Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Where abouts pal?

Not sure I can believe you on the weather!

Few miles from Dolgellau in Gwynedd, South Snowdonia.

25c in Porthemadog Saturday.

Really was a stunning area,definitely going back.We stayed at a small campsite called Dolgammed,lovely stream running through it,we were allowed open fires which is a rarity and a joy for blokes to poke all evening.

If I have spelt those places correctly it will be a miracle!

Found Kevin Pressman on Linkedin at work today, tried to connect with him, he blocked me.

All in all a productive day

Pity the fat bastard never managed to block the ball.

• Like 2

Guest CityFan 06

Concerned at the moment because although I've got into the final stages of trying to land an apprenticeship, if I am not the candidate for the job, I'm struggling for something to fall back on.

In my area there really isn't many apprenticeships at all at the moment and if there is some, they are sometimes not suited to what I want to do. I don't mind travelling a bit but it's usually Mon-Fri so it's got to be in a location suitable. Just got to keep looking I suppose.

Edited by LeicsFox06

Concerned at the moment because although I've got into the final stages of trying to land an apprenticeship, if I am not the candidate for the job, I'm struggling for something to fall back on.

In my area there really isn't many apprenticeships at all at the moment and if there is some, they are sometimes not suited to what I want to do. I don't mind travelling a bit but it's usually Mon-Fri so it's got to be in a location suitable. Just got to keep looking I suppose.

Are you in or out of College?

Could speak to your tutor for advice? :dunno:

Also, might be worth contact the below company - apparently one of the better Apprenticeship support enquiries within Leicester/Leicestershire.

http://www.impactapprenticeships.co.uk/jobs/

Guest CityFan 06

Are you in or out of College?

Could speak to your tutor for advice? :dunno:

Also, might be worth contact the below company - apparently one of the better Apprenticeship support enquiries within Leicester/Leicestershire.

http://www.impactapprenticeships.co.uk/jobs/

Yeah thanks for that, it's just the whole process I find very stressful. There tends to be a lot of companies you have to go through which does makes it difficult.  

Guest CityFan 06

Pretty steady, bagged mesen a graphic design gig in Leicester and now I'm watching Tipping Point an the chase. V decent.

Sounds good my friend  :thumbup:

Mentioned on the holiday thread how when we arrived in Vancouver the cab driver knew all about Leicester and today on the train to Kamloops a young girl who kept me stocked up with beer asked where we were from .... I said Leicester and yet again she said ' Ooh Leicester ! They won the league didn't they!' ... I was really beginning to enjoy this and a bit later I was chatting to Chuck from Tennessee and he said 'where you from?' .... This time I thought I'd cut straight to the chase as obviously the whole world knew about our great team so I smiled and said 'Leicester as in the football team' .... Slight pause then he said 'oh Leicester .. right' .... He explained that he had spent a lot of time in Manchester and when United played Wales there was a lot of trouble. I concluded that Chuck was a complete knobhead and left him to talk to his fat arsed wife.

• Like 3

Off to Rome and Venice next week with the Mrs.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about being in Venice and getting away from the centre to Cannareggio. Very peaceful and atmospheric in the early morning, places like Al Timon and Dodo Cafe are slightly hipster but good places to eat and drink with locals not tourists.

Went to Brighton Comic-con, met Kristian nairn (Hodor) and Daniel Portman (podraig), from game of thrones. had a good time, saw a geezer selling a signed leicester shirt for £125, from this last season, and a signed picture of the trophy celebrations for £90, along with other leicester stuff...in brighton. Picked up some comics and graphic novel, got one signed by the artist. was a pretty cool day

Well I'd had a great day ... Gone to Jasper deep in the Rockies and seen Ospreys, Bald eagles, an Elk and a black bear .... Then I dipped into FT and find out JV has all but gone !! Felt a bit sick and really really pissed off .... Pissed off cus I thought he wasn't going anywhere ... And I thought that cus that was what he said !!! Looked a tad angry but Mrs CF has pointed out that I should not be bitter cus look what he did for us .... She's right of course ... So thanks Jamie and I hope all goes well for you at that big club Arsenal ...

There I feel much much better now and will enjoy my Italian meal and a few sherbets in the next hour or so ....

W@NKERB@STARDKN@BHEADFVCKINGREEDYCVNT.

Had an amazing final day in Etosha, Namibia.

Went to a waterhole to see two male lions just chilling - the elder went down to get a drink, while the younger one stayed behind and played with a rock for 10 minutes, before getting some water himself and then following his brother (pretty sure they were young brothers) off into the bush. Then went on a drive around a pan and saw literally bugger all, apart from Nigel Pearson's favourite journalists (ostriches). Headed north to a part of the park i'd never been before, saw plenty of elephant and giraffe just munching on trees by the side of the road.

Went on an excursion along the side of the main pan, and then unfortunately, due to a dicky tummy, one sneeze resulted in me, er, following through. I had to head about 3km north to a nearby toilet area (unfenced from wild animals) where there was a long drop for me to continue my bowel issues and to generally clean up the best I could.

You would think that would put a downer on events - and usually it would. I headed back down south towards some more sophisticated toilets, but decided to stop off at a couple of unexplored waterholes on the way. The first one was tiny, with very little water in it, but it was occupied by giraffe, zebra and springbok. Suddenly they all got spooked - the zebra started making warning sounds as they darted away, the springbok ran off too, much quicker, and then the giraffe ran away in slow motion, as they do.

I rolled forward a little bit in the other direction to try and see what caused the commotion - and out of the bush COMES A BLOODY LEOPARD!!!! Completely blown away. I then reversed back to the waterhole and switched off my engine, just watching her drinking in silence. Then she started walking in my direction!!! I reversed out of the way - and she walked right in front of me - like 10 feet, if that. Completely uninterested in me, just minding her own business, then disappeared into the bush. I was still in shock and trying to suppress little outbursts of excitement. And to think, if I hadn't shat myself I would never have seen a leopard (not quite as good as my grandad's "You wouldn't have been born if it wasn't for Adolf Hitler" story, but still).

I sped along to the next waterhole down as she was heading in that direction, and sat and waited for her to appear. Sadly she didn't, but an elephant did - he was about 3 times the size of my car and was walking in my direction. He got to about 10 feet away and then I realised that we wasn't going to change direction, or at least stop, so I hastily had to move out of the way to avoid being trampled.

All in all - what a day!

• Like 2