Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Went to the Shed tonight (Yeoman Street) for a poetry night. Wrote one specially for it. Still work in progress but it is about City and has a chorus that  goes

We only went and did it

We did it ,we did it

We only went and did it

We gone and won the league.

Not perfect English but it is about Leicester

The event is also recorded so I may be heard on a podcast. Only problem was  the place  has poor lighting and I need brighter lights to read properly so I struggled a little. I am not the best reader at the best of times.

I should start to memorise my work so I do not have to read from sheets of paper or a book.I am sure I would do a lot better.

Edited by Rincewind

You wrote 4 lines and couldn't memorise it?

It was more than four lines. That is only the part after each stanza.It was on my Android so had to do a bit of downloading transferring.Could do with revising and maybe more content.

WE ONLY WENT AND DID IT

The pundits said Leicester would go down.
They said that we were shit.
But they never knew what City fans know
That Foxes never quit.

We only went and did it
We did it, we did it.
We only went and did it
We went and won the League.

Ten games in and going well.
Still they never believed.
Bottom six place they said
Was the best we could achieve.

We only went and did it
We did it, we did it.
We only went and did it
We went and won the League

Final run in eight points clear
Spurs said we are coming for you.
But Arsenal pushed in front
To finish second in the checkout queue.

We only went and did it.
We did it, we did it.
We only went and did it.
We went and won the League.
Edited by Rincewind

Are you quite sure that it was the jackdaws that had been crapping all over the place?

Original excuse if not.

lol

Yeah, right..... Jackdaws.

I bet Mrs CF is having none of it.

You lot just don't believe a word I say !  .....     Yes Jackdaws ...    big horrible black things with grey faces and piercing eyes  .....   Jackdaws.    OK.    :)

Six of us went to the escape rooms in Birmingham for the day ...    great fun ...    bit like the crystal maze.    Worth doing if you are over that way.

P.S.  Of course we managed to escape within the allotted time ....   (smug grin on face).  

You lot just don't believe a word I say ! ..... Yes Jackdaws ... big horrible black things with grey faces and piercing eyes ..... Jackdaws. OK. :)

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Just got back from seeing Sean lock at De montfort, really funny bloke, completely bonkers mind!

Always find him funny on the TV so might have to try and get tickets to see him live whenever I get the chance.

Seems like my ear infection has pretty much gone with the ear drops clearly working, and can now get a decent nights sleep without waking up at 3 in the morning in agony. Unbelievable how much pain an ear can cause lol

Edited by Ian W LCFC

Grandaughter's birthday yesterday. She looked so beautiful looking after her houseful of friends. So hard to believe it's five years since she was born - a little miracle considering the loss of her much-loved mum at the same time.  

What a credit she's become, not just to herself in coping with so many problems along the way, but to her dad in combining the need to work and single parenthood.

She's a born communicator. She even stood on my market stall at Stratford one day and captivated the customers with her skills in explaining and demonstrating the merits of a boxful of costume jewellery for half-an-hour. I wish I'd recorded it. 

The combination of her eloquence and sunshine smile was quite irresistible.          

Edited by Thracian
  • Like 3