Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Is Ljubljana like the new Dubrovnik?

I didn't hear a single English accent there for the whole week if that's any indication. I'm not sure if it's because it's 'off season' but it was still very lively and the weather was gorgeous. Felt very relaxed and local if I'm honest.

Yeah, I did feel like the short amount of time we spent there on short notice and the lack of research could have been a factor. Don't think we'll be rushing back there but maybe one day.

On the other hand Ljubljana and Lake Bled were incredible, definitely heading back before the end of the year.

Make sure you go to Trieste and the area around Bohinj and Triglav.

Make sure you go to Trieste and the area around Bohinj and Triglav.

Bohinji is at the top of my list already as well as Kranjska Gora ;) We actually arrived in Ljubljana via Trieste and Venice, didn't get to see Trieste though as we hopped straight to Villa Opicina to get the train to Ljub, it did look lovely on the train in through the hills and past the bay.

Sorry to hear that Face.

Sorry for your loss, mate.

Sorry to hear of your dad's passing.

That's awful.

Feel for you, mate.

Thanks for the messages guys.

The worst part is I wanted to give my sister a hug when she called me, but she's 100 miles away.

Shit start to the day going back to this. The carers found him dead this morning. I feel a weird mix of emotions, I didn't have anything to do with him, but he's still my dad.

After the fall last week he had carers coming twice a day, cooking and cleaning him up and basically doing the basics. I went round Saturday with the brother in law to tidy up for him and make the house less hazardous, he was ill but not close to death.

Sorry to hear Facecloth.

Guest MattP

Shit start to the day going back to this. The carers found him dead this morning. I feel a weird mix of emotions, I didn't have anything to do with him, but he's still my dad.

After the fall last week he had carers coming twice a day, cooking and cleaning him up and basically doing the basics. I went round Saturday with the brother in law to tidy up for him and make the house less hazardous, he was ill but not close to death.

Sorry to hear that Facecloth, sounds terrible.

Bohinji is at the top of my list already as well as Kranjska Gora ;) We actually arrived in Ljubljana via Trieste and Venice, didn't get to see Trieste though as we hopped straight to Villa Opicina to get the train to Ljub, it did look lovely on the train in through the hills and past the bay.

That's a nice journey. I think Villa Opicina and the funicular was featured on the Michael Portillo railway series.

Like I said before you should go to an Osmica in the hills above Trieste next time, great place to get pissed with friends on a warm afternoon.

That's a nice journey. I think Villa Opicina and the funicular was featured on the Michael Portillo railway series.

Like I said before you should go to an Osmica in the hills above Trieste next time, great place to get pissed with friends on a warm afternoon.

We probably drove past it in the taxi haha. The train ride from Villa Opicina to Ljub is pretty scenic, not a bad two hours at all, would have been even better if the sun was out.

Sorry to hear that mate. Whether you got on or not it's always a shock.

got home last night, expecting a nice chilled night sicne we have spent the week moving from kegworth to Coalville (don't start!) and the mrs goes "you got to go out and pick some cats up! the landlord has said yes and we got a great deal!"

"err...ok...where?"
"nuneaton"

"....great...."

"and we have no cat carriers and they dont either...find some (its 8pm at this point)

so 3 hours driving later i now have 2 cats shitting in my dining room! 

• Like 3

got home last night, expecting a nice chilled night sicne we have spent the week moving from kegworth to Coalville (don't start!) and the mrs goes "you got to go out and pick some cats up! the landlord has said yes and we got a great deal!"

"err...ok...where?"

"nuneaton"

"....great...."

"and we have no cat carriers and they dont either...find some (its 8pm at this point)

so 3 hours driving later i now have 2 cats shitting in my dining room!

Useless creatures. But then again i am allergic to them Edited by Jattdogg

Sorry to hear that mate.

Been in a wood most of the day with my mate, a few freshly baked baguettes with ham and mustard in, and a flask of coffee.    Saw a buzzard having a set to with a raven ...   some hares getting ready for some 'boxing' ...      a vixen carrying her litter from an old den to a new one ...     and 2 different species of deer.      Peaceful.       Lovely.

Been in a wood most of the day with my mate, a few freshly baked baguettes with ham and mustard in, and a flask of coffee.    Saw a buzzard having a set to with a raven ...   some hares getting ready for some 'boxing' ...      a vixen carrying her litter from an old den to a new one ...     and 2 different species of deer.      Peaceful.       Lovely.

A dogging location with refreshments....Where is this place?

A dogging location with refreshments....Where is this place?

Dunno, but apparently there's some old buzzard with raven hair, and CF is fighting his mate to see who gets to shag her.

You two saw right through it !!    The old raven haired buzzard was well up for a bit of dogging after I laid my mate out with a swift uppercut when he was picking up some litter !!

Had to pay ...   but she wasn't two deer.        :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that, you did all you can mate. 

Sorry to hear that. As you say, above all other things he was still your dad.

All the best Facecloth.