Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Gave up on golf, despite initially enjoying it.

Used to like it but, after many lessons with trying to sort out my problem with hitting the ball too right most of the time, it became frustrating and wouldn't be an enjoyable 3/4 hours on the course.

Used to be a member of Kirby Muxloe.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Enjoy it my friend. My last two competitive rounds are net 85 and net 88.

It's really weird, I feel like a good round is close, but it just doesn't happen once I get into a competition. I'm off for a lesson this afternoon.

Work on the little things but don't destroy yourself.  It'll come. 

Got an apprenticeship assessment day on Wednesday - a bit nervous but have tried to do some research beforehand, what questions to ask etc. Hoping I impress enough, thankfully I've been selected to take part, so I must of done something right.

Has anyone ever been to one of these assessment days? To confirm will I have to go for another job interview after this, or is this particular day ultimately the 'job interview'? The latter is what I understand to be correct.

If it is anything like graduate scheme assessment centres, there's likely to be another interview as well, not sure though! Every employer does it differently.

The main thing these things are designed for is to see how well you work in teams and how well you communicate. So don't be shy, be confident and you'll be fine. As you say, you're as good/if not better than everyone else there on paper, so don't be nervous and just go for it. Good luck!

Edited by owen

Work on the little things but don't destroy yourself. It'll come.

Had my lesson and feel a million times better.

My rotation is sloppy in the downswing, I get "handsy" which causes a two way miss.

The biggest problem, however, is my equipment. I know it's the whole bad workman, tools argument but I've seen it today and I'm absolutely convinced. I've had the same set of irons for well over 10 years, the only set of irons I've ever owned. I've got shop (American Golf) shelf bought irons with standard shafts and my swing speed now is between 102-106 mph with a 6 iron. He said your shafts are so whippy that is also a major problem and why you're getting a two way miss. I hit my 5 iron, then hit the 6 iron he gave me and the 6 iron carried 10-15 yards further than my 5 iron. Unbelievable.

He said about my equipment last time I had a lesson, which is well over a year ago.

Treatingmyself.com

Edited by HowardsBulletHeader

Guest CityFan 06

If it is anything like graduate scheme assessment centres, there's likely to be another interview as well, not sure though! Every employer does it differently.

The main thing these things are designed for is to see how well you work in teams and how well you communicate. So don't be shy, be confident and you'll be fine. As you say, you're as good/if not better than everyone else there on paper, so don't be nervous and just go for it. Good luck!

Thank you for taking the time to reply on this. It does help. Ultimately I am nervous natured person, and naturally shy. The person who rang me said I sounded really nice, was impressed with the answers I gave on the phone and also that the CV was great. She's part of the team taking the assessment day, so at least I've got a decent start already hopefully. Hope it all goes well, might let everyone know on the thread how it goes, I'll see.

Thanks again pal. 

Guest CityFan 06

@@owen, others - I went for the apprenticeship assessment day this morning. Was ok, being truthful I didn't enjoy it, but hopefully I made a good enough impression. The first stage was group work, then we moved onto interviews and singular activities. I then sent a 'thank you' email to the person who invited me and gave me the opportunity.

The separate worry though, is, if I was selected for the job, there are two roles which is Office Admin/Web Developer. I want Office Admin, not web developer, so hoping I do get picked for the right role that I want. I will be notified within a week or so if I get the apprenticeship. 

@@owen, others - I went for the apprenticeship assessment day this morning. Was ok, being truthful I didn't enjoy it, but hopefully I made a good enough impression. The first stage was group work, then we moved onto interviews and singular activities. I then sent a 'thank you' email to the person who invited me and gave me the opportunity.

The separate worry though, is, if I was selected for the job, there are two roles which is Office Admin/Web Developer. I want Office Admin, not web developer, so hoping I do get picked for the right role that I want. I will be notified within a week or so if I get the apprenticeship. 

If you're interested in retail also, Marks and Spencer's at Fosse Park are recruiting for temporary roles starting from 12th June (ring store for details).

Just general store work, not Apprenticeship.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Guest CityFan 06

If you're interested in retail also, Marks and Spencer's at Fosse Park are recruiting for temporary roles starting from 12th June (ring store for details).

Just general store work, not Apprenticeship.

Ah ok, cheers pal for letting me know. Appreciate you taking the time to help  :)

You should be ok as if they are recruiting for web developer then they would have asked some IT questions during the interview which you have not mentioned? Good luck mate- the emails were a nice touch.  

Edited by The Blur

Guest CityFan 06

Just saw a leaflet. Says you don't need any qualifications or experience, just hard-working ethic and willing to help others.

Good luck in your search anyhow.

You should be ok as if they are recruiting for web developer then they would have asked some IT questions during the interview which you have not mentioned? Good luck mate- the emails were a nice touch.  

Thanks very much to you both, @@Wymeswold fox and @@The Blur. In regards to the I.T questions in the interview, they sort of touched on it if I recall, but not directly. There were 5 of us (applicants) and all 4 wanted the web developer role and I think I was the only one who wanted Office Admin. So, we'll see how it goes I suppose. 

Guest CityFan 06

My dream apprenticeship would be, to be Stadium Improvement person at LCFC :D , working on stadium improvements projects, listening to the fans feedback etc. 

I did a couple of assessment days like that in my youth and they're horrible things, so I wouldn't worry that you didn't enjoy it. Key thing they're looking for is your ability to communicate effectively with others, so as long as you verbally contributed enough but not too much you should be fine for that part.

Guest CityFan 06

I did a couple of assessment days like that in my youth and they're horrible things, so I wouldn't worry that you didn't enjoy it. Key thing they're looking for is your ability to communicate effectively with others, so as long as you verbally contributed enough but not too much you should be fine for that part.

Thank you. It's what described as 'team building' and I wasn't keen. It's ok to a point and I understand why they do it, but it can be difficult for shy people/less outgoing like myself. Not a criticism as they've been good to allow me the opportunity to be fair.