Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Anybody living in Beaumont Leys? Massive house fire about an hour ago just across the road from me on Heatherbrook Road.

Had a panic when I started reading that. My dads empty house is in Beaumont Leys, thought someone might have torched it!

Had a panic when I started reading that. My dads empty house is in Beaumont Leys, thought someone might have torched it!

From observation it looked to be a 50ish yr old couple, both got out safely thank god. Really is a reality check when you see a house go up in flames in under 5 minutes.

Guest Col city fan

Today was stressful but ultimately fantastic. My wonderful daughter Hannah ran the London Marathon in aid of the Multiple Sclerosis Society. For various reasons, neither my wife nor I could get over to see her, so we watched the event on TV, and followed her on the Marathon website - which, incidentally, is a marvel of technology, showing each runner's individual progress, updated every five seconds or so.

I can't tell you how proud I am. Hannah managed to finish her first (only?) marathon in 5 hours 47 minutes and 33 seconds. She's raised just over £1800 - so far - so if you have a couple of quid to spare, maybe you could help her reach her £2000 target.

And then I managed to watch City against Swansea from about 28 minutes in - just in time to watch Leonardo's first goal.

What a wonderful day..

:appl:

Today was stressful but ultimately fantastic. My wonderful daughter Hannah ran the London Marathon in aid of the Multiple Sclerosis Society. For various reasons, neither my wife nor I could get over to see her, so we watched the event on TV, and followed her on the Marathon website - which, incidentally, is a marvel of technology, showing each runner's individual progress, updated every five seconds or so.

I can't tell you how proud I am. Hannah managed to finish her first (only?) marathon in 5 hours 47 minutes and 33 seconds. She's raised just over £1800 - so far - so if you have a couple of quid to spare, maybe you could help her reach her £2000 target.

And then I managed to watch City against Swansea from about 28 minutes in - just in time to watch Leonardo's first goal.

What a wonderful day..

well done Hannah

Guest CityFan 06

Did an important test on Monday morning, really hoping I pass it as it's key to me progressing in my career. I failed the first time, just hope I've done alright the second.

Not particularly happy at the moment with the current situation I'm in but not long to go now until I can hopefully move onto something else that might be better suited to me. Football keeps me going and I'm very happy with how Leicester are doing. Football is when I'm most happiest. 

Edited by LeicsFox06

On the Amalfi coast and having a fine time. Went out for a bit of a posh meal the other night at a restaurant with a star from the tyre people. There's this guitarist and woman singing as we eat. After they sing happy birthday to this couple in the corner I decide they must be doing requests so before Mrs CF and the other two with us can stop me I trot over and ask them to do the Raneri he comes from ita lee song ... Well I have had a few pints of Nastro and most of a bottle of local jollop by then ... Anyway the old boy playing the guitar who is Italian and gets excited each time I say Ranieri is all for it ... But the English bird who sings and speaks with a cocker nee accent is dead against it !!! Miserable cow. I give up after a while and go back to my seat to get a good telling off from Mrs CF. Jump forward 30 mins and off they both go to a ripple of applause as we are getting stuck in to our puddings .... The miserable bird leaves first and then the old boy .... As he goes he sings the song turns round and puts his thumb up ... Top bloke ! Made my night.

Just  seen on Facebook that a friend who does a lot of work for  Wishes4Kids post that yet another of the collection tins has been stolen from a shop on King Street. That is about three in a year. It is him that has to go round delivering and collecting them. He is very upset and angry.

I thought about post this in the absolute cvnts section but that might be too kind a description of the lowlife that did it.

Just  seen on Facebook that a friend who does a lot of work for  Wishes4Kids post that yet another of the collection tins has been stolen from a shop on King Street. That is about three in a year. It is him that has to go round delivering and collecting them. He is very upset and angry.

I thought about post this in the absolute cvnts section but that might be too kind a description of the lowlife that did it.

You would have to be pretty desperate to steal a charity collection box no?

You would have to be pretty desperate to steal a charity collection box no?

Maybe but it has  been happening a lot over the last year or so. Not  just the ones I mentioned. Seems the message  from the Tories about helping yourself has got through.

Maybe but it has  been happening a lot over the last year or so. Not  just the ones I mentioned. Seems the message  from the Tories about helping yourself has got through.

Thats Leicester's thriving smack head community for you.