Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest CityFan 06

Currently in the process of checking my apprenticeships applications, emails etc.

I've applied for five in total but I have submitted them too early. However, still hopeful for the best outcome, in terms of getting a good apprenticeship with good hours/right people etc.

Edited by LeicsFox06

see the whole world celebrating their 4 day weekend and ive got 4 more night shifts left. upsetting. 4 days in a row ill have to walk to work through town past everyone getting drunk having fun.

• Like 1

It's my youngest daughter's 18th birthday today. Just got back from town, had a meal at the Peking restaurant. I tried cuttlefish for the first time, meh.

Time to chuck her and any other remaining fledglings out of the nest and to get on with your second childhood.  :thumbup:

I've already told my (nearly) 12-year-old that she'll be getting a red card in 6 years time. She thinks that I'm joking!

Guest MattP

Good luck Alf, we are all pulling for you.

Just heard one of my oldest and closest friends has died.

Absolutely gutted.

So sorry to hear that Buce, that's absolutely awful.

Net 61?! Moustache, sombrero springs to mind!

That's what it felt like too at the time - but winter rules end at the weekend and, with the weather we're promised, I don't think the course will be long in making me pay!   :)       

Edited by Thracian

Finally got the date for my minor heart op today - late May, so 2 months off yet.

Am bizarrely delighted. I find uncertainty a lot tougher to deal with than difficult situations, particularly ones that I can plan for.

It's the same heart op that Blair had while in office (catheter ablation for atrial flutter) - and he was back at work 24 hours later....he might have had access to better healthcare than me, though!  :D

The odds are 90% of the op being successful, 50% of needing further treatment in the near future and 1% of something seriously bad happening.

Those odds sounds excellent until you realise that the odds of "something seriously bad happening" are 50 times greater than the pre-season odds on LCFC winning the league (100-1 v. 5000-1).  :o .....Nah! I'm an optimist, really.  :D

I wish you the very best.    

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Went out the last two night, absouletely ruined myself both nights.

I've spent all of this morning on the toilet so far. Too many Jagerbombs.

Finally got the date for my minor heart op today - late May, so 2 months off yet.

Am bizarrely delighted. I find uncertainty a lot tougher to deal with than difficult situations, particularly ones that I can plan for.

It's the same heart op that Blair had while in office (catheter ablation for atrial flutter) - and he was back at work 24 hours later....he might have had access to better healthcare than me, though!  :D

The odds are 90% of the op being successful, 50% of needing further treatment in the near future and 1% of something seriously bad happening.

Those odds sounds excellent until you realise that the odds of "something seriously bad happening" are 50 times greater than the pre-season odds on LCFC winning the league (100-1 v. 5000-1).  :o .....Nah! I'm an optimist, really.  :D

All the best, Alf. I'm sure it will go fine.