Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

August 2nd I've got the dentist - not keen at all and I've got to have a tooth taken out. Luckily I've never had any teeth issues in my time of going but what's the anesthetic injection like? What have you got to do straight afterwards and can you eat/drink? I've done research but wondered if anyone has had any personal experiences...

Is it local or the full one? I had two taken out they injected it into my gums which hurt a bit, your lips go numb and feel proper fat, not advisable to eat straight after better to wait a few hours. Can still feel them taking them out even after the injections but it's not agonising or anything.

Guest CityFan 06
2 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Is it local or the full one? I had two taken out they injected it into my gums which hurt a bit, your lips go numb and feel proper fat, not advisable to eat straight after better to wait a few hours. Can still feel them taking them out even after the injections but it's not agonising or anything.

Just the local I think. I'm worried about it, but hopefully it will be over in a morning and I won't have to worry about it anymore...

12 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

August 2nd I've got the dentist - not keen at all and I've got to have a tooth taken out. Luckily I've never had any teeth issues in my time of going but what's the anesthetic injection like? What have you got to do straight afterwards and can you eat/drink? I've done research but wondered if anyone has had any personal experiences...

Had a tooth taken out cos it was decaying and causing damage internally. nerve was already dead but still painful sensation-wise.

Had it taken out I think about a year ago. Injection in gum which is like a sharp sting. But goes numb quite quickly. My tooth had to be taken out in 3 pieces because it was too tough to take out in one piece :dry:.

There was a little bit of bleeding but they gave me a bit of cotton wool and some gauze to soak it up. Was fine by the evening. 

Got a second interview for a job on Thursday, first one went well but this one they have asked me to think about 'increasing the quality and growth of the business' now would you take that as 'think about it' as in answer questions they have or proactively create like a presentation on how you think you could improve it for the business? 

Guest CityFan 06

Thank you to StanSP and DanNDH88 for taking the time to reply, I suppose it's one of those things that needs doing. I suspect afterwards it will be a relief though knowing it's all done. 

Guest CityFan 06
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Had a tooth taken out cos it was decaying and causing damage internally. nerve was already dead but still painful sensation-wise.

Had it taken out I think about a year ago. Injection in gum which is like a sharp sting. But goes numb quite quickly. My tooth had to be taken out in 3 pieces because it was too tough to take out in one piece :dry:.

There was a little bit of bleeding but they gave me a bit of cotton wool and some gauze to soak it up. Was fine by the evening. 

Ok, thank you for that. Just hope it all goes ok with me I'm sure it will, it's just that nervousness beforehand which makes you overthink stuff. 

7 hours ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Ok, thank you for that. Just hope it all goes ok with me I'm sure it will, it's just that nervousness beforehand which makes you overthink stuff. 

you'll be fine afterwards. I barely notice that I have a gap (thankfully not visible cos it's one of my teeth towards the side of my mouth). And it doesn't hurt when I eat either - barely noticeable afterwards!

13 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Got a second interview for a job on Thursday, first one went well but this one they have asked me to think about 'increasing the quality and growth of the business' now would you take that as 'think about it' as in answer questions they have or proactively create like a presentation on how you think you could improve it for the business? 

They would say if they wanted a presentation.  I would go in with a few ideas prepared, and phrase it as "clearly I am looking from the outside here, and you have no doubt considered these, however my view would be that from where the business is, you have a couple of options which appear attractive and worth looking at.... then make your point as to why you think your ideas could work, and how they would improve the business.

15 hours ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

I've had plenty of teeth out... The time at my local dentist he just gave me a couple of injections in my mouth (aesthetic) and you don't really feel anything they do after that (ie taking the tooth out)... For a couple of hours after you'll probably chew your gum instead of the actual food though. No problem drinking as it's just liquid, straight down.

• Like 1

Guest CityFan 06
1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I've had plenty of teeth out... The time at my local dentist he just gave me a couple of injections in my mouth (aesthetic) and you don't really feel anything they do after that (ie taking the tooth out)... For a couple of hours after you'll probably chew your gum instead of the actual food though. No problem drinking as it's just liquid, straight down.

Thanks. Did the injections hurt or not much? I suppose everyone's pain barrier is different but how was it for you?

Edited by LeiFosse 06

9 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Thanks. Did the injections hurt or not much? I suppose everyone's pain barrier is different but how was it for you?

The injection just feels like a pinch. Doesn't hurt at all. Then after 10 mins your face will be numb so u won't feel any pain from the tooth being taken out. if you hav a good dentist then he will pull the tooth out in 1 go and u won't feel a thing. I've had 2 teeth removed. First one the dentist was useless he broke it and practically forced his fist in my mouth to pull it out. Very uncomfortable. 2nd tooth was a breeze. Glenfield dentist is a magician .

dentistry now is really good I've had a root canal, crown, fillings and teeth removed and never felt pain. Discomfort yes but not actual pain. You will be fine.

i didn't look after my teeth and was scared of the dentist, now I can't speak highly enough about going dentist. You will come out thinking what was I so worried about

Guest CityFan 06
1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

The injection just feels like a pinch. Doesn't hurt at all. Then after 10 mins your face will be numb so u won't feel any pain from the tooth being taken out. if you hav a good dentist then he will pull the tooth out in 1 go and u won't feel a thing. I've had 2 teeth removed. First one the dentist was useless he broke it and practically forced his fist in my mouth to pull it out. Very uncomfortable. 2nd tooth was a breeze. Glenfield dentist is a magician .

dentistry now is really good I've had a root canal, crown, fillings and teeth removed and never felt pain. Discomfort yes but not actual pain. You will be fine.

i didn't look after my teeth and was scared of the dentist, now I can't speak highly enough about going dentist. You will come out thinking what was I so worried about

Thank you for that kingcarr21, appreciate it. I've been going to the same dentist for 10+ years now so he is very good, in fairness. Like you said it's probably going to be one of those things that I needn't of worried about, hopefully anyway. I've got the appointment at the start of August.

38 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

I hate going to the dentist ...   for years I saw this German bloke called Dr Szell ...   he didn't bother with anesthetic but used to just drill into my teeth and kept asking  "Is it safe?" ....    I hadn't got a clue what he was on about but he just kept asking ...   bonkers !!

At least my new dentist gives me an injection ....   mind you last time he injected into the top of my mouth and stuck it in too far ....   I could feel it going into the back of my eye...    bleedin painful  it was !! ...   but at least when he yanked my tooth out and ripped a chunk off my tongue I didn't feel a thing.

Good luck LF06.   :) 

Guest CityFan 06
5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I hate going to the dentist ...   for years I saw this German bloke called Dr Szell ...   he didn't bother with anesthetic but used to just drill into my teeth and kept asking  "Is it safe?" ....    I hadn't got a clue what he was on about but he just kept asking ...   bonkers !!

At least my new dentist gives me an injection ....   mind you last time he injected into the top of my mouth and stuck it in too far ....   I could feel it going into the back of my eye...    bleedin painful  it was !! ...   but at least when he yanked my tooth out and ripped a chunk off my tongue I didn't feel a thing.

Good luck LF06.   :) 

Thank you, fingers crossed it goes ok. As you've probably gathered, not a fan of going to the dentist at all like yourself.

So weird, was down stairs having something to eat, and heard someone's phone ringing from upstairs, my phone was right next to me so that wasn't it, and everyone is out and has their phones and ipads etc with them. Checked all the rooms and no one's there, quite scary as the alarm went off in the middle of the night and then again at 12. 

A bloke at work keeps calling me Dave whenever I see him, he's not saying it jokingly he genuinely thinks my names Dave. 

I've worked here 8 years and he's an outside contractor who looks after the vending machines so I only see him twice a week at most. But for the past couple of years whenever I see him he calls me Dave. It's been going on so long now that I answer to it and acknowledge him. 

What should I do, tell him my name isn't Dave or just go along with it like I have been?

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

A bloke at work keeps calling me Dave whenever I see him, he's not saying it jokingly he genuinely thinks my names Dave. 

I've worked here 8 years and he's an outside contractor who looks after the vending machines so I only see him twice a week at most. But for the past couple of years whenever I see him he calls me Dave. It's been going on so long now that I answer to it and acknowledge him. 

What should I do, tell him my name isn't Dave or just go along with it like I have been?

Do whatever you feel comfortable with Dave.

ps is he Papa Lazarou?

Edited by Costock_Fox

34 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Is his name Trigger ? ....    If it is call him Reg ...    that will soon nip it in the bud.

On 26 July 2016 at 11:32, Jon the Hat said:

They would say if they wanted a presentation.  I would go in with a few ideas prepared, and phrase it as "clearly I am looking from the outside here, and you have no doubt considered these, however my view would be that from where the business is, you have a couple of options which appear attractive and worth looking at.... then make your point as to why you think your ideas could work, and how they would improve the business.

Thanks for the advice took it and did a like a hand out rather than a presentation must of gone down well at they phoned me tonight and offered me the role! Happy days can afford the champs league tickets now! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Yastafox said:

Starting the long process of buying our first house. Got some viewings lined up for tomorrow. Got a mid size deposit saved up but all these mortgages and house schemes really confuse me. Any advice?

arrange a meeting with an independent mortgage advisor, not through an estate agent and make sure he has no ties to a particular lender. He will give you a comprehensive list of all the available mortgages and what is best for you. 

• Like 1