Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Grandaughter's birthday yesterday. She looked so beautiful looking after her houseful of friends. So hard to believe it's five years since she was born - a little miracle considering the loss of her much-loved mum at the same time.  

What a credit she's become, not just to herself in coping with so many problems along the way, but to her dad in combining the need to work and single parenthood.

She's a born communicator. She even stood on my market stall at Stratford one day and captivated the customers with her skills in explaining and demonstrating the merits of a boxful of costume jewellery for half-an-hour. I wish I'd recorded it. 

The combination of her eloquence and sunshine smile was quite irresistible.          

Proud grandad Thrac ....    and so you should be.    :)

• Like 1

Shouldn't this be in the thread about the monarchy?

Bit of an extreme reaction, if you ask me. Thought you'd prefer the status quo, or at least a peaceful transition to a republic, Doctor.

Shouldn't this be in the thread about Rock groups ?

Shouldn't this be in the thread about Rock groups ?

That's where I posted it, Countryfox, but it got down, down, deeper and down, wanted to experience the wild side of life and started rocking all over the world. It's in the army now.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 2

Feel sure that Leicester's success has rubbed off with a totally different attitude of "can do will do" on the golf course this season after four grim years in the wilderness.

Two successive competition wins including the Pro's Challenge and a one over par 36 for nine holes today off scratch.

Feeling so relaxed and just amazed to see tee shots flying up the fairway for a long-awaited change.

Okay, okay, it was off the yellow tees but when par starts to feel a bit disappointing the exhilaration's intoxicating.

As our footballers showed, anything's possible, however unlikely.

• Like 2

Went for lunch today at The Forge and some idiot parked so close to my car I couldn't get in. I had to climb over the passenger seat to get into the drivers seat, my knee hit the rear view mirror and cracked my windscreen.

God knows how much it's going to cost in excess as my windscreen has got rain sensors in it.

Went for lunch today at The Forge and some idiot parked so close to my car I couldn't get in. I had to climb over the passenger seat to get into the drivers seat, my knee hit the rear view mirror and cracked my windscreen.

God knows how much it's going to cost in excess as my windscreen has got rain sensors in it.

How hard did your knee hit it!?

Should be about £75.

Cars from about '03 have rain sensors in the windscreen. It's nothing new.

Edited by stix

Feel sure that Leicester's success has rubbed off with a totally different attitude of "can do will do" on the golf course this season after four grim years in the wilderness.

Two successive competition wins including the Pro's Challenge and a one over par 36 for nine holes today off scratch.

Feeling so relaxed and just amazed to see tee shots flying up the fairway for a long-awaited change.

Okay, okay, it was off the yellow tees but when par starts to feel a bit disappointing the exhilaration's intoxicating.

Enjoy the good times I say. As we all know, golf has a habit of biting us on the arse just when we think we've mastered it! It's amazing what can be achieved when we're relaxed and not caught up in too many swing thoughts. That feeling of being in the zone and it feeling effortless is a beautiful thing. Hope you have a great summer of golf mate, I love this time of year with all the majors coming thick and fast. I'm playing Woburn next week then the Welsh National at the Vale the week after. Can't wait...

• Like 1

Enjoy the good times I say. As we all know, golf has a habit of biting us on the arse just when we think we've mastered it! It's amazing what can be achieved when we're relaxed and not caught up in too many swing thoughts. That feeling of being in the zone and it feeling effortless is a beautiful thing. Hope you have a great summer of golf mate, I love this time of year with all the majors coming thick and fast. I'm playing Woburn next week then the Welsh National at the Vale the week after. Can't wait...

Haha - I've suffered enough anquish on a golf course to never take even the next shot for granted. As you say, you've got to enjoy it to the max on the good days cos the next calamity's only just around the corner.    

Sounds like some really interesting challenges you've got so the very best to you too. Woburn looks a terrific course, I envy you that one! :D  . 

Edited by Thracian
  • Like 1

Should be about £75.

Cars from about '03 have rain sensors in the windscreen. It's nothing new.

Had a look on my insurance and its £25 for a repair or £75 if I need a replacement.

Not as bad as I thought but annoying with how it happened.

Just watching Bend it Like Beckham. Jesminder gets a red card for a push, I never realised how bad this film is.

great free kick to win it imo, although gotta question the keepers positioning

Edited by ScouseFox

Guest CityFan 06

Got an apprenticeship assessment day on Wednesday - a bit nervous but have tried to do some research beforehand, what questions to ask etc. Hoping I impress enough, thankfully I've been selected to take part, so I must of done something right.

Has anyone ever been to one of these assessment days? To confirm will I have to go for another job interview after this, or is this particular day ultimately the 'job interview'? The latter is what I understand to be correct.

Rain sensors won't affect the excess on your windscreen. It's pretty standard across all windscreens now anyway and the insurers are all the same

Enjoy it my friend. My last two competitive rounds are net 85 and net 88.

It's really weird, I feel like a good round is close, but it just doesn't happen once I get into a competition. I'm off for a lesson this afternoon.

• Like 1

Have you ever played the National at the Vale before? It's a cracking course, you'll really enjoy it. We used to have a golf day there, there's some really good holes. The 2nd is a par 5, but the tee shot is so tight, it's quite a tricky one. If you lay up on the short par 4 on the front 9 (think it's the 6th or 7th) we used to have to do two shots on the tee, if you hit it in the drink, one shot. Hope you have got your swim shorts for the back 9, there's water everywhere. There's a hole on the back 9 as well where the green is absolutely huge, if you hit it in the wrong place, it's got huge slopes so you can 3 putt from practically anywhere. Other than that it's dead easy!!

Have you ever played the National at the Vale before? It's a cracking course, you'll really enjoy it. We used to have a golf day there, there's some really good holes. The 2nd is a par 5, but the tee shot is so tight, it's quite a tricky one. If you lay up on the short par 4 on the front 9 (think it's the 6th or 7th) we used to have to do two shots on the tee, if you hit it in the drink, one shot. Hope you have got your swim shorts for the back 9, there's water everywhere. There's a hole on the back 9 as well where the green is absolutely huge, if you hit it in the wrong place, it's got huge slopes so you can 3 putt from practically anywhere. Other than that it's dead easy!!

:o  :o  :o  sounds fun! There's 12 of us going and 3 have played at the Vale before so we're going on their recommendation. None of them scored over 30 points on the National course previously and they say its a brute - but great fun. We're playing the National twice and the other course twice as well (The Lakes?) which sounds a bit easier. Thanks for the advice, I'll take my swim shorts and a couple of boxes of Pro V1's  lol  lol