Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Found out this week that house sharing in Sheffield if you want anything nicer than student digs is a pain in the arse due to housing regulations. Been looking for a few weeks with not much progress so decided with my girlfriend we'll look by ourselves instead.

Managed to find this perfect barn conversion/cottage, booked a viewing for the next day and had it all confirmed by last night. Over the moon and can't wait to start moving stuff in next month.

Well, today should be a gas. I'm off to Glenfield Hospital shortly for keyhole heart surgery.

They're going to stick a catheter in my groin, feed it up the vein and burn away a couple of bits of my heart to block dodgy electrical circuits that are disrupting heart rhythm.

Just local anaesthetic in groin and sedation, no general anaesthetic. Lashings of fun.

The odds sound good: 90% they eliminate the problem; 10% they have to repeat the op; 50% a similar but different problem persists; 1% serious complications; 0.1% stroke, less for death.  :blink:

Still, nothing ever happens at silly odds like 5000-1, does it?

In a worst case scenario, don't send a search party, please just crack a few good jokes in the Deathlist 2016 thread.

See you in 2-3 days!  :thumbup:

good luck mate:fc:

Well, today should be a gas. I'm off to Glenfield Hospital shortly for keyhole heart surgery.

They're going to stick a catheter in my groin, feed it up the vein and burn away a couple of bits of my heart to block dodgy electrical circuits that are disrupting heart rhythm.

Just local anaesthetic in groin and sedation, no general anaesthetic. Lashings of fun.

The odds sound good: 90% they eliminate the problem; 10% they have to repeat the op; 50% a similar but different problem persists; 1% serious complications; 0.1% stroke, less for death.  :blink:

In a worst case scenario, don't send a search party, please just crack a few good jokes in the Deathlist 2016 thread.

Did you miss me, yeah, when I was away?  :ph34r:

Home and hosed same day.... Apologies, still a bit high on morphine.

ulloa.gifschmike.gifriyad.gifkante.gifvardy.gif

• Like 3

was pretty good until there was 20 minutes to go in our football match. Saw a few police cars and an ambulance. Looked across at a pitch nearby and see about 4/5 coppers/paramedics trying to resuscitate and perform CPR on a lad about the same age as myself & guys we were playing with. They must have been trying to resuscitate him for about 20 mins cos as we finished our session an air ambulance came. They were still trying to perform CPR as the helicopter landed and about 15 minutes after by the time I left.

Hope he made it and is ok :(

was pretty good until there was 20 minutes to go in our football match. Saw a few police cars and an ambulance. Looked across at a pitch nearby and see about 4/5 coppers/paramedics trying to resuscitate and perform CPR on a lad about the same age as myself & guys we were playing with. They must have been trying to resuscitate him for about 20 mins cos as we finished our session an air ambulance came. They were still trying to perform CPR as the helicopter landed and about 15 minutes after by the time I left.

Oh dear, well that doesn't sound too good at all, if you know anything let us know. :unsure:

Oh dear, well that doesn't sound too good at all, if you know anything let us know. :unsure:

yeah, i'm no paramedic expert but it didn't look good considering the amount of different people giving him CPR and how long it took to do it. 

Had a call earlier.

Hello I am calling about you car accident you had recently.

Me. Hang on a second, can you tell me if I was driving when this accident occurred?

I can't say this is about the compensation you claimed for

Where did you get your information from? I do not have a car nor do I drive.

Well were you a witness to an accident.

No and I do not want what you are flogging

I am not flogging.........click

This was came as a private call with no number so cannot block. I know they use random names but why mine?

Isn't it the law now for cold-calling companies to display their number?

Don't know but this one was greyed out with just private call displayed. On my landline I just hang up but I thought it may be about something else to start with. I always think of the best responses after I hang up. 

The very best of luck. My wife was in Glenfield last month for the removing of a tumour on her heart. She suffered no pain. Just a bit of discomfort in the process of recuperation.

She was back home a week or so later with no specific instructions or constraints about how she managed her recovery - just to do what she felt she could cope with. She was back on the market a couple of weeks later and walking up to half a mile by that time, essentially unaided but with a stick just in case she overdid it and stumbled.            

Truth is she's had more discomfort from the bronchial infection she caught at home and the impact of coughing/blowing her nose while her wounds recover.

Altogether though it's been the boredom that's bugged her. And the shock of feeling like a temporary invalid while not feeling the least unwell in herself. 

• Like 2

found out this morning that the lad eventually stabilised while on the pitch and went to hospital in the normal ambulance as opposed to the air ambulance :)

The very best of luck. My wife was in Glenfield last month for the removing of a tumour on her heart. She suffered no pain. Just a bit of discomfort in the process of recuperation.

She was back home a week or so later with no specific instructions or constraints about how she managed her recovery - just to do what she felt she could cope with. She was back on the market a couple of weeks later and walking up to half a mile by that time, essentially unaided but with a stick just in case she overdid it and stumbled.            

Truth is she's had more discomfort from the bronchial infection she caught at home and the impact of coughing/blowing her nose while her wounds recover.

Altogether though it's been the boredom that's bugged her. And the shock of feeling like a temporary invalid while not feeling the least unwell in herself. 

Glenfield is a great hospital with some superb staff ...    Mrs CF has been in there twice for extensive heart surgery and I cannot thank them enough.

• Like 1

Just got on the scales and I've lost 8lb in two weeks. Different to other cuts I've done because I've literally used no supplements or programmes. Just stuck to clean, clean food, gallons of water, green tea and plenty of exercise.

Still retained a fair bit of power and strength in the gym as well. Thinking of trying to push on with a few supplements in the next two weeks to see if I can ramp it up a bit.

Happy though lol

Had a call earlier.

Hello I am calling about you car accident you had recently.

Me. Hang on a second, can you tell me if I was driving when this accident occurred?

I can't say this is about the compensation you claimed for

Where did you get your information from? I do not have a car nor do I drive.

Well were you a witness to an accident.

No and I do not want what you are flogging

I am not flogging.........click

This was came as a private call with no number so cannot block. I know they use random names but why mine?

I had one similar a few months ago.

When I told the guy that neither me or the wife had been in an accident, he kept asking if I as sure. As I didn't have anything better to do I thought I'd have some fun and pretended to panic, saying something about not hearing from my wife since she drove to work this morning. I acted all worried and as he was trying to calm me down, I said 'what the **** am I still talking to you for? I need to ring the hospitals immediately" and hung up.

They still call regularly and I've used the same tactic a few times when I have the time.

Decent day today, had a Physics exam this morning which went surprisingly smoothly, was probably the easiest PH1 paper I have ever done. Exam finished at 10:30 and then I had to speed walk to get to my appointment at my doctors half an hour later, because my ear has been ridiculously painful the last few days, turns out I have an ear infection so he prescribed me some ear drops and fingers crossed it will be gone in 2/3 days.

Maths exam tomorrow which means I'll have just the 7 A Level exams left after half term...