Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I have until November until my official retirement so it'll be nearer 100. (will have to find a countdown counter for it)

Quick question which I have enquired about but want confirmation. Do get paperwork or placed on the retirement list automatic? I was told that because I am on pension credits as long as I have my NI number registered the office dealing with pensions will have details and I won't have to do anything. I would still get PC and I am happy with it but the SP is slightly more and not means tested

I thought you was already retired Kenneth

I am but on Pension Credit which was brought in when retirement age was changed for women to be in line with men. I had a choice when turning 60 carry on looking for work for five years or take PC even the DWP advised the pc

There were many other factors to also consider

I have until November until my official retirement so it'll be nearer 100. (will have to find a countdown counter for it)

Quick question which I have enquired about but want confirmation. Do get paperwork or placed on the retirement list automatic? I was told that because I am on pension credits as long as I have my NI number registered the office dealing with pensions will have details and I won't have to do anything. I would still get PC and I am happy with it but the SP is slightly more and not means tested

As long as your NI number is registered, should all happen automatically, or so I am told. Computer should spew out letters as and when due. We shall see.

Just had a pint from Purple Moose Brewery Dark Side of the Moose. Not bad.

Did it make you think of absent friends? Did you raise a glass in toast to any particular absent friend?

Maybe "Dark Side of the Moose" seemed strangely familiar?

• Like 1

Did it make you think of absent friends? Did you raise a glass in toast to any particular absent friend?

Maybe "Dark Side of the Moose" seemed strangely familiar?

I don't think he's that absent.

Just had an 'unofficial warning' from my boss for ' inappropriate joking' with my patients. :D

To be fair i thought it was bloody hilarious and was quite impressed with myself - just need to remind myself to wait until the medical director of the facility is not in the room next time.

Patient was in the bed and i asked them if they were comfortable and then said " your head looks a bit high"

so he said " yeah, could you let me down gently?" ( he has back problems).

" sure. well, you're not as good looking as you used to be.."

Complete silence.

British humor is wasted over here

lol

Better not sing this to patients then:

• Like 1

Guest CityFan 06

Went to the city fanstore today, wanted to purchase the champions cup but they've sold out and are expected to be restocked within a week or so. The stock was pretty decent to be fair, but perhaps I saw it on a non busy day.

Just got an email from PayPal saying there's some unusual activity on my account. Check it to find someone's bought a vacum cleaner for £162! Ring the bank an after being on hold for 45mins say that it's not their problem and PayPal need to sort it out!! Put in a disputed transaction so hope it gets resolved.

The funny thing is the vacum is being delivered to my own address which these hackers didn't bother to change?!? Maybe their trying to send me a message....

Can't be bothered with all the hassle though chasing it all up!

Just got an email from PayPal saying there's some unusual activity on my account. Check it to find someone's bought a vacum cleaner for £162! Ring the bank an after being on hold for 45mins say that it's not their problem and PayPal need to sort it out!! Put in a disputed transaction so hope it gets resolved.

The funny thing is the vacum is being delivered to my own address which these hackers didn't bother to change?!? Maybe their trying to send me a message....

Can't be bothered with all the hassle though chasing it all up!

I kept getting emails saying exactly the same thing last week. Rang them up and they checked the email address, turns out it wasn't them and it was a scam. Apparently they've had loads going around at the minute. Also you might want to change some details, just for security reasons so it doesn't happen again. Hope you get it sorted.

This is my first attempt at a general chat thread so im fully prepared for deletion laugh.gif

A place to say whether your day was good or bad & why?

I'll start it

Cricket: check :)

Rugby: check :)

Football: check biggrin.gif

Got steaming drunk last night & woke up without a hangover: check biggrin.gif

Today was a good day thumbsup2.gif

9 Years later and your thread had 41k replies, nice going for someone expecting it to be deleted i must say.

as for my day, it's just started, but it's started on a high note so all is good so far.

Guest Mee-9

Went out last night, didn't feel to awful this morning.

Read the, 'Inflatable Dinosaur' thread and I think i'm dying of laughter.