Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Right, went for my interview this morning, and although I feel I did ok, I do not think the company is for me. The job title on the application is different to what the job actually entails, and most of it includes what I am not interested in nor excel at. So, we go again. I almost know I should call the related people, but to be honest it's my birthday and want a day off from it all as it is very full on. But at the same time I don't know whether I should call instead. Anyway as a side note, I'm going for a curry tonight so that should be nice. A consolation with my situation at the moment.

So you do know, really  :D trust your gut feeling....

It's a good thing that that you recognise it's not the company for you. If the job entails things you're not interested in or excel at, you'd soon get bored and disillusioned. Keep the faith, the right opportunity will come along - it always does...

Enjoy your curry tonight  :thumbup:

Guest CityFan 06

So you do know, really  :D trust your gut feeling....

It's a good thing that that you recognise it's not the company for you. If the job entails things you're not interested in or excel at, you'd soon get bored and disillusioned. Keep the faith, the right opportunity will come along - it always does...

Enjoy your curry tonight  :thumbup:

Thanks Izzy Muzzett, I'm really hoping something comes along just right for me as it can be demoralising with the disappointments I've faced thus far. The two most important factors for me is the right people and the right overall place/working environment.

Like I mentioned before, in my area, the vacancies are very thin on the ground, and they say at apprenticeship agencies - 'how would you get to the location?' and 'is it near enough to your home?'.    So, really, the potential apprenticeship has to be something near enough my location, otherwise it's a trek going to a place further away 5 days a week.

Yeah got 3 subjects in AS this year and then history at pre-U which is internally moderated, you? 

I'm in my 2nd year, A2 Physics, Maths and Psychology. Going pretty well, but still got 6 exams to go, in the next 19 days, so a lot of revision going on.

Thanks Izzy Muzzett, I'm really hoping something comes along just right for me as it can be demoralising with the disappointments I've faced thus far. The two most important factors for me is the right people and the right overall place/working environment.

Like I mentioned before, in my area, the vacancies are very thin on the ground, and they say at apprenticeship agencies - 'how would you get to the location?' and 'is it near enough to your home?'.    So, really, the potential apprenticeship has to be something near enough my location, otherwise it's a trek going to a place further away 5 days a week.

Would you be prepared to commute outside of your area to find a place that met your two most important factors?

Guest CityFan 06

Would you be prepared to commute outside of your area to find a place that met your two most important factors?

Good question, in fairness. Yes, I probably would. But at the same time I'd have to consider the travelling/commuting to a further destination for 5 days every week. It's a tough one. It's all on a scale of what's far I suppose. 

Good question, in fairness. Yes, I probably would. But at the same time I'd have to consider the travelling/commuting to a further destination for 5 days every week. It's a tough one. It's all on a scale of what's far I suppose. 

I'm guessing most people would happily commute an hour each way to do a job they love, than five minutes each way to do a job they hate. You might have to sacrifice a bit of distance from home initially to get yourself a position and on the career ladder. I wonder what other opportunities there might be out there if you spread your net a little wider?

Guest CityFan 06

I'm guessing most people would happily commute an hour each way to do a job they love, than five minutes each way to do a job they hate. You might have to sacrifice a bit of distance from home initially to get yourself a position and on the career ladder. I wonder what other opportunities there might be out there if you spread your net a little wider?

Yeah, you're probably right there. Just really want something I like enough to do on a daily basis, with the right people. At the moment there's calls almost every day, I do not know when to expect them so literally have to have my phone on me at all times. Feels overwhelming. I would like something good to come out of this, it would be nice.

Average day, busy. I woke up this morning and was asked to come to an apprenticeship agency in Leicester at 2pm. The person there who I spoke to on the phone previously, has managed to sort me an interview with an actual company tomorrow at 10:30am. I am also going to be called at 9:00am tomorrow as well before the interview.

I am expected to already have a suit/very smart wear so hope I've got that, everything's just happening so quickly, it feels rushed. Tomorrow is my birthday too, so I've got an interview on my birthday which is not ideal. Hope I get an apprenticeship soon, don't want it on my head any more, the availability of apprenticeship roles in my area seem to be in such short supply, yet so competitive. 

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, wasn't meant to be, as all the people involved are very helpful. However, I can't deny, for me, it's been very stressful the whole system. Want to give up on life sometimes  :(

Right, went for my interview this morning, and although I feel I did ok, I do not think the company is for me. The job title on the application is different to what the job actually entails, and most of it includes what I am not interested in nor excel at. So, we go again. I almost know I should call the related people, but to be honest it's my birthday and want a day off from it all as it is very full on. But at the same time I don't know whether I should call instead. Anyway as a side note, I'm going for a curry tonight so that should be nice. A consolation with my situation at the moment.

Yeah, you're probably right there. Just really want something I like enough to do on a daily basis, with the right people. At the moment there's calls almost every day, I do not know when to expect them so literally have to have my phone on me at all times. Feels overwhelming. I would like something good to come out of this, it would be nice.

Mate, look at some of the language you're using. I feel for you, but I sense you're 'making it up bad' and this isn't helping your situation right now. Can I ask how old you are @

Who's helping and supporting through this right now? Sounds to me like you need some real 'face to face' practical guidance and advice and I hope you're getting it. 

Hang in there buddy. If you want a chat about it, please feel free to DM me.

• Like 4

I remember my first job out of uni i had to take the train to downtown Toronto. From door to door took me 1 hour and 45 minutes. 3.5 hours a day travelling on top of your standard 8.5 hour work day. Was not fun but got my foot in the door when most friends couldnt get jobs and opened other doors for me.

Hope something works out for you leicsfox06 but do what ya gotta do to get where you want to be. The perfect job is tough to find these days.

• Like 2

Guest Kopfkino

I'm in my 2nd year, A2 Physics, Maths and Psychology. Going pretty well, but still got 6 exams to go, in the next 19 days, so a lot of revision going on.

What are you wanting to do next year, out of interest?

Mrs CF came running out of the bathroom after having a shower at our hotel earlier and rang reception with a right strop on saying there were no towels ....

I know they say that men come from Mars and women from Venus and all that but I think poor old Mrs CF comes from Pluto ....

post-23410-0-60479100-1465525628_thumb.j

• Like 3

Guest CityFan 06

I remember my first job out of uni i had to take the train to downtown Toronto. From door to door took me 1 hour and 45 minutes. 3.5 hours a day travelling on top of your standard 8.5 hour work day. Was not fun but got my foot in the door when most friends couldnt get jobs and opened other doors for me.

Hope something works out for you leicsfox06 but do what ya gotta do to get where you want to be. The perfect job is tough to find these days.

Thanks. You are right, it is hard to find a job that fits enough these days.

Finished my last exam of the year on Wednesday. 3hr15mins on criminal law. Very tough and did not give myself enough time to revise it. Think I did okay but certainly not as well as usual.

York races today, and set off to Bordeaux on Sunday morning. Can't wait.

Like I mentioned before, in my area, the vacancies are very thin on the ground, and they say at apprenticeship agencies - 'how would you get to the location?' and 'is it near enough to your home?'. So, really, the potential apprenticeship has to be something near enough my location, otherwise it's a trek going to a place further away 5 days a week.

You're very picky if it's your first job you can't be just accept one that will give you the knowledge and experience to progress and then apply for jobs once you're a better candidate

Had the info about my camera repair. It was a PCB unit.for the battery. Also lenses replaced and camera checked and cleaned. £124. Seems a lot but glad in a way that it was a major thing rather than a flat battery. At least it will be good as new. It would have cost double for a replacement for a similar model.

Somebody who does PC's said it was probably the electronics. I said I could not understand how the electronics can blow if it isn't even switched on. Light bulbs don't go if off.

Anyway it is now being processed for despatch.

Also ran into another Brit who just happened to be a Derby fan .... When I told him who I supported he quick as a flash came back with "Didn't you used to have a football team ?" .... Which I thought although coming from a toss@r was really quite clever.

Took me about 5 seconds until I came back with "We used to have a sh1t manager as well .... Don't know what happened to him".

One all I think ... then we both walked off in opposite directions.