Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Sorry for your loss Facecloth...always comes a shock no matter what the situation.

Mixed day, got nocked back from one job I was in the running for, and managed to get through to the second stage of another by the absolute skin of my teeth apparently. Have a 20 minute scinario based phone call interview/assesment with them tomorrow now. I'm a bit nervous, because ive never really wokred in a sales role before, so im unsure of some of the different techniques etc. But i've done my research so can only give it my best shot. They're looking for a consulative sales method so I'm just going to try and make it all about the person I'm talking to on the phone really. 

Also got another interview penned in for next wednesday so things are looking decent, and I finished writing my dissertation today. All of this will go to absolute shite though if I don't actually get my predicted degree lol 

Passed my interview!!! :D:scarf:

It's a little bit strange though. They haven't made me an offer yet as they're evaluating their upcoming project demand and the roles that they need against my skill set, so I won't find out for definite until some as-yet-unspecified date what my actual job role will be. Bit odd as I applied for a specific role, but hey-ho, I'll take what I can get.

Nice to have something sorted before I graduate, now just to finish (/start) this dissertation, do a couple other assignments, and pass my hardest exams to-date. No biggie.

I presume this is for an IT role? If it is then the first job is always the most difficult to get.  :thumbup:

What a bitter sweet feeling to win an (albeit inconsequential) golf competition as one of my sporting heroes and contemporaries breathed his last.

A net 61 got me quite excited for the season ahead, but the Cruyff news only emphasised how important it is - and how grateful I am - to get out into the relaxed surroundings of a golf course (or wherever) while there's still chance.

The course will get it's own back for sure, but the fresh air and exercise remains precious beyond exaggeration.     

On a Par 68 course off the Ladies tees?  :unsure:

My attention span at work this week is really poor. I had quite a lot of stuff to do yesterday and just ended up watching videos of gypsies calling eachother out for fights on YouTube. 

Same, I proper can't be arsed after Easter. Every topic is marked as read and I keep going back to the homepage hoping someone has said anything about anything

Same, I proper can't be arsed after Easter. Every topic is marked as read and I keep going back to the homepage hoping someone has said anything about anything

Hopefully this notification for quoting you excites you a little then until you read it and see what it actually is

• Like 1

The demise of the London Road branch doesn't mean you have to miss out, they're everywhere aren't they?

The sausage rolls are good, well, when they've just been cooked, anyway.

Nothing there is terrible, whilst nothing is amazing either (in my experience at least), and it's fair value for money rather than being stupidly cheap.  Everything about it is so unremarkable it's a mystery why nobody had done it before

The demise of the London Road branch doesn't mean you have to miss out, they're everywhere aren't they?

The sausage rolls are good, well, when they've just been cooked, anyway.

Nothing there is terrible, whilst nothing is amazing either (in my experience at least), and it's fair value for money rather than being stupidly cheap. Everything about it is so unremarkable it's a mystery why nobody had done it before

The breakfast baguettes are lovely, 3.50 with a free drink I think

Guest Mee-9

I've just started taking medication for a lack of sleep and anxiety.

I managed to doze off for an hour until all hell broke loose and I nearly shat the bed.

Countryfox - Bounty Hunter

Tbh I think I was a bit lucky there ...    the guy was BIG (6'6" at least) ...    but when they take your money then just fvck off and hope you will forget about it, it makes your blood boil.

Kept my shades on so he couldn't see the look of terror in my eyes !

Surprise while in the Kings Head watching the Spurs game. My brother from Kendal comes up to me. He has come down for a few days so was having a night out with some of his Leicester mates.

Unfortunately he is not into football so my  bigging up City had no affect on him. People in the area where he lives mainly support Man Utd. He did say though that there was crowd trouble at a Lancaster game recently.

They were going on to the Robert Peel. I had already had been drinking in the Criterion from 3pm and also a couple in the Kings so did not join them.