Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

some might remember some time last year we had a temp in at our work and he'd ask the most ridiculous things or speak to you in a weird way (while I was on the phone, for example).

Well, he's back. And he's not changed.

Sitting at our desks, happily getting on with work. Our office is quite open and has clear windows on 2 sides of the office, visible to everyone (they're huge). it starts raining quite heavily. He says to me 'apparently it's raining outside'.

:mellow:  :mellow:

how do you even reply to that? what do you do/say?!

He doesn't really sound that weird? Is he a love rival you have a grudge against so you're biased?

Too many going to Uni now and expecting jobs straightafter imo.

Probably going to be more tough for future youngsters because of Brexit possibly.

I did a placement year, so already had an advantage going up against other applicants (pretty much everyone who did a placement that I know of has a job or future study lined up already) and applied for grad schemes, which are specifically there for students and hire during the year so that the position is already secured around April time, before exams.

They're competitive, sure, but there are plenty of grad schemes and the like available that if you're reasonably hard working and intelligent enough to put an application together properly, expecting to have a job once you leave really isn't that much of a stretch. Honestly, it was a lot more competitive getting a placement than a grad scheme (~1/200 applicants were successful at the company I went to, compared to about 1/10 for my new role)

There are a fair few people who have put little effort into their degrees/next steps and are a bit naive as to what happens next, admittedly, but they're the minority and quite frankly it's their own fault.

Not sure what Brexit has to do with any of this to be honest, very very few graduates start off working overseas, and if anything itll reduce the number of foreign (EU) students competing with fresh grads for jobs...

• Like 1

Worked in London today. Fvck that for a laugh on the regular. Travelled 6 miles took me 90 mins. Piss take.

Although upon my return to Leics tonight I did the watermead challenge. 5 miles round two lakes at watermead in 45:24. Average pace 8:56 per mile. Not Mo Farah pace by any means but in the four years since I did LEICESTER marathon I've injured my acl twice, put on a **** load of weight and am finally getting back to my old marathon pacings. Plus I really enjoyed it tonight which is the main thing

So basically next time in london run to where you got to go?

Good stuff mate keep it up. I need to get my arse back in shape. Having two kids since 2013 has ruined me. So out of shape but oddly not gained weight. In fact lost weight since both came....all that chasing after them up and down the stairs. Ask me to run 100m I probably could do an Usain bolt for the first 20m and then cross and drop at the 100m mark in 15 seconds lol.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

He doesn't really sound that weird? Is he a love rival you have a grudge against so you're biased?

lol no. spend a day with him and you'd understand where I'm coming from

3 times over the past 2 days he said to me 'Pogba's going to Utd then. £100m', just randomly. 

Then I get back in the office yesterday afternoon and he says 'It's all gone quiet on the Pogba front, I think he'll stay at Juve now'. 

Went to a place called Hackspace. It is basically a few people fixing old things and making workable objects from what is at hand. They have a website and facebook page which may explain it better. I took my old Atmos computer to see if it  works. We got it working but the casing for the power unit has had some damage and was told it needs replacing (H&S) or just put a new casing on.

It was tried on a big flat screen but really all I need is a small one or a monitor.

They had a stand next to the TRJFP at the Riverside festival and I became interested because they had a 3D printer.

On that topic and I am sure animal righters will be pleased, some people have started to produce rhino horns by 3D printing which are the perfect replicas, which may hit the illegal trade as they can be produced and sold at a fraction of the price..

3 times over the past 2 days he said to me 'Pogba's going to Utd then. £100m', just randomly.

Then I get back in the office yesterday afternoon and he says 'It's all gone quiet on the Pogba front, I think he'll stay at Juve now'.

Sounds like a good bloke imo, solid views on the pogba situation.
  • Like 1

Went to a place called Hackspace. It is basically a few people fixing old things and making workable objects from what is at hand. They have a website and facebook page which may explain it better. I took my old Atmos computer to see if it  works. We got it working but the casing for the power unit has had some damage and was told it needs replacing (H&S) or just put a new casing on.

It was tried on a big flat screen but really all I need is a small one or a monitor.

They had a stand next to the TRJFP at the Riverside festival and I became interested because they had a 3D printer.

On that topic and I am sure animal righters will be pleased, some people have started to produce rhino horns by 3D printing which are the perfect replicas, which may hit the illegal trade as they can be produced and sold at a fraction of the price..

Unless they can print in ivory I seriously doubt it.

• Like 1

Well, they're almost identical genetically but yes, I doubt it'll have much of an impact on poaching.

It will just make 'real' rhino horn more sought after and more expensive.

Sounds like standard office small talk to me. If he was telling you where he'd hidden bodies I'd get it

Well, they're almost identical genetically but yes, I doubt it'll have much of an impact on poaching.

It will just make 'real' rhino horn more sought after and more expensive.

I do not have time to read it all. But this was just something I saw ina tweet or Facebook post and never looked into it. You may be right about it not stopping poaching but it is an interesting idea.

I'm sure there will be something more up to date

I do not have time to read it all. But this was just something I saw ina tweet or Facebook post and never looked into it. You may be right about it not stopping poaching but it is an interesting idea.

I'm sure there will be something more up to date

Why share it then if you've not read it and don't really know what it's about? Could be bullshit for all you know.

Started work at a new office the other day, it's a place I've worked at before actually so I already knew some of the people there and there's this one grumpy sod who's not very talkative and honestly I found a bit rude before.  Anyway I try being nice to him since I figure he just doesn't have very good people skills so I try to talk to him about football because I know he's interested in it but he refuses to be drawn into any of my attempted conversations about Pogba going to Man Utd.

lol

enjoy talking about the rain outside (apparently)  :D  :D  :D

Guest CityFan 06

Feel disgusting today. Sore throat blocked nose this morning coupled with hot sweats. Can't taste anything I eat

Got the same symptoms myself apart from the hot sweats. I'm coming out of the blocked nose now, still struggling to taste but shouldn't be for too long hopefully. 

Hopefully your symptoms clear soon too mate...

Had a lovely day in London yesterday.   Went to see the Go Between with Michael Crawford ...   not for all but me and Mrs CF really enjoyed it.    Went for a Japanese meal first at a place called Yauatcha about 6 mins walk away from several theatres on Shaftesbury Avenue.  Grizzled at first at Mrs CF's choice but it was brilliant and I can highly recommend it.  The menu looked very confusing but when explained was pretty straightforward ...   can't go wrong with dim sung scallops and prawns followed by  crispy duck ! ..   and the beer (Kirin Itchiban) was well nice !! ...   and this is from a bitter drinker.  Give it a go peeps ...   sure you won't be disappointed.  Best to book.

At least you've got one that can cook Bucey ! ... but to be fair she hasn't been around lately so I can't complain ... think the broomstick is in for a service.

When I say cook..

Seriously, her old man spends weeks at a time in hospital. I swear there's nothing wrong with him - he just goes in for the food.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2