Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Really hoping I can get myself the right apprenticeship. I've found it a really hard process, there isn't much around my area and it's tricky to find the right one. Just gotta hope I suppose.

Seriously don't let location stop you from doing an apprenticeship. My first year was spent in Southampton Mon-Fri. Hard to be away as my daughter was born 2 months into my apprenticeship, I then spent 6 years travelling all over the country working. Worth it all in the end as im in a much better position financially and with many avenues I can take to progress my career.

Broaden your horizons. You may find the perfect apprenticeship is just a few miles further away

Guest CityFan 06

Seriously don't let location stop you from doing an apprenticeship. My first year was spent in Southampton Mon-Fri. Hard to be away as my daughter was born 2 months into my apprenticeship, I then spent 6 years travelling all over the country working. Worth it all in the end as im in a much better position financially and with many avenues I can take to progress my career.

Broaden your horizons. You may find the perfect apprenticeship is just a few miles further away

Thanks for the advice. Appreciated.

Where you looking pal? (You've probably told me this already)

I was looking near work and then I thought about whitwick etc but this was is in ashby. I thought ashby was out of my price range but found this good one. It will go quickly I think so offered soon as.

I was looking near work and then I thought about whitwick etc but this was is in ashby. I thought ashby was out of my price range but found this good one. It will go quickly I think so offered soon as.

Sounds decent mate. Whitwick and Ashby are both sound areas. Whitwick has the added incentive of going for a pint with me though  :thumbup:  lol

Guest Col city fan

Probably the wrong thread, but me and Mrs Col have just had a take out from 'Istanbul' (Turkish grill, near the Aberdale pub). Really does take a kebab to the next level.

Probably the wrong thread, but me and Mrs Col have just had a take out from 'Istanbul' (Turkish grill, near the Aberdale pub). Really does take a kebab to the next level.

C'mon Col that's the 'best kebab in leicester' thread .... Ffs

Thrilling. Played to seven this evening in helping my team go top of the pub golf league - a massive encouragement on last year's dreadful summer season when I struggled to justify a handicap in the 20s.

Feel totally motivated and revitalised after spending a month visiting my wife in the Glenfield hospital and realising how damned lucky I am to be able to play golf and squash at all. I just hit the ball for the joy of it now and anything even vaguelly close to where I've aimed is a bonus.  :)

• Like 2

Thrilling. Played to seven this evening in helping my team go top of the pub golf league - a massive encouragement on last year's dreadful summer season when I struggled to justify a handicap in the 20s.

Feel totally motivated and revitalised after spending a month visiting my wife in the Glenfield hospital and realising how damned lucky I am to be able to play golf and squash at all. I just hit the ball for the joy of it now and anything even vaguelly close to where I've aimed is a bonus. :)

Nice work. Where do you play?

Nothing like your situation but I know what you mean. I've been at uni, stuck inside and revising for the last few months, when I've had the chance to get out there I've been so happy just to be on the course. Often leads to a better round too! Perspective really does help.