Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just back from the imfirmary eye clinic. I've been worried for 2 weeks that I might have a torn retina. After having countless drops , being prodded in the eye by various things they've concluded that it's not serious. Very relieved.

My pupils are still dilated, I look like a Japanese cartoon character.

Crap day with 8 hours at the airport and then a 9 hour flight ... but tomorrow the real work begins ... gym diet the whole nine yards. You can see the problem ... which is the biggest ... the mountain in the background or Mt Countryfox in the foreground.

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender.jpg

And you mocked me!! Chunky chappy!! lol

Just back from the imfirmary eye clinic. I've been worried for 2 weeks that I might have a torn retina. After having countless drops , being prodded in the eye by various things they've concluded that it's not serious. Very relieved.

My pupils are still dilated, I look like a Japanese cartoon character.

How did you do that?

How did you do that?

Just age apparently. As you get older the gel in your eye shrinks and sometimes pulls the retina with it. I had a few symptoms but they don't think it's serious. 

Just age apparently. As you get older the gel in your eye shrinks and sometimes pulls the retina with it. I had a few symptoms but they don't think it's serious.

I wonder if there is a way to inject stuff into the eye to fill it out more? Imagine a fine needle in your eye though. Oooya bleeda

I wonder if there is a way to inject stuff into the eye to fill it out more? Imagine a fine needle in your eye though. Oooya bleeda

Don't. I can't even bear the thought of contact lenses. >_<

Went top of my golf club's 120-strong pub league order of merit for the first time last week and extended that lead this evening. It made me feel 21 again but, sadly, that   only confirms that I'm inclined to suffer from delusions! :D   

No, I'm not likely to stay top. But it is nice to enjoy the feeling before rigor mortis sets in.    

See, we old un's aren't finished yet.

• Like 1

Been an interesting day!

Formally retired today and also moved out of our family home of 23 years (5 children, although most now in their late 30's) and bought a flat in Dukes Drive.

Got up at 6am checked the result, happy with it, then spent 15 hours doing the move and work at same time!! Missus is old fashioned and wouldn't leave the house until she had cleaned the house from top to bottom and washes walls / floors etc!

Purchaser was outside at 330pm, but she sent him away and he came back at 6pm! I did try to point out that he had paid the money over, plus I wanted to get to our new gaff.

She said she had been brought up when people worked and did the job properly. Obviously she voted exit, as I did. Anyway that argument is for another thread, I managed to get to the conny club for a late drink before I wander 300 yards to the flat.

After 47 years constant work, Monday morning is gonna be strange!

I hope you enjoy your retirement, you thoroughly deserve it boyjones to oldjones lol

Been an interesting day!

Formally retired today and also moved out of our family home of 23 years (5 children, although most now in their late 30's) and bought a flat in Dukes Drive.

Got up at 6am checked the result, happy with it, then spent 15 hours doing the move and work at same time!! Missus is old fashioned and wouldn't leave the house until she had cleaned the house from top to bottom and washes walls / floors etc!

Purchaser was outside at 330pm, but she sent him away and he came back at 6pm! I did try to point out that he had paid the money over, plus I wanted to get to our new gaff.

She said she had been brought up when people worked and did the job properly. Obviously she voted exit, as I did. Anyway that argument is for another thread, I managed to get to the conny club for a late drink before I wander 300 yards to the flat.

I wish you both every happiness - it sounds as if you've earned it.  

are you the guy still in the plane?

lol nope thats 10 seconds after dropping out.

Edit, sorry misread your comment..no, im the grey haired old fart screaming :)

Edited by ozleicester

Thanks Thracian, the scary thing is where have the last 50 years gone!

Seems like only yesterday I watching us beat Stoke in the league cup final!!!!

Happy days. But nothing can beat this year. Win the FA Cup and I can peg out s happy man.

Thanks Thracian, the scary thing is where have the last 50 years gone!

Seems like only yesterday I watching us beat Stoke in the league cup final!!!!

Happy days. But nothing can beat this year. Win the FA Cup and I can peg out s happy man.

You nearly did on more than one occasion last year.

Congratulations,and enjoy.see you soon fella.

Been an interesting day!

Monday nearly here Jonesy so what you going to do ...

Have a nice breakfast then take stock.   Nice bike ride if the weather is good perhaps ..   trip into town ....    call into the courts and see who's been doing what .....   bit of gardening perhaps ...   charity work ...   help the kids ...   go down the pub ...     read a book ...   write a book !! ...   walk in the country ...   the worlds your bloody lobster !!    :)

Have a nice breakfast then take stock.   Nice bike ride if the weather is good perhaps ..   trip into town ....    call into the courts and see who's been doing what .....   bit of gardening perhaps ...   charity work ...   help the kids ...   go down the pub ...     read a book ...   write a book !! ...   walk in the country ...   the worlds your bloody lobster !!    :)

Avoid the Mrs ?

Jeremy Kyle... Judge Judy ... Homes Under The Hammer... Loose Women......

• Like 2