Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

woke up this morning feeling fine. was doing my usual pottering about getting ready for work then ended up feeling a fart i couldnt trust. cue 20 minutes on the bog with what i can only describe as napalm gut! seriously the worst pain ever. pins and needles in my hands and feet, sweating, screaming in blinding pain the lot! 

i hope to god this isn't a sickness bug. 

i had that on holiday.

Was up in the mountains as well so there were no bogs available. Got a shooting and stabbing pain in my stomach/abdomen. Let loose a little thinking it was a fart. It was that for a few times. Drank loads of water and took some painkillers. Over half hour it got even worse, started sweating, the pain in the stomach got worse. Told our tour guide I needed a shit so he found me a hidden spot where I couldn't be seen. Trousers down. It was all liquid lol. Explosive, though. Luckily had some water left to clean up after!

After that I'd never felt better lol.

Went to the Word at the Y tonight. Rob Gee was the headline act. If you have not heard of him or seen him Google some of his work. He is an ex psychiatric nurse and a lot of his work is on dementia and alzheimer's. He has done the Edinburgh Fringe several times shared the stage with some well known acts as well as appearing on TV and radio and touring America. He is also very funny.

He ha book and CD for sale Forget Me Not - An Alzheimer Whodunnit. A murder set in a nursing home. Jim who is an ex detective tries to solve a murder of his wife Janet who is a patient. He also has dementia which makes it harder. Very good. It is a oneman show in prose and poetry.

The CD is part of a training programme for the NHS and those working in social care so anyone working in that field may have heard of it. Even though it is done as a comedy it does raise questions about how care is given. It is set in the 90's so a lot will have changed. Most of it is based on Rob Gees own experiences as a nurse. Apart from the murder.

This is a part of his show.

Edited by Rincewind

woke up this morning feeling fine. was doing my usual pottering about getting ready for work then ended up feeling a fart i couldnt trust. cue 20 minutes on the bog with what i can only describe as napalm gut! seriously the worst pain ever. pins and needles in my hands and feet, sweating, screaming in blinding pain the lot!

Maybe you're turning into Moose.

Aka Dodgy Bob.

Guest CityFan 06

Average day, busy. I woke up this morning and was asked to come to an apprenticeship agency in Leicester at 2pm. The person there who I spoke to on the phone previously, has managed to sort me an interview with an actual company tomorrow at 10:30am. I am also going to be called at 9:00am tomorrow as well before the interview.

I am expected to already have a suit/very smart wear so hope I've got that, everything's just happening so quickly, it feels rushed. Tomorrow is my birthday too, so I've got an interview on my birthday which is not ideal. Hope I get an apprenticeship soon, don't want it on my head any more, the availability of apprenticeship roles in my area seem to be in such short supply, yet so competitive. 

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, wasn't meant to be, as all the people involved are very helpful. However, I can't deny, for me, it's been very stressful the whole system. Want to give up on life sometimes  :(

Edited by LeicsFox06

i had that on holiday.

Was up in the mountains as well so there were no bogs available. Got a shooting and stabbing pain in my stomach/abdomen. Let loose a little thinking it was a fart. It was that for a few times. Drank loads of water and took some painkillers. Over half hour it got even worse, started sweating, the pain in the stomach got worse. Told our tour guide I needed a shit so he found me a hidden spot where I couldn't be seen. Trousers down. It was all liquid lol. Explosive, though. Luckily had some water left to clean up after!

After that I'd never felt better lol.

I think I'll take you talking about your shingles any day of the week now. 

Shouldn't this be in the Vardy thread?

Average day, busy. I woke up this morning and was asked to come to an apprenticeship agency in Leicester at 2pm. The person there who I spoke to on the phone previously, has managed to sort me an interview with an actual company tomorrow at 10:30am. I am also going to be called at 9:00am tomorrow as well before the interview.

I am expected to already have a suit/very smart wear so hope I've got that, everything's just happening so quickly, it feels rushed. Tomorrow is my birthday too, so I've got an interview on my birthday which is not ideal. Hope I get an apprenticeship soon, don't want it on my head any more, the availability of apprenticeship roles in my area seem to be in such short supply, yet so competitive. 

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, wasn't meant to be, as all the people involved are very helpful. However, I can't deny, for me, it's been very stressful the whole system. Want to give up on life sometimes  :(

From an employers point of view, the fact it's your birthday is irrelevant. You can get pissed and enjoy yourself afterwards  :thumbup:

What you've posted doesn't sound like a rant to me, it sounds positive and they want to move fast - which is a good thing. Just be your true self and don't try too hard - they'll either like you or they won't. And if you come across too desperate, they'll smell it a mile off so just relax and enjoy the conversation. In my book, what's meant to be is meant to be - so be confident, back yourself, know what you're good at, and blow their socks off. Good luck tomorrow, and happy birthday!!  :cheers:

Keep at it, you obviously want to work and from your posts on here you're being proactive and looking hard for an apprenticeship. Something will come your way eventually.

Guest CityFan 06

From an employers point of view, the fact it's your birthday is irrelevant. You can get pissed and enjoy yourself afterwards  :thumbup:

What you've posted doesn't sound like a rant to me, it sounds positive and they want to move fast - which is a good thing. Just be your true self and don't try too hard - they'll either like you or they won't. And if you come across too desperate, they'll smell it a mile off so just relax and enjoy the conversation. In my book, what's meant to be is meant to be - so be confident, back yourself, know what you're good at, and blow their socks off. Good luck tomorrow, and happy birthday!!  :cheers:

Keep at it, you obviously want to work and from your posts on here you're being proactive and looking hard for an apprenticeship. Something will come your way eventually.

Thank you both, for your encouragement and taking time to reply. The interview is at 10:30am tomorrow morning so hoping it goes well.

Nervous, but that's expected I suppose. I will let you know what happens and how it goes...

Edited by LeicsFox06

rachel mmmm. she is also not 100% of her rocker ! so far.

yeah had malin as numero uno until rachel rocked up. sophie is terrifying man she would murder all of us and probably will.

there is two v v v different convos goin off here