroes and contemporaries breathed his last.

A net 61 got me quite excited for the season ahead, but the Cruyff news only emphasised how important it is - and how grateful I am - to get out into the relaxed surroundings of a golf course (or wherever) while there's still chance.

The course will get it's own back for sure, but the fresh air and exercise remains precious beyond exaggeration.

Net 61?! Moustache, sombrero springs to mind!

• Like 1