Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

imagine it being that hot an you did an 8 hour shift really hungover on about two hours kip

just had 20 nugs from maccy dees tho so can feel all my limbs again, allez

Glad I'm not you really. An 8 hour shift hanging on 2 hours kip. Sounds like my life about 10 years ago tbh. Now today I went to my first kids party with my son. Wasn't as bad as I expected but I knew some parents there and some of them are actually decent people.

All of this whilst sweatin me sunburnt noggin off

Flew over Mt. Teide in a helicopter.

Awesome.

Was it your stepfathers?

Start my job next monday, and from what I've gathered its similar to a consultancy, and we each interview with prospective clients to see if we're the right fit for their project.

Haven't started yet but already been lined up for a client interview this morning. Getting started early is great and all, but I have very little idea what I'm supposed to be doing, and I don't even know who/what the client is. Seems a very strange way of doing things.

In the meantime, I've been sat waiting for the phone to ring for the last hour, and it could happen anytime between now and midday (ish). Despise phone interviews, and not knowing when to expect it just makes my anxiety even worse... :/ No idea why they couldn't just wait until I'd started the job already, like any normal company would do...

2 hours ago, Xen said:

-

Update: Well that call was... eventful.

The client sounds great, and there is a fairly big presence of other IBMers (their term, not mine) already working with them, so it sounds like a good, challenging working environment.

And then they dropped the bombshell that, instead of being based in the center of Leicester like I was looking forward to, I'll be spending ~4 days a week up in Liverpool for 3+ months. :blink: Not at all what I was expecting when I signed up for the role... haha.

On 17 July 2016 at 20:15, Unabomber said:

got sunburnt on me legs so so bad. Was reading my book in the garden didn't put any sun cream on my legs as I thought legs didn't burn. Turns out they do and proper bad.

On 17 July 2016 at 20:15, Unabomber said:

got sunburnt on me legs so so bad. Was reading my book in the garden didn't put any sun cream on my legs as I thought legs didn't burn. Turns out they do and proper bad.

I saw a customer yesterday who was as red as the Chinese flag.Being on the road I tend to talk to myself anyway.When I saw her across the car park  when I was in the motif I said" Fvcking hell" and giggled.

First thing I said was" Don't be embarrassed it's only me"She was wincing when walking it was painful to watch,kept giggling in my car later thinking about it.The pillock!

Guest Col city fan

Myself and Mrs Col have today bought a caravan at Chapel St Leonards. Right near the beach and a little club and swimming pool and all that gubbins. Needs a few bits but it's essentially all there. Should be good fun.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Myself and Mrs Col have today bought a caravan at Chapel St Leonards. Right near the beach and a little club and swimming pool and all that gubbins. Needs a few bits but it's essentially all there. Should be good fun.

Nice one mate. Hope you enjoy your retirement together :thumbup:

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

25 degrees is nice. It's sunny enough and hot enough, and you get a nice breeze outside. 

32 degrees is awful. I went into my bedroom for 2 minutes, started sweating like a... (insert dodgy old bloke at a playground joke here) 

Resigned myself to the fact I'll be sleeping downstairs tonight.