Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Half way through my Jury service and I have found it really interesting. Just finished a case on an assaulted Burglary charge. I thought the guy was guilty but the evidence didn't prove 100% of his guilt so had to give him a Not Guilty verdict. I have a day off today then will return tomorrow to possibly be told i'm on an 8 week case :blink: .

My son has been accepted into his special nursery for 2 days a week which is brilliant news. Monday and Tuesday at his nursery where he will have physio and speech therapy, Wednesday off, Thursday is his day at STEPS for his Conductive education, Friday off then Saturday is his private physio session before having Sunday off. My son is finally getting all the help he needs. 2 and a half years old and still cant crawl, walk or talk. Im hoping with his Nursery help he will start to come on a bit.

His big chair has now gone as well so that's a big piece of furniture out the house.

I have been on the healthy diet and exercise trip recently in order to be under the weight limit for my skydive. God I hope I make the weight I will be devastated if im too heavy.

Never a dull moment lol

If you don't mind me asking mate what condition does your son have?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Half way through my Jury service and I have found it really interesting. Just finished a case on an assaulted Burglary charge. I thought the guy was guilty but the evidence didn't prove 100% of his guilt so had to give him a Not Guilty verdict. I have a day off today then will return tomorrow to possibly be told i'm on an 8 week case :blink: .

My son has been accepted into his special nursery for 2 days a week which is brilliant news. Monday and Tuesday at his nursery where he will have physio and speech therapy, Wednesday off, Thursday is his day at STEPS for his Conductive education, Friday off then Saturday is his private physio session before having Sunday off. My son is finally getting all the help he needs. 2 and a half years old and still cant crawl, walk or talk. Im hoping with his Nursery help he will start to come on a bit.

His big chair has now gone as well so that's a big piece of furniture out the house.

I have been on the healthy diet and exercise trip recently in order to be under the weight limit for my skydive. God I hope I make the weight I will be devastated if im too heavy.

Never a dull moment lol

That's great your son is getting the help he needs. We are veterans of the system now as my son is 7 and has had a special needs statement (now EHCP) since he was 3. Getting the statement is the biggest hurdle to overcome, as without it it's very difficult to get help or support through the education system. Still the level of support he gets is hit and miss and funding cuts mean the council and health service take things away from him almost as soon as they grant them. Good luck with it.

If you don't mind me asking mate what condition does your son have?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My son has what is known as partial Agenesis of the Corpus Collosum (ACC)

The Corpus Collosum is the area of the brain that contain tiny hairs that transfer signals from one hemisphere to the other. In simple terms its the bridge between the 2 sides of the brain. My son was born with only a small number of hairs (There are millions of hairs and he has approx. 15% of them). Therefore his 2 sides of his brain aren't communicating with each other as they should be. This causes Development Delay. My son will find it difficult to communicate and use his motor skills.

What they do say though is that eventually the brain reconfigures itself to bypass the problems so eventually he should be able to walk and talk it will just be a very long process.

He also has Chromosome 12p duplication syndrome which is completely separate to his ACC ( I know, what are the odds) This means that his Chromosome 12 strand has a small duplication. In many instances a duplicated strand of DNA can cause all sorts of problems but we have had it tested and it seems like it will have little to no impact on his life which is a relief. His ACC is hard enough to contend with.

My son is also the only person in the country diagnosed with Chromosome 12p duplication syndrome. The NHS don't have any record in their archives on what this duplication is or what it means for him in the future. It probably means nothing hence why there is no record of it as it has never been a problem. So many people could have the duplication and aren't aware of it because they have never needed to be tested. They found it in my son only because of the genetic test he had because of his ACC.

Saying all that though he really is a good boy. He eats everything you give him, sleeps all night and rarely cries. He is very sensitive to certain sounds so now when his Grandma sneezes or he hears pots and pans clattering he cries but not for long. People look at him and you wouldn't know he has a disability.

We are hopeful he will catch up. We haven't put a time limit on it though. It happens when it happens. He may very well not crawl until he is much older.

Hope this post hasn't bored you. I could write a lot more but I think i've gone on long enough hahaha

That's great your son is getting the help he needs. We are veterans of the system now as my son is 7 and has had a special needs statement (now EHCP) since he was 3. Getting the statement is the biggest hurdle to overcome, as without it it's very difficult to get help or support through the education system. Still the level of support he gets is hit and miss and funding cuts mean the council and health service take things away from him almost as soon as they grant them. Good luck with it.

I think we will have a lot of trouble getting the statement as the system still view my son as just being lazy and that he will walk soon. His disability still isn't fully considered a disability until he is 3 years old (in 6 months time). Shocking tbh.

We've had trouble with his OT as he hasn't had one assigned to him for months now after his old OT's contract ran out. We have just received confirmation that he will be starting at Menphy's in September which we are delighted with. Im sure with Menphy's, STEPS and private physio we are giving him the best possible chance of him overcoming his development delay.

My main worry is his lack of communication but he will have a speech therapist whilst at Menphys so hopefully we will start to see some improvements in his speech. He mumbles sometimes and says mamamama but that's all we are getting atm. He did say dadada when he was about 10 months old but has never said it again.

• Like 1

Found out today the insurance have no qualms with our claim after the burglary and have sent out a cheque to replace all my stolen trainers. The electrical goods will be replaced by them, happy days.

Did you get your yeezys stolen?
  • Like 1

Been on the 5 2 diet since my jollies and the blubber is falling off ...    now just south of 15 st and looking good !   Last 2 days all I've had is porridge and soup so today breakfast was a massive fry up   :)    Boy was it good !!   Nice meal out tonight and a good few beers    :)  :)  :)

Been on the 5 2 diet since my jollies and the blubber is falling off ...    now just south of 15 st and looking good !   Last 2 days all I've had is porridge and soup so today breakfast was a massive fry up   :)    Boy was it good !!   Nice meal out tonight and a good few beers    :)  :)  :)

I've been doing the same for months, I can't say it's made me skinny but at least I'm not putting weight on.

What does this entail?

What does this entail?

2 days of 600 calories only and then whatever you want for the other 5.  I have porridge in the morning and home made vegetable soups for the rest of the day ...   never hungry.

Its the only way for me as I can't give up the beer ...    and it works.

Got to go as bloody big bird just come down the chimney ...    fooker !!