Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Myself and Mrs Col have today bought a caravan at Chapel St Leonards. Right near the beach and a little club and swimming pool and all that gubbins. Needs a few bits but it's essentially all there. Should be good fun.

I've got one too Col ....    trouble is I can never find the bugger ...

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Nice one on the van Col. My family have a couple. I've only stayed at them twice. Not my bag. But my family love them.

Me neither MC, I always hated them ...   especially when you are stuck behind one on a bank holiday !   But if you want to get away from it and want something better than a shed or a tent they are brilliant.  I went to a place on the A5 and asked for the cheapest one they had ....    at the back of the lot was this Lunar Clubman 475.  I got it for about £900 and they did it up and gave me loads freebies.   Day with the chainsaw to clear a path deep into the wood and then got the farmer next door to drag it in behind his tractor.   £20 for a camo tarp and some netting for the windows and ...   hey presto a home from home.  I took this picture a week or 2 ago and its still in perfect condition since I last went there about 6 months ago.    It is in the middle of nowhere mind and when you get back from the pub it can be difficult to find ...   :)

IMG_1027.jpg

Guest Mee-9

I had my first ever Skype job interview today. It went well. Although the girl who interviewed me was a right sort, proper good looking which if you think like me, you go, "SH*T SHES FIT, PANIC NOW, PANIC NOW." I just kept thinking I was on myfreecams and having to tip her to take her clothes off. 

However, how the hell do you dress for a Skype interview though? Pre-interview preparation consisted of tidying the front room up, throwing the dog outside for 30 minutes, and making sure the webcam hides my quadruple chins at the right angle. 

I was tempted to just dress in a shirt and tie, then go stark b*llock naked down below. If the camera fell down it'd spice things up. 

I expect her to give me feedback on Monday, chances are she'll go, "You're interview manner was adequate, you're previous experience isn't the best, and you could do with a few more inches of girth." 

51 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I had my first ever Skype job interview today. It went well. Although the girl who interviewed me was a right sort, proper good looking which if you think like me, you go, "SH*T SHES FIT, PANIC NOW, PANIC NOW." I just kept thinking I was on myfreecams and having to tip her to take her clothes off. 

However, how the hell do you dress for a Skype interview though? Pre-interview preparation consisted of tidying the front room up, throwing the dog outside for 30 minutes, and making sure the webcam hides my quadruple chins at the right angle. 

I was tempted to just dress in a shirt and tie, then go stark b*llock naked down below. If the camera fell down it'd spice things up. 

I expect her to give me feedback on Monday, chances are she'll go, "You're interview manner was adequate, you're previous experience isn't the best, and you could do with a few more inches of girth." 

Hahahaa nice.

I had 1 skype interview before and the lady was about 25 and was stunning. I just wore dress shirt and tie with my boxers.. if the camera had fallen down she woulda seen my woody and hired me on the spot.

8 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

lol. never had to do one but I'd presume like any other interview you'd go to unless told otherwise. If they ask you why you're in a suit and tie when at home just say you're being professional and wanted to make a good impression and were taking the interview seriously?

Guest Mee-9

After interview-gate I've been brought back down to earth with a night of crazy toothache.

Emergency dental appt in 30 - PrayForMee

Just arrived at Southend Hospital for work. Nice two and a half hour drive. Not been down this neck of the woods since 2009 when Fryatt bagged a brace to secure the L1 title. Good times.

Roots hall is just around the corner might swing by for nostalgia purposes.

the first time in my Lcfc supporting life I was able to chant "championees CHAMPIONEES CHAMPIONEES ole ole ole"

Guest Mee-9

I had that tooth out. It was the worst dental experience ever.

The Tooth had a slight absess on it, which was agony but he still yanked it out. Plus it was roasting in there, then the dentist left the door wide open for a whole waiting room to see. 

To top it all off I wasnt even fully numb when he did this. Walked back to my car, sat in it and blacked out for a bit. Someone knocked on the window to check I was alright.

All that for £53. 53 quid. 

Just now, StanSP said:

had a nightmare last night - I forgot our Community Shield tickets and then kept getting on the wrong tube so didn't get to Wembley in time and made me, my dad, my uncle and brother miss the game lol

Did we win ??

Horrible day. Took my sons to Bosworth Water Park when all of a sudden crowds started to gather over the other side with paramedics and Police arriving followed by the air ambulance.

A little 5 year old boy had been pulled from the water. Last we heard he was still alive when he was airlifted but just seen a statement from the Police confirming his death. Absolutely devestating news and has really knocked me back. He's the same age as my eldest son. 

Been 5 years today since cancer stole mum from our family.  You get used to dealing without having loved ones around but my mum suffered a lot and it hurts so much knowing that. I hate this day with a passion. Miss her terribly. She never got to see grandkids. Missed out by 1.5 years. 

If there was one cvnt i'd kill first it would most definitely be cancer.

I know you're up there smiling away so i will at least drink to that. Cheers mum!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Been 5 years today since cancer stole mum from our family.  You get used to dealing without having loved ones around but my mum suffered a lot and it hurts so much knowing that. I hate this day with a passion. Miss her terribly. She never got to see grandkids. Missed out by 1.5 years. 

If there was one cvnt i'd kill first it would most definitely be cancer.

I know you're up there smiling away so i will at least drink to that. Cheers mum!

Sorry to hear that mate, I lost my mother nearly 2 years ago, cancer as well. It's a real bastard of a disease.

Just now, Webbo said:

Sorry to hear that mate, I lost my mother nearly 2 years ago, cancer as well. It's a real bastard of a disease.

Thanks. Ya it sure is. Her brother inlaw passed away from cancer 3 days before her.  And she lost her mum to cancer  when she was 7.  Sigh. Sorry to hear about your mum. Seems like everyone in this world goes through situations  where soneone close battles cancer.

Officially signed up for my State Pension. I will be a little better off each week as it is not means tested like the PC so happy with that but not that it is a reminder of my age like all the 'Plan for your retirement; and funeral letters I receive.

For me what the pension is, it is ok but for anyone who is used to a decent wage it would be a huge drop in income unless they have a good private pension as well.

A thought has just occured to me though. Whether other things like Housing Benefit will be affected. Do you get HB as an OAP? Or else it wont make any difference or make me worse off.

Guest CityFan 06

August 2nd I've got the dentist - not keen at all and I've got to have a tooth taken out. Luckily I've never had any teeth issues in my time of going but what's the anesthetic injection like? What have you got to do straight afterwards and can you eat/drink? I've done research but wondered if anyone has had any personal experiences...